Ok Bucs fans, we need to make a decision.

I have tried to reach the admin here many times to no avail.  I have a friend of mine who will host the site for me and set up a new board with a new domain.  Is this acceptable to you all?  I am not overly worried about the cost.  If it is prohibitive, I will post options of voluntary assistance.  This will be hosted in the US and will be kept up to date and I will pay for it under a new domain, which if we agree to go that way, we can discuss as well.  Let me know your thoughts.  I can have this done in about a month.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't charge something that maybe costs me $100 a year.  I am not sure the costs that were incurred with this board, but I know I will have a stable server and bandwidth on the cheap.  It's good to have friends that are in the space.

Anyway, I have told him to find some Bucs related domains and to set up something similar to this site, with Tampa Bay Sports, College Sports, and Off Topic discussions. 

Once I have a list of domains, I will post them in this thread and we can come to a consensus. 

Honestly, I just wanted to take/buy the domain, but no one is replying to me.  I am not sure how long this site will stay up as its certs are expired.  Those are usually purchased at the same time as the domain is registered, but who knows. 

If we do migrate somewhere else, we can leave a message where to find us on here and the FB page for this page.

If no one is 'minding the house' on the Bucschat.com domain, it will expire and then become available after 3/29/2022. It was registered through GoDaddy, so it depends on how fast they turn around and make it available after it expires.

FYI, Bucschat.org and Bucschat.us appear to not be registered. Could always grab one (or both) of those and use for new board and then grab Bucschat.com when it becomes available next year. Then point everything to one primary domain.

On 4/13/2021 at 7:03 PM, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Yes, this all sounds great and I'm in of course, but is there any way to recruit more people?  If not maybe the core group should just start doing watch party type stuff and actually get to know each other.  

In the Court of the Crimson King - Wikipedia

I am going to promote the site using search engines for three months a little before the start of the season and during.  I am also going to post on the other boards with links that people post here that have a good take.  I am following the terms and conditions of other boards by doing so.  We will get traffic I am sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Okie dokie Bucs fans.  I have a host and am working on getting the URL/domain done.  My buddy is working on the website.  Also I reached out again to whomever has this board in face book.  They read my message, but never replied so fuck 'em. 

My one question for the plank members (YOU)-what 5 features would you like to see on the board?  Ratings, likes, things of that nature.  Let me know.  Also, what kind of other forums would you like?  I have right now, BUCS / RAYS / LIGHTNING and I will also have a college section for Florida sports.  GATORS / HURRICANES / KNIGHTS / SEMINOLES....missing anyone?  What non-sports forums would you like?  Hell I am even in favor of a non-moderated, anything goes (within reason) political section AS LONG AS that shit doesn't end up elsewhere on the board...  So let me know.  THIS IS YOUR BOARD!!!