Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Axe

Detroit series..

13-4 but a rain delay in the top of the 5th. The y have to get the bottom of the 5th completed since the visiting team is winning...

:help needed from the weather gods.

It's in Boston,, how quick do you think they'll call it a game;)

If the Rays can't beat the Tigers once ,, they don't deserve the div or a place in the playoffs

How we play against Detroit means nothing. What means something is how we play in the playoffs. I have seen teams finish hot and cough a hairball in the playoffs and other teams finish cold and turn it on in the playoffs.

Where I am concerned is about our starting pitching particularly Kazmir.

It is the truth. You should know that from football when the hot streaks Dungy had at the end of the seasons in 2000 and 2001 always led to one end done in the playoffs.

Do you want to me list teams that closed the season on a hot streak and got smoked in the first round of the MLB playoffs?

I have played baseball, basketball and football. Our basketball waas undefeated for three years straight. Our football team was a 500 team and our baseball team was pretty good but not a championship team.

How about proving me wrong with some facts? That takes some mental energy beyond guzzling a beer at a keyboard.

Ever heard of Ted Williams? One of the greatest players in Major league baseball but also one of the worst batting coaches and mangers in the game of baseball. If playing the game on a major league at a high level meant anything Isiah Thomas would be a genius as an NBA coach and Ted Williams would be the greatest baseball manager in history.

When you can engage in a factual discussion, let me know.

I have played baseball, basketball and football. Our basketball waas undefeated for three years straight. Our football team was a 500 team and our baseball team was pretty good but not a championship team.

How about proving me wrong with some facts? That takes some mental energy beyond guzzling a beer at a keyboard.

Ever heard of Ted Williams? One of the greatest players in Major league baseball but also one of the worst batting coaches and mangers in the game of baseball. If playing the game on a major league at a high level meant anything Isiah Thomas would be a genius as an NBA coach and Ted Williams would be the greatest baseball manager in history.

When you can engage in a factual discussion, let me know.

:rotflmao:rotflmao

What a joke.. You watched others and now claim their minor Jr high achievements as your own..

Guzzle Beer??:wtf:wtf Please.. Is that the best you can do??:rotflmao:rotflmao

Welcome to ignore Rook..:rotflmao

I should have done this years ago

I will welcome your ignore. Take a look at last year's Yankees that closed the season 15-5 and were one and done in the playoffs.

or conversely look at the rockies who swept there way in and made it to the world series.

I think trends are more important in Baseball than any other sport, so i would feel better if we won the next two games, but then again it won't matter at all if we make it the series.

ITake a look at last year's Yankees that closed the season 15-5 and were one and done in the playoffs.
And the best part -- the 2008 Cuntfucks can go 15-5 to close this season.......and STILL watch the Rays play in the playoffs in the comfort of the Cuntfucks' player's own living rooms.

Up your aas, Steinbrenners.

You don't limp in the playoffs with 96 wins which is the same number of wins the defending champions Red Soxs won the division with last year.

I'm glad they won #97 for a couple reasons. Not good to go into the Division Series on a 4 game losing streak. Also, the Rays "clinched" at 96 wins, when the Red Sox could also have ended up at 96. I know the rules are rules, but it just feels better to have won that 97th. The Red Sox ending at 95 helps, too.

Momentum is only as good as tomorrows starter.

+1 Or in this case, Thursday's starter. :thumbsup