We've got Brady for at least another year, and all things being equal, I'd much rather see them add depth and youth to the supporting cast than invest in a future QB.  At QB I'd rather just keep grabbing veterans and maybe take the occasional grab at a later round QB.

But, we have a late pick, and my guess is that this will be an unusual draft.  Great scouting is probably going to be even more important since some very talented players may have sat out the season and just Covid in general.

47 minutes ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

We've got Brady for at least another year, and all things being equal, I'd much rather see them add depth and youth to the supporting cast than invest in a future QB.  At QB I'd rather just keep grabbing veterans and maybe take the occasional grab at a later round QB.

But, we have a late pick, and my guess is that this will be an unusual draft.  Great scouting is probably going to be even more important since some very talented players may have sat out the season and just Covid in general.

Probably a versatile Offensive Lineman nobody's ever heard of in the second or third round from some small college like Poonfor U?

This all depends on who's on the board and how free agency goes... I think we're going to end up needing pass rushers more than anything, but yes OL wouldn't hurt.

If there is a solid prospect who's fallen a little and is there at 32, and the Bucs have a good free agency period, I would not be opposed to drafting a QB to let him learn from Brady... whether that's one year, 2, or 5, I have no idea - but if the Bucs aren't going to be right back where they started in two years, I want them to have a plan at that position before they need it, and while the GOAT is wandering around showing people how it's done.

There is a chance Barmore might be there but unfortunately he put his best tape in the College Football playoffs. He started off weakly as his knee was hurt but he became stronger and more dominant as he recovered. I do not think he will be there at 32 but I would move up if he starts falling in the mid 20s.

Maybe its just me, but the Bucs have had nothing but horrible luck with drafting QB's (other than Doug Williams). And it's not just the Bucs, as the NFL is littered with 1st round QB fails. I would rather let someone else develop QBs and then grab them in FA. Most of the Bucs' offensive success and all SB wins have been with FA QBs.

I think Brady, Evans, Smith and Jensen redo their deals to more cap friendly deals. 

Godwin and Barrett should get long term deals.

David should finish his career with the Bucs and get a deal that is in the 3-4 year range,  but more cap friendly than his last deal.

Gronk wants to come back, but I think we would take less than the 9 mil he was paid last year. 

2.8 for our punter seems like a lot as well. 

I don't see Fournette or Brown coming back. 

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

I don't see Fournette or Brown coming back. 

Yeah, Fournette played well enough in the playoffs to parlay a medium-sized (3-4 mil per year) with another team...but I think Brown comes back since teams are probably still afraid he could really dick things up off the field (and won’t have Brady keeping him in line). Besides, Brown wants to come back...but it better not be at the cost of losing Godwin.

It wouldn’t shock me if Gronk comes back for lesser money...the dude is having the time of his life and will only play for Brady.

Agreed, need to sign Barrett and Godwin to long-term deals. Would like Suh to come back for another year, but he’ll need to take a pay cut...the reduced cap may dictate a lot of these actions.

1 hour ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

$3-4 million hasn’t been a medium sized price tag for a starting RB since 2004.  

That’s dirt fucking cheap.  If he’s going to play for that much it had better be in Tampa. 

NFL average is about 4 mil per year.

Fournette will most likely get a deal in the 5-7 mil/yr range IMO.

Either way, I doubt the Bucs even try re-sign him.

I think they bring in a low-end 3rd down back like James White and Rojo the 1-2 down duties. Or if a stud back like Harris or Etienne falls to the end of the first, they may go that route.

1 hour ago, MadMac said:

Yeah, Fournette played well enough in the playoffs to parlay a medium-sized (3-4 mil per year) with another team...but I think Brown comes back since teams are probably still afraid he could really dick things up off the field (and won’t have Brady keeping him in line). Besides, Brown wants to come back...but it better not be at the cost of losing Godwin.

It wouldn’t shock me if Gronk comes back for lesser money...the dude is having the time of his life and will only play for Brady.

Agreed, need to sign Barrett and Godwin to long-term deals. Would like Suh to come back for another year, but he’ll need to take a pay cut...the reduced cap may dictate a lot of these actions.

Brown is a tricky one. You still have 2 young talented WRs in Miller and Johnson. 

Gronk was a fantastic addition to the run blocking and still requires attention from the defense in the passing game. 

Players they may redo are Evans, Jensen, Smith and Brate.

Once they re-do and re-sign their own, we will have a better idea about the draft. 

It's just fucking awesome to be picking last. 

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

NFL average is about 4 mil per year.

Fournette will most likely get a deal in the 5-7 mil/yr range IMO.

Either way, I doubt the Bucs even try re-sign him.

I think they bring in a low-end 3rd down back like James White and Rojo the 1-2 down duties. Or if a stud back like Harris or Etienne falls to the end of the first, they may go that route.

I suppose your'e not wrong... $5-7 M per year sounds right.  But 3-4 M per, the Bucs should pay that easily.  

There are only a few, and Fournette wouldn't be one of them based on one playoff run, but the top RB's who manage to get second contracts make between $7 and $16m per year.

6 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I suppose your'e not wrong... $5-7 M per year sounds right.  But 3-4 M per, the Bucs should pay that easily.  

There are only a few, and Fournette wouldn't be one of them based on one playoff run, but the top RB's who manage to get second contracts make between $7 and $16m per year.

Yeah the RB position is thin at the top (Zeke, McCaffery, Henry). Then there is a big drop off. 

I think the Bucs go with RoJo, Vaughn and either a draft pick or a low-end FA who can catch like a James White.

Some team will probably give Fournette a deal the Bucs won't be interested in matching.