Jump to content

Brady is leaving the Patriots.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta admit.. Dude did us a hella job on teh Sax here   I have no idea who posted this video   We didn't..  

Favre, Parcells, Bo, Chip Kelly, just saying...

I agree, last year was one of the best Olines the Bucs have had in a long time, Jaboo was holding the ball way too long then would blindly throw into coverage.  Most of his Ints were not the fault of

7 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I really can't believe how fucking stupid...errr maybe I can believe it..some of these posts are about how the Bucs offense will suck under Brady. What a fucking laughable, moronic take.

Did you watch any Patriots games last year?  The reason Brady is alive, and the reason Brady didn't go anywhere in the playoffs, is because to stay alive he's throwing the ball away at the first hint of pressure.  Behind this offensive line, he'll be throwing the ball away every other drop back.  

The thing that's stupid, is thinking that instead of Arians doing the QB Whisperer thing that we all were so excited about him doing like 10 months ago, we should ditch the 25 year old with all the tools for a 43 year old who's got no where to go but down.  

If this shakes out, and Brady comes here - a year from now he'll be retired, and Winston will be beating the Bucs twice a year in Carolina, or winning a Super Bowl in New England.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Did you watch any Patriots games last year?  The reason Brady is alive, and the reason Brady didn't go anywhere in the playoffs, is because to stay alive he's throwing the ball away at the first hint of pressure.  Behind this offensive line, he'll be throwing the ball away every other drop back.  

The thing that's stupid, is thinking that instead of Arians doing the QB Whisperer thing that we all were so excited about him doing like 10 months ago, we should ditch the 25 year old with all the tools for a 43 year old who's got no where to go but down.  

If this shakes out, and Brady comes here - a year from now he'll be retired, and Winston will be beating the Bucs twice a year in Carolina, or winning a Super Bowl in New England.  

I watched just about all of them. You're assessment of the Bucs oline is not even close to reality.

Did you watch any Bucs games last year?? Did you see how good the pass protection was for a QB who threw it more than any other team?

Since you didn't get a chance up in Chicago to watch many Buc games, I will break it down for you so you can understand more clearly. The sacks and pressure, for the most part, cam from blitzes and/or holding the ball way too long. Sure there was the occasional pressure from a Olineman getting beat, but nothing every single NFL team sees every Sunday.

I get it, you're a Winston lover and don't want to see him leave.

Maybe we will be back and we can continue to watch his development in year 6. Things are bound to change.

Draft a RT and RB and with Brady, this team is an instant contender.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, UncleBuc said:

If they pull this off, they need to get some help at RB.   I think he's a Charger.  LA makes too much sense.

I think the are definitely getting RB help. Maybe via FA and definitely the draft.

LA seems to make the most sense for Brady, but if the morons on this board thing the Bucs oline is bad, holy shit the Chargers line is a total joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fanofdabucs said:

 

but if the morons on this board thing the Bucs oline is bad, holy shit the Chargers line is a total joke.

agree, Bucs OL not perfect, but better than LA.   If there's a hole in bucs pass pro, it's the RB's ability to read the rush and pick up blitz, which was a major issue last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I watched just about all of them. You're assessment of the Bucs oline is not even close to reality.

Did you watch any Bucs games last year?? Did you see how good the pass protection was for a QB who threw it more than any other team?

Since you didn't get a chance up in Chicago to watch many Buc games, I will break it down for you so you can understand more clearly. The sacks and pressure, for the most part, cam from blitzes and/or holding the ball way too long. Sure there was the occasional pressure from a Olineman getting beat, but nothing every single NFL sees every Sunday.

I get it, you're a Winston lover and don't want to see him leave.

Maybe we will be back and we can continue to watch his development in year 6. Things are bound to change.

I agree, last year was one of the best Olines the Bucs have had in a long time, Jaboo was holding the ball way too long then would blindly throw into coverage.  Most of his Ints were not the fault of the O-line

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boatrunner said:

I agree, last year was one of the best Olines the Bucs have had in a long time, Jaboo was holding the ball way to wrong then would blindly throw into coverage.  Most of his Ints were not the fault of the O-line

Wow someone who actually watched the games and understood what they were watching. Love it Boatrunner.

This fantasyland "Bucs oline fucking sucks" talk is a total joke.

Sure the run blocking was not good for most of the year, but we are talking about pass pro. As for the run blocking, I thought Cappa was not ready to start just yet and Dotson was not at all interested in run blocking (he even admitted he hated it).

Draft a RT and Cappa will be much improved after his first year starting in the NFL.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boatrunner said:

Make no mistake, bringing in Brady is more for selling tickets than winning games for both the Chargers and Bucs- That novelty will wear off quickly once the losing starts.

in typical Buc luck.   They would get him in and he would tear his knee the first snap of preseason..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boatrunner said:

Make no mistake, bringing in Brady is more for selling tickets than winning games for both the Chargers and Bucs- That novelty will wear off quickly once the losing starts.

Arians knows he can win NOW with Brady.

The losing ain't happening next year with Brady. He had no target last year other than a slot receiver. And once you take away and deep middle threat like Gronk and have zero threats on the outside, a slot receiver is much easier to defend.

Go watch the tape of the one game that Brady had AB. It wasn't even fair.

I can't imagine how good he would be with two studs on the outside and two highly capable TEs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fanofdabucs said:

Arians knows he can win NOW with Brady.

The losing ain't happening next year with Brady. He had no target last year other than a slot receiver. And once you take away and deep middle threat like Gronk and have zero threats on the outside, a slot receiver is much easier to defend.

Go watch the tape of the one game that Brady had AB. It wasn't even fair.

I can't imagine how good he would be with two studs on the outside and two highly capable TEs.

The Bucs OL pass pro solid B.   The Bucs RB pass pro a solid F.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

I watched just about all of them. You're assessment of the Bucs oline is not even close to reality.

Did you watch any Bucs games last year?? Did you see how good the pass protection was for a QB who threw it more than any other team?

Since you didn't get a chance up in Chicago to watch many Buc games, I will break it down for you so you can understand more clearly. The sacks and pressure, for the most part, cam from blitzes and/or holding the ball way too long. Sure there was the occasional pressure from a Olineman getting beat, but nothing every single NFL team sees every Sunday.

I watched every Bucs game last year, just like I have for the last 25 years.  Jameis was often under pressure, the difference is he can get a pass off with guys in his face, guys hanging all over him... he's got pretty solid escapability and is creative with avoiding pressure, he is also underrated as a runner.  

Brady is a tree...  an ancient sequoia.  The blitzes aren't going to slow down with a guy who can't avoid a rush back there.  Maybe he'll get rid of the ball fast and it'll all work out... but while Brady's the GOAT, the Patriots are a well oiled machine where everyone does everything just about perfectly around him to mask his age and decline.  That won't be the case in Tampa, and he's yet another year older.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

I really can't believe how fucking stupid...errr maybe I can believe it..some of these posts are about how the Bucs offense will suck under Brady. What a fucking laughable, moronic take.

Yeah, I'm with you.  The number of FB mouthbreathers claiming Brady couldn't function behind the Bucs OL is mind numbing.

Again - I'm still pretty certain he is not going to sign with the Bucs.   

38 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I watched every Bucs game last year, just like I have for the last 25 years.  Jameis was often under pressure, the difference is he can get a pass off with guys in his face, guys hanging all over him... he's got pretty solid escapability and is creative with avoiding pressure, he is also underrated as a runner.  

Brady is a tree...  an ancient sequoia.  The blitzes aren't going to slow down with a guy who can't avoid a rush back there.  Maybe he'll get rid of the ball fast and it'll all work out... but while Brady's the GOAT, the Patriots are a well oiled machine where everyone does everything just about perfectly around him to mask his age and decline.  That won't be the case in Tampa, and he's yet another year older.

Winston threw over 20 of his INTs with a clean pocket.  You're delusional if you think most of them occurred with people hanging off of him.

Brady losing a couple tenths of a second on his release is still a full one thousand count faster than Jaboo.

But it doesn't matter, because Tom's not signing with the Bucs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Regulator16 said:

Colin Cowherd just said he got a text from a source...says Tom picking Tampa

ESPN and other NFL reporters seem to be all saying that his announcement has led to teams coming "out of the woodwork" to get involved including teams with what are considered established QBs. I'd guess finances play into whether that interest is etched in reality and likely was with the Patriots. The Patriots are taking a dead cap hit of $13mil for Brady because they included voidable years in his contract from last year. That means, if they were to offer him $25mil for this year, they get stuck with a $38mil cap hit for him. That's with next to no cap room. So that likely accounts for the lowball offer supposedly made to him.

The Saints on the other hand signed Brees for $25mil this year and a cap number of $15.9 mil for 2020. They'll run into the "voidable years" issue either next year or the following years in carrying a dead money cap hit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Justafan said:

 

Winston threw over 20 of his INTs with a clean pocket.  You're delusional if you think most of them occurred with people hanging off of him.


I'm not talking about Winston's INT's, I'm talking about Tom Brady being injured by week 3 from taking hits, or him throwing the ball away nearly instantly - because that's what he does now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

I'm not talking about Winston's INT's, I'm talking about Tom Brady being injured by week 3 from taking hits, or him throwing the ball away nearly instantly - because that's what he does now.

Throwing the ball away is a vast improvement over throwing pick sixes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Throwing the ball away is a vast improvement over throwing pick sixes.

Sure... fine.  The point I'm trying to make is that Brady throws the ball away immediately, because if he starts taking hits he's going to break.  So there are a lot of perfectly fine, not dangerous plays, where a QB who isn't old and fragile can buy some time to make something happen, or scramble for a few yards - and Brady isn't doing that.  

He's also not playing more than a year or two, even if he gets a 3 year deal.  He's also on the decline.

Winston, is 26 freaking years old, and is coming off a massive season in a brand new system for the first time in his pro career, with one huge glaring problem.  The smartest thing to do would be to give him year two and have the QB guru (who spent all last year standing in front of microphone's telling us, that he told Jameis to just keep slinging it) get to work on fixing that problem.  There's plenty of risk, and Jameis might never fix the INT's - but the reward is infinitely higher for the long term if you can get Jameis over that hurdle, than if you can maybe squeeze a little more life out of an extremely old QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Sure... fine.  The point I'm trying to make is that Brady throws the ball away immediately, because if he starts taking hits he's going to break.  So there are a lot of perfectly fine, not dangerous plays, where a QB who isn't old and fragile can buy some time to make something happen, or scramble for a few yards - and Brady isn't doing that.  

He's also not playing more than a year or two, even if he gets a 3 year deal.  He's also on the decline.

Winston, is 26 freaking years old, and is coming off a massive season in a brand new system for the first time in his pro career, with one huge glaring problem.  The smartest thing to do would be to give him year two and have the QB guru (who spent all last year standing in front of microphone's telling us, that he told Jameis to just keep slinging it) get to work on fixing that problem.  There's plenty of risk, and Jameis might never fix the INT's - but the reward is infinitely higher for the long term if you can get Jameis over that hurdle, than if you can maybe squeeze a little more life out of an extremely old QB.

I think there's some truth in Brady getting rid of it and giving up on plays early.   I think some of that last season was he didn't have anyone to throw to.     Ideally get Brady for a season or two and convince JW to take a pay cut and learn from the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...