2 hours ago, Boatrunner said:

No more, the Bucs are just NOT a primetime night team, for whatever reason when a national audience is tuned in they just become a reincarnation of the Jets.    

It's funny you said this my wife was asking why I was getting so pissed at the game last night. I told her every time they Bucs play on a prime time game they look like crap. Just look at this year Thursday night lost to Chicago look bad, Monday night against Gaints won but did not look good and last night got blown out. They just look unprepared it seems when they are in the spot light on national TV. 

On 11/9/2020 at 2:26 PM, BFFL said:

It's funny you said this my wife was asking why I was getting so pissed at the game last night. I told her every time they Bucs play on a prime time game they look like crap. Just look at this year Thursday night lost to Chicago look bad, Monday night against Gaints won but did not look good and last night got blown out. They just look unprepared it seems when they are in the spot light on national TV. 

It's the great coaching and the great roster that does it. 

2 hours ago, rook said:

Even in our Super Bowl, we lost a Sunday Prime time night game against the Saints and a Monday Night game against the Steelers. We beat the Rams on MNF and the Bears in Sunday Prime Time games but both teams sucked in 2002. We were undefeated in all of our 1 p.m. games in 2002.

I remember that Bears game vividly. Rob Johnson got the start. It was also one of those times where the media kept harping on the Bucs never having won a game that started with a temperate under 40. IIRC, it was frigid that night and the Bucs pitched a shutout. Nonetheless, when it came time for the NFC CG, no one seemed to remember or care that the Bucs' cold weather streak had been snapped about a month before.

I remember the Bears 15-0 win as that win gave the Bucs a bye  as a 2 seed which gave an injured Brad Johnson an extra week to heal before he played the Niners. Chad Pennington's Jets led an upset win and rout over the Packers at the 4 p.m. game. It dropped the Packers from a 1 seed to a 3 seed. Falcons spanked the Packers at Lambeau making the Packers one and done in the playoffs. It was a cold weather game with the Bears playing one of the worst QBs in Henry Burriss who threw 4 picks.

Before any primetime games, I remember the Bucs game against the Chiefs in 1976 when they had a total of 14 yards rushing.  They didn't score until the 4th quarter when they exploded for 19 points. 

I believe McKay said the team didn't give any effort until the last 10 minutes. Didn't give any effort until the last 10 minutes. Any effort.

What was really weird before we had the Thursday Night Season opener, the Bucs openned the NFL season on a Saturday. Yet even though it was the only game on TV, it was televised locally and not nationally. Last game I remember them being televised like that was in 1981 when Neal Colzie pick 6 when the Bucs were only up by one clinched a victory over the Vikings in 1981. It was so long ago, there was not a two point conversion option for the Vikings to tie the game for OT.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:23 AM, Dunn_Deal28 said:

I remember that Bears game vividly. Rob Johnson got the start. It was also one of those times where the media kept harping on the Bucs never having won a game that started with a temperate under 40. IIRC, it was frigid that night and the Bucs pitched a shutout. Nonetheless, when it came time for the NFC CG, no one seemed to remember or care that the Bucs' cold weather streak had been snapped about a month before.

Yeah, by the time they got to Philly they just changed the stat to say the Bucs hadn’t won a game below 30. 

It also ticks me that they use the time of kickoff as often many these games that reach way below the kickoff temperature including a 13-10 OT win in Tampa on Sunday Night over Favre and Green Bay in 1995 on a Sunday night. That win was significant as it broke the 10 loss season streak that occurred from 1983-94. It was the first year of Glazer ownership. Bucs were 7-7 after that win before getting blown out in the last two games.