DUNGY NOT EXPECTING INJURED Colts to PLAY! Harrison, Sanders, Addai

Dungy not expecting injured Colts to play

By Mike Chappell

mike.chappell@indystar.com

As expected, the Indianapolis Colts were shorthanded today as they began preparations for Sunday’s game with Tampa Bay in the RCA Dome.

Strong-side linebacker Rob Morris underwent surgery on Tuesday to repair a torn tendon in his left knee and will miss the remainder of the season. Among players held out of this afternoon’s practice were wide receiver Marvin Harrison (bruised left knee), safety Bob Sanders (bruised ribs), running back Joseph Addai (bruised shoulder) and tight end Ben Utecht (concussion).

The status of the players injured in Sunday’s win over Denver won’t be known until later in the week.

Only Morris has been officially ruled out of the Bucs game, but “I’m not expecting any of them to play,’’ Dungy said. “If they practice by Friday or Saturday and can go (we’ll see). What we’ve got to do is get our backup guys ready to play.’’

If the injured players are available, it would be “a bonus for us,’’ he added. “But right now I think you can sit there and wait and hope, and I’ve never been one to do that. I think you try to get your other guys ready.’’

The team is expected to place Morris on the season-ending injured reserve list later today. It likely won’t fill his spot on the 53-player active roster until later in the week when the injury situation clears.

And then come game day, they will all be ready to go! :wtf

Pretty much what the article said Bucarino. One of the dolts fan in our office said he's good but not that big a deal. "He was out all but 4 games and the post season last year we did fine." The SI story was how they'd shut down others in the 1st 4 games he played. When he made it back for the playoffs they started to shut others down again.

Didn't we run into this same garbage the year we won the super bowl? Never how well the team played but how the others didn't show up, had injurys, or in the big game because we knew what they'd be running.

I'm hearing all the smack talk at work about how the Buc's are going to be tested this week facing, a real team so on and so on. Of course when we win it'll be all the injurys hurts etc.

Funny how when we were playing with enough wounded to fill a M.A.S.H. unit it was no reason to lose. Good teams overcome these problems.

I can already see it now after the game.

"Sure the Bucs won, but they only won because so many Colts' starters didn't play. If they had played them at full strength, the Bucs wouldn't have stood a chance."

We should be so lucky.

I'd love it if we went the next 12 games listening to excuses for how the Bucs won because the opponent was weak, how they didn't have their starters, etc, . . . all the way to 12-4!

Pretty much what the article said Bucarino. One of the dolts fan in our office said he's good but not that big a deal. "He was out all but 4 games and the post season last year we did fine." The SI story was how they'd shut down others in the 1st 4 games he played. When he made it back for the playoffs they started to shut others down again.

tell the dolt at work, I said to stick to baseball , it's easier to follow , football is obviously beyond his comprehension :rotflmao

I'd like to hear Dungy's inflection on that quote. In context of the rest of his statement, it sounds like all he might have been trying to say that he's preparing his team as if those players are going to be unavailable, not that he literally doesn't expect them to play.

here ya go, about a minute into the vid :thumbsup

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG5&game_id=29266