lightning win!!

TBsportsfan

3-0!! Ellis made some key saves and they were able to pop the net just enough to win. Tough little back-to-back road games and the Bolts took them both. Philly definitely looked like the more physical team, but I guess that's expected when Pronger is out there constantly. Looks like it will be an exciting year. I want to keep an eye on Hedman and see how he improves this year. He still looks a little lost.

• 2 weeks later...
Another great win by the Lightning! Marty had a great game, as well as, Vinny, Malone, and Ellis. Keep it up!

That was really a great game on both sides. My heart was racing every period. Especially at the end of the 3rd when they pulled their goalie.

Some people diss empty net goals, but I think they are very important. You don't get the chance to get those if you are not winning, and burying one is a killer to the other team. Nothing cheap about that.

Great start for the Bolts - the only achilles heel might be the goaltending and the blue line, but if the offense stays as prolific as it's been those units might not have to be much better than "good" for this team to do very well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived