Bucs are 3.5 pt underdogs for the Super Bowl

Here we go again.  Its already starting with how awesome Hill and Kelce are.  How great the offense is....SHUT UP!   The Bucs just beat the two best NFC teams.  Brady is different in the playoffs.  The Bucs are playing better ball.  Let see what happens.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2928180-super-bowl-2021-initial-odds-final-score-prediction-for-chiefs-vs-buccaneers

Super Bowl 2021: Initial Odds, Final-Score Prediction for Chiefs vs. Buccaneers

The storylines write themselves.   

The old guard vs. the new. The GOAT vs. the challenger to the throne. The 43-year-old with six titles and 10 Super Bowl appearances vs. the 25-year-old who has already been a champion and an MVP and is playing in his second straight Super Bowl. 

Tom Brady vs. Patrick Mahomes. You don't want to miss it. 

Yeah, sure, there are other players in this year's Super Bowl, too. But let's be honest. We all know that for the next two weeks, most of the talk is going to be about the two quarterbacks.

Let's dig a little deeper, taking an early look at the odds, previewing this game and offering up a prediction. 

WhenSunday, Feb. 7 at 6:30 p.m. ET

Where: Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay

Watch: CBS

Odds: Chiefs (-3.5), per DraftKings

Preview

OK, let's get this out of the way: The Chiefs don't just hold the edge at quarterback; they hold the significant edge at the position. Mahomes is the best player in football, period, while Brady nearly cost his team a 28-10 lead in the NFC Championship Game with his three second-half interceptions. 

Mahomes this postseason? Four passing touchdowns, one rushing touchdown and zero interceptions. He threw all of six interceptions this entire season. The odds of him significantly hurting Kansas City with turnovers are far smaller than Brady doing the same. 

There's little doubt Tampa has a good defense, however, and a dangerous pass rush, one that sacked Aaron Rodgers five times Sunday. Todd Bowles is one of the best defensive minds in the game. That's a major concern for a Chiefs team that could be without offensive tackle Eric Fisher, who injured his Achilles on Sunday. 

Don't sleep on this Chiefs defense, though.

It's held opponents to 20 or fewer points 10 times this season and gave up 22.6 points per game in the regular season, tied for 10th in the NFL. Mahomes and the offense are scary, but you don't go 16-2 without a capable defense.

The skill-position firepower in this game will be a wash. Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce and Kansas City's cadre of speedy playmakers stretch defenses both vertically and horizontally, and the play-calling and play design of Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy—including some of the best screen-pass designs in football—constantly put defenses under pressure.

Tampa will counter with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, Ronald Jones II and Leonard Fournette. Bruce Arians is no slouch as an innovative offensive mind himself. 

There's a hard-and-fast rule for games like these that otherwise seem like balanced matchups: Go with the better quarterback. It doesn't always work out. We've seen players like Nick Foles and Eli Manning punch above their weight in previous Super Bowls. 

But generally, the better quarterback is the difference in these games. Brady may be a legend, but at this particular moment in time, Mahomes is the better player. And that makes the Chiefs the smarter pick. 

Prediction: Chiefs win, 31-27

Ya know with the write up, it seems like the author watched only the Green Bay game and drew all their conclusions.

I really feel that this game will boil down to the health of our starting safeties.  If Winfield and Whitehead are close to 100%, I think the Bucs win soundly.  If they are both injured or playing injured, I think we lose just as soundly.  Seems to me that if they are healthy, this defense is ferocious.

Bucs need to run the ball and then run it some more. Short passes and keep the ball. 

The only way to slow that offense down is to keep them off the field. 

The defense needs a couple key plays (sack fumble, int).

Sure having both starting safeties will help, but we had both safeties healthy the first meeting. 

Hill and Kelce have to be backet covered and when they do make catches underneath, we have to tackle. 

can't wait 

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Bucs need to run the ball and then run it some more. Short passes and keep the ball. 

The only way to slow that offense down is to keep them off the field. 

The defense needs a couple key plays (sack fumble, int).

Sure having both starting safeties will help, but we had both safeties healthy the first meeting. 

Hill and Kelce have to be backet covered and when they do make catches underneath, we have to tackle. 

can't wait 

Spot on.

They have to control the clock. Have to. The whole game.

6 hours ago, MadMac said:

The Chiefs may very well win - they are a great team - but this is not the same Bucs team that played them earlier this season.

Very true. 

I think the coaching staff has a better grasp of how to best utilize the players they have on both sides of the ball. 

Vita makes an enormous difference pushing the pocket and requires a double team. 

I think the CBs have grown a lot the 2nd half of the season as well. 

Also they seem much more committed to running the ball w Lenny and Rojo. 

Brady has to take care of the ball in this one. 

On 2/5/2021 at 11:41 AM, UncleBuc said:

Vita Vea did not play the first time.   2 of their OL who won't be there this time did.   It will be a different game but KC is still talented enough to win it.

I'm just hoping for a good game. Ofcourse once they kickoff I'll be jacked up for the Bucs to win a championship, but either way it's been a hell of a ride this year with the Bolts, Rays and Bucs.

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

I just put $3.48 million on the game taking the points.

Hahahahaha.  There has been a lot of reporting on peoples crazy betting in this game.  More than any other Super Bowl I can remember.  Some guy bet that the Bucs will score 4 point then turned around and bet that the Chiefs will score 4 points.  Never understood bets like that.

I guess I'm late to the discussion tonight.... The issue isn't Brady vs Mahomes, but rather the supporting cast.  With the Bucs fairly healthy, they've got a lot of talent on offense and defense.  The other thing Brady brings to the table is that he's elevating the team a bit.  The team is disciplined.  The turnovers aren't happening, and there aren't many penalties.  Maybe the injuries helped a bit on defense making it harder to prepare for the Bucs D