Game On!

BucForce

Word!

It all hinges on Smitty...if he's back, we could do some serious damage.

If he's back....playoffs.

You heard it here first.

:)

Smitty had some ridiculous stats in the exhibition games with a .915 SV% and 2 shutouts. I would venture to say he's back and better than ever.

Our defense is healthy and much improved. We brought in some great talent, including a monstrous 6'6" (6'10" with skates) rookie in Victor Hedman, who is already drawing comparisons to Charro. Stamkos in his sophomore season will hopefully pickup where he left off going on a hot streak to end the '08 season. Ranger and Mazzarro will be healthy again and that will also greatly help the defensive woes.

And the best part, Melrose is not in the building!!! That's a huge plus right there!

Go Bolts!

I think Tanguay will enable Vinny4 to have a huge rebound year, and if it's Downie on the wing, if he can keep his temper under control, could be the mucker and grinder they need to dig out the pucks from the corners and get the garbage rebound goals out front. Stammer-Marty-Malone on the 2nd line is pretty damned good, any of them could play on the first line too. The defense is much improved and even signing Niitymaki in case Smith gets hurt again is better than the tandem last year of Ramo-McKenna, which is an AHL battery. And yes, Tocchet over Melrose is an improvement as well.

Smitty had some ridiculous stats in the exhibition games with a .915 SV% and 2 shutouts. I would venture to say he's back and better than ever.

You want to reconsider? :mad He is the worst shootout goaltender in the NHL. It never should have gotten to that point, but damn. Stop flopping to the ice like a dead fish, then get faked out of your jocks while sticking your ass in the net. I could have faked the guy to the ice, and I can't even skate that well.:mad:

Last night was the first game I got to watch a fair amount of, and I was pretty pleased. Stamkos is developing rapidly, and Hedman doesn't look like a rookie...

We'll see, but I think this team might have a shot at the playoffs. At the very least they should be far better than they have been for the last couple of seasons.

I went to the game last night and was impressed by Nittymaki. He kept them in the game when the D let him down and the forwards didn't get back by making some huge saves. He even got an assist off one of them as they went the other way for the game winner. Once Vinny 4 and Tanguay get hot, this team might really take off.

I went to the game last night and was impressed by Nittymaki. He kept them in the game when the D let him down and the forwards didn't get back by making some huge saves. He even got an assist off one of them as they went the other way for the game winner. Once Vinny 4 and Tanguay get hot, this team might really take off.
My thoughts exactly!
All I can say about tonight is :facepalm and :thumbsdown

Last night was the type of nightthat makes me wonder why the Hell I care about sports - USF looks like the fake they are, the Philthies beat the Dodgers (not that I really want to root for Mary Ramierez, plus my old man grew up a Brooklyn Dodgers fan...), and I could tell after about 5 minutes of last nights Bolts' game it was not their night...

Yeah, I second that :thumbsdown

And one final thought:

Not sold on Mike Smith

And one final thought:

Not sold on Mike Smith

I second that final thought. I felt after his preseason numbers, that he was ready to be the #1 we need in net. I'm not saying Nittymaki is that guy either.

But we need a goalie that can steal a game once in a while, and Smith does not give me that confidence. His shootout form and record is abysmal, and even last night on the breakaways, I had no doubt they would score. Nitty stopped a breakaway Monday night which directly led to the winning goal for the Bolts. What an adrenaline rush that was for the whole team and for those of us in attendance! Smith needs to do the same. If he is hurt or not mentally all there yet, don't hide it from the trainers, take more time off or get the help you need now before another season starts circling the drain.

Archived