NCF Championship Game Game Day Thread - Bucs vs Packers 1/24/2021

Here we go Bucs fans!!!  I am starting the game day thread early so maybe we can get some back and forth prior to the game.  We are a little less than six hours until the BIGGEST game the Bucs have been a part of since 2003 when they won the Super Bowl.  The majority of the talking heads out there have the Bucs going down to Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.  Me?  I am not sure what to think.  These are not the same Packers we played and frog stomped on the way to a 38-10 shellacking.  Rodgers looked like a deer staring into bright head lights after moving the Packers to a TD and FG to take an early 10-0 lead.  He looked scared.  He was always hearing footsteps and it had a real negative impact on his passes.  Nope.  They aren't the same Packers and it isn't the same Rodgers.  He was like a surgeon last week against the Rams.  He picked them apart on the way to a 32-18 win.  That score was not as close as it sounds.

That said, this is not the same Bucs that the Packers played.  I know there will be people that disagree with this, but the Bucs defense is much better than they were in the first meeting.  Our secondary held arguably one the of great QBs in the game to a 18/34 134yds, 1 TD, 3 INT and a 38.1 rating.  They held Michael Thomas, one the best WR right now to 0 catches.  Granted they gave up 105 YFS to Kamara (85 rushing and 20 receiving), but c'mon man, Kamara usually has career type games against us.  Our offense has been playing lights out the past 7 games.  The went against one of the most talented front fours in the NFL and made took them out of the game.  Brady ended up going 22/40 381yds, 2 TD, 0 INT and a 104.3 rating. 

So who comes out on top?  I never bet on or against the Bucs because of 0j0m.  I don't predict who will win or lose where the Bucs are concerned.  What I will say is this...this is a special and exciting game.  Two of the greatest QBs to ever play the game go against each other.  Two great offenses vs two really good defenses.  This game will come down to who makes the most mistakes that get capitalized upon.  The Packers could light it up on the Bucs.  The Bucs could light it up on the Packers.  I know in my head who I believe will win.  That team will be going to Tampa to the Super Bowl.  Which one will it be?

I will end this rambling run on post with a memory.  There was a commercial in the 90's that asked people in downtown Tampa why they read the Tampa Tribune and this lady used to say what has become my game day cry since...maybe you remember that commercial if you were living the bay area back then...

BUCCANEERS BUDDY!  GO BUCS!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Dude, I have been pacing all day!! I got three cheese heads coming over...Hope we bury them again

I have been up since 630am my time.  It is now 3:38am here.  I have been fidgety and hyper all day!  A couple of my friends here are Packers fans and have been texting me all day about how the Packers are going to win.  To bad we have a curfew here or I would be at Phillies or Envy Sports bar watching it with them.  LESS THAN 30 MINS FOR GAME TIME.  

Where's Rook?

1 minute ago, MrBlaque666 said:

I have been up since 630am my time.  It is now 3:38am here.  I have been fidgety and hyper all day!  A couple of my friends here are Packers fans and have been texting me all day about how the Packers are going to win.  To bad we have a curfew here or I would be at Phillies or Envy Sports bar watching it with them.  LESS THAN 30 MINS FOR GAME TIME.  

Where's Rook?

Where the hell are you at...