Melrose, your ass is FIRED

word2that

GruGrim and 'Zilla - I understand where you are coming from. And I don't think that Melrose was nice or anything in that interview, he was somewhat a dick. But I would expect him to bad mouth the Lightning (he was just fired), and there was a grain of truth that if the offense was working they could have easily been in first place.

The only aspect I really felt was BS was his contention that the players were running the show and that they would work when they wanted to. That's BS. It seems that there was no respect for Barry because he wasn't putting in much time to prepare.

I think Melrose could have been a lot more harsh - but you're 100% spot on 'Zilla that Barry does have a golden tongue, so maybe I was taken a bit.

Time to turn the page. We have a (currently) crappy hockey team to root for. :disgust

Time to turn the page. We have a (currently) crappy hockey team to root for. :disgust
Dont' give up just yet, Edski. We still have A LOT of talent on that team and I'm not ready to give up on them quite yet. There are still a lot of games to play and our division is always winnable. We would be a lot better off if Torts was still around and I think he would have benefited Stamkos A LOT. Vinny was an arrogant prima-donna and pretty much a one trick pony when the Bolts drafted him and then he met Torts. They had their scuffles and disagreements but Torts turned Vinny into an all around player once he started to believe in what Torts was selling. I think he could have done a lot for Stamkos and if, a big if, Stamkos turns into a bust it won't be because of his lack of talent. The kid is amazing and I'm glad to see that he'll be on the first line tonight playing with Vinnly L. and Marty.

I'm not going to give up on them because they're still fun to watch. We have the talent to make it work and we have the best goal keeper tandem since I can remember. One thing I don't agree with is how they "reigned in" Smith on coming out and passing up the ice. Yeah it was risky at times but it sure did make for some damn exciting hockey! :thumbsup

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Is this your wish, or is it a wonderful fact?

Holy shit it's a fact!

NNUD get in here and post me a link!

Okay I'll start. The guy was a joke to begin with but this new ownership group is horrible. They're doing their best Dan Snyder impression and getting similar results. I don't expect things to get fixed this season but I expect them to stop getting all these over the hill forwards and start investing in young and/or solid defensemen.

Okay I'll start. The guy was a joke to begin with but this new ownership group is horrible. They're doing their best Dan Snyder impression and getting similar results. I don't expect things to get fixed this season but I expect them to stop getting all these over the hill forwards and start investing in young and/or solid defensemen.

Fuck off Spammer!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived