Food thread for this week's game.

I hope no one minds me starting another one of these for this week. It appeard to be one people had fun with last week so I thought: Hey Wolf why not give it shot this week too. Plus I don't want to break any mojo it may have started.

I'm thinking something along the lines of cowboy chow. Our Buc's are moving in from the sea to play round up and Colt bustin and well trail food just sounds right.

Of course we could go Indian. They used horse's too.

Might do a brisket this sunday.

So what are your thoughts. Food, Drinks, Snacks ?:popcorn:fans

And like last week I have one idea I wonder how long until it is beat.

why horsemeat steaks no doubt. just kidding :deadhorse

all you horse lovers don't read anymore please.....

when I was little 1971-2 or so, we had a horse meat market in my hometown. My brother in law had tried some and kept telling us he'd make us some. We of course we like "yuck, no way!". But he was always cooking out, and really good stuff too. so one summer day, he's got the grill going, and we sit down for some beautifully grilled steaks, and as I'm enjoying my steak, he starts whinnying, like a horse. He got me, and believe it or not, it was pretty damn good. I don't know how he prepared it, but I sure ate it. sorry, it wasn't against the law, honest. :thumbsup

as for the cowboy grub, beans of course.....what about chile?

One variation of an old gainesville wing recipe.

Batter wings and place in Frig overnite. Fry wings until they are hard when you thump them. (fry em how you like em)

In a large sauce pan with lid, heat Parkay Margarine, Crystal Hot Sauce, Halapena peppers, and a good hot horseraddish until melted and mix.

Vary the amount of margarine and Hot sauce for thickness and heat.

I've added many other hot sauces on top of this but the Crystal is the key to the flavor. Other Butters or margarine don't seem to taste as good either.

Dump the fried wings in the pan, put on the lid and shake to coat the sauce on the wings.

Eat!

This may not sound like anything special but these are best wings I've ever eaten and I ate my first batch in 1983 at a small wing bar near the Grannies in Gainesville.

Well NYC that's one thing we have in common. Horseradish is good stuff. Now for 2, wasabi?

Now if you guys are talking about horseradish in some other way well then :help

Brisket cooking 101:

Selecting the cut of meat. Max out at 10 lbs. Needs to have a white to cream color fat cap and good marbling through out the meat. When held in the middle by one hand the cut should bow or bend down into an upside down u shape.

Cooking: Soak for a min 24 hours in bag with marinade in cooler or refrigerator. Allow to come to room temp before smoking. Cook with fat cap up. As we did with our ham last week low and slow is the way to go. About a 1/2 hour before you take it off mop it with a sauce you like.

Eating: Allow to stand for about 15 20 mins then slice with grain of meat. Thin slices. Place on plate or if you like on bun for a samawich. To reall kick it into high gear don't forget the horseradish.

Cooking's kind of a hobby with me.

Ain't wastin no time. Got's ta eat so might as well make what I like and how I like it. Also something to do while waiting for the game.

The other upside is since the wife didn't have to cook she isn't tired when she thanks me for it later that night and well, lets just say my guess is it's a hell of a lot better than your inflate a mate. :rotflmao Still trying to uncurl my toes from last weeks thank you. :thumbsup

Now I forgot to mention I tried the bloody mary last week with old bay seasoning on the rim. As Andy Griffith would say had he drank Mmmmmmmmm Goooooooood. I also threw in the asparagus spears with my olives and slice of pickle. Pretty much a relish tray in a glass.

I hope no one minds me starting another one of these for this week. It appeard to be one people had fun with last week so I thought: Hey Wolf why not give it shot this week too. Plus I don't want to break any mojo it may have started.

I'm thinking something along the lines of cowboy chow. Our Buc's are moving in from the sea to play round up and Colt bustin and well trail food just sounds right.

Of course we could go Indian. They used horse's too.

Might do a brisket this sunday.

So what are your thoughts. Food, Drinks, Snacks ?:popcorn:fans

And like last week I have one idea I wonder how long until it is beat.

Since I like veal, which is baby cow, and I like lamb, which is baby sheep....I think I'm going to BRAISE ME SOME COLT ON SUNDAY.

Friend of mine owns a horse farm, one of his mares just gave birth, figure I'll sneak over there and grab a leg. I would never kill the entire horse, just take a leg. The colt can pegleg around on three just fine, I've seen it done.

I had a dog called tripod once.

Selecting the cut of meat. Max out at 10 lbs. Needs to have a white to cream color fat cap and good marbling through out the meat. When held in the middle by one hand the cut should bow or bend down into an upside down u shape.
I'm gettin' this vision of a bunch of half-drunk goobers in Rhonde Barber jerseys fondling various chunks of meat at the grocery store looking for just the right "upside-down u shape" while the other customers look on in horror (and decide to order out instead). :D
I'm gettin' this vision of a bunch of half-drunk goobers in Rhonde Barber jerseys fondling various chunks of meat at the grocery store looking for just the right "upside-down u shape" while the other customers look on in horror (and decide to order out instead). :D

Oh shit! Now that is funny. I can hardly type this I'm laughing so hard.:rotflmao

"Excuse me mama. Does this look like an upside down u to you?"

Oh also DO NOT, repet DO NOT cut the fat off, slice it with hash lines or puncture it.

NYC, that's a great idea! I think I'll do a corned beef and maybe cabbage with horseradish! That stuff is awesome!!! :thumbsup

Just have to make sure I don't have too many guests. Cabbage + Beer + Overweight men = Recipe for Fartagedon!

Well you know a powerful influential fella like yourself can work wonders by throwin around a little rep here and there. :groucho

I don't like horse meat, or colt meat either. So I think I will be doing a k-bob thingy or something.

Maybe Shrimp and Scallops with a slice or 2 of filet mignon to peak the taste buds.

Baked tater. Sliced cukes, onions with sour cream. Wedges of tomatoes.

Fresh corn on the cob. Mmmmm goooooooodddyyy!

For dessert........ A BUCS WIN!