Oh and about Dong.  Holy shit he has played well.  The whole O line has played really inspired football.  It's scary when the football pundits out there talk about Tampas "Elite" O-Line.  Shit, it's scary when they say things like our secondary is one of the best in the NFL this year.  WTF you smokin' hoss?

12 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

That Dong Smith has been pretty stellar the last month as well. He's having a hell of a playoff run. 

Those shitty Bucs coaches have really called some great games. 

But if the Bucs lose to the best team in football in the Superbowl, then maybe the most informed whiners can come back to tell everyone how much everything fucking sucks.

I'm still a Dong Smith hater, but I have to admit, his play has been solid and I am a stubborn asshole. Without the entire O-Line playing as solid as they have, I think our season is very different. So I am not ready to eat a meal of crow for Dong, I will take a snack of crow for his solid play, especially down the stretch.

Now let's talk about the real O-Lineman that deserves some real appreciation and kudos.........Tristan Wirfs. That fucking guy has played like a seasoned veteran nearly all season long. If meh boy Dong can play up to his potential, Wirfs continues to play like he has his first season, sprinkle in solid to great play from Marpet, Jensen, and Cappa (plus the fill-ins that have played fairly well in spot duty), then this O-Line is pretty fucking solid.

Big thing I've noticed about Dong as the season went along was the penalties have disappeared.  The holdings and false starts.  He still gets beat on occasion but so do they all.

You part on the rest of the O-Line...absolutely agree.  Wirfs is incredible and is the best OLman from last years draft without a doubt.  Jensen has come on strong as well.  Cappa and Marpet have been great.  The Oline has gone from a point of weakness to a point of strength.  There are plays where Brady just sits there for 2-3 seconds looking down field.  Scares the shit out of me but hey, the oline is doing its job.

It's amazing what happens when you have a QB who can read defense pre snap and then quickly go through his progressions. 

There is a reason QBs like Brady, Brees and Manning have been amongst the leagues least sacked QB during their careers. 

But there is no denying just how good the entire oline has been this year. 

Wirfs has been the best rookie OT I've seen in a long time.

Smith has been much better un the playoffs then just "solid". He shut down Chase Young, faced his demons against the Saints who he has always struggled against and was a shut them down in pass pro and opened holes in the running game. He continued to help give Brady a clean pocket against the Pack.

Jensen has morphed into a top 3 center in the league and sets the tone with his aggressive, never back down approach.

Marpet has become one of the best guards in football.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:12 AM, MrBlaque666 said:

You notice that they aren't around much anymore yeah?  Fuck them the fucking fake fans. 

Complained about drafting White..

Thought Brady would get killed behind this oline..

Think the coaches fucking suck..

Thought Winston was the answer..

Openly rooted for this team to fail..

Oh but it was all reverse mojo..until it wasn't...

Like to form cliques against anyone who disagreed and then block you and call you names...all for simply disgree with them on a fucking opinion board...

Yea Fuck em

4 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Complained about drafting White..

Thought Brady would get killed behind this oline..

Think the coaches fucking suck..

Thought Winston was the answer..

Openly rooted for this team to fail..

Oh but it was all reverse mojo..until it wasn't...

Like to form cliques against anyone who disagreed and then block you and call you names...all for simply disgree with them on a fucking opinion board...

Yea Fuck em

Overstating just a bit here? 

3 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Not at all

We can agree to disagree friend.

I said to anyone who would listen getting Brady was only worth it if this was the result.   This is the result so it was worth it.  Good move.    

I think his biggest contribution is getting the rest of the team to buy in and believe.

20 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

We can agree to disagree friend.

I said to anyone who would listen getting Brady was only worth it if this was the result.   This is the result so it was worth it.  Good move.    

I think his biggest contribution is getting the rest of the team to buy in and believe.

None of that was aimed at you. 

Everything I said was 100% fact and said ad nauseam by a couple posters in here. 

Now the Bucs are in the superbowl with Brady, Smith and the entire OL playing great, Devin White is turning into a stud LBer before our eyes. All lead by a coaching staff that some bozo said fucking sucks. 

On 1/28/2021 at 8:43 PM, fanofdabucs said:

Now the Bucs are in the superbowl with Brady, Smith and the entire OL playing great, Devin White is turning into a stud LBer before our eyes. All lead by a coaching staff that some bozo said fucking sucks. 

On multiple occasions. 

This is the best coach staff we have had since Gruden, and maybe even better.  Gruden had a pre-made killer defense when he got here and they were able to add pieces as others left.  His strong suit, the offense, never really did overly great.  All in all, BA is a pretty damn good coach.  Bowles and Leftwich are good as well.

Fortunately for Arians, he was able to coach up Brady enough to restore his mystique as QB Guru. Bowels has done well transitioning to the 3-4 with a couple castoffs and recent draft picks in that front seven. Leftwich is the young guy who should be compared to Gruden. Like Chucky, he's done fairly well with what he's been given to work with. There's been some game day bumps and bloopers. The Same Old Bucs Syndrome seems to have gotten kicked in the fuckin nuts though. Even the idiot kicker hasn't caused a squirt. Never mind those years of bloody diarrhea. A Championship has been won. The only question remaining about this team is is it the best ever. 

One could argue that BA has done more for the Bucs than Gruden. As has been stated, Gruden inherited a hall of fame caliber defense and his offense really never materialized to the level of expectation. BA inherited a team that was basically a QB and coaching away from a Super Bowl. The moves he, Licht, and company have made has built a competitive team in almost every facet of the game. I am excited about the Super Bowl for the first time in a long time.

On 2/1/2021 at 8:19 AM, SamuraiBuc said:

One could argue that BA has done more for the Bucs than Gruden. As has been stated, Gruden inherited a hall of fame caliber defense and his offense really never materialized to the level of expectation. BA inherited a team that was basically a QB and coaching away from a Super Bowl. The moves he, Licht, and company have made has built a competitive team in almost every facet of the game. I am excited about the Super Bowl for the first time in a long time.

Well said and I agree.  I think that BA and this coaching staff > Gruden and his coaching staff (yes, even the Monte Kiffin) when they win the SB.  I am wondering if BA retires if the Bucs win the SB this year.  I know he has said he wont but would be interesting to see if he does and who takes over for BA as HC.