Not getting it with this guy.

Last year he was supposed to be the QB whisperer. We all saw how that ended.

This year was supposed to be different. But....its not. Same undisciplined team. Poor clock management. Disjointed play calling. Shine's definitely off Arians for me. Not sure if the guy lost his feel for the game, or if he's just too reliant on his coordinators, but this isn't a well-coached team. If you didn't see the sidelines on game day, you wouldn't know if it was Arians or Koetter coaching this team.

23 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Overreaction Friday!!! All will be good......

You're probably right, but I'm seeing the same things in Tampa that got Arians bounced out here in Phoenix - the cult of personality quickly wears thin if the wins aren't there.  Bluster never did much for me and it doesn't do much - not for long anyway - in the NFL either.  Just ask any coach named Ryan.  The Packers game is suddenly feeling like make or break.

3 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

You're probably right, but I'm seeing the same things in Tampa that got Arians bounced out here in Phoenix - the cult of personality quickly wears thin if the wins aren't there.  Bluster never did much for me and it doesn't do much - not for long anyway - in the NFL either.  Just ask any coach named Ryan.  The Packers game is suddenly feeling like make or break.

Yup.

1 hour ago, NNUD28 said:

Overreaction Friday!!! All will be good......

Just wait until after the Packers game and the team we all thought would be 4-1 after last night is sitting at .500.

The schedule's about to toughen up, even though the last 4 weeks look pretty easy.  After last night's loss, it's looking like 10-6 is the ceiling.  

Losses to the Saints, Bears, Packers, Saints, Rams, and Chiefs.  The wins are great so far, but the Bucs haven't demonstrated that they can beat a good team.  If they somehow get healthy and win against Green Bay, maybe it's a different story.

1 hour ago, JOEinPHX said:

Then consider the Buccaneers broken. I see now way they win the game against the Packers.

36 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Just wait until after the Packers game and the team we all thought would be 4-1 after last night is sitting at .500.

The schedule's about to toughen up, even though the last 4 weeks look pretty easy.  After last night's loss, it's looking like 10-6 is the ceiling.  

Losses to the Saints, Bears, Packers, Saints, Rams, and Chiefs.  The wins are great so far, but the Bucs haven't demonstrated that they can beat a good team.  If they somehow get healthy and win against Green Bay, maybe it's a different story.

I expected the team to have a tough game against the Bears but come out with a win. I did not expect the injuries and the loss. I think this team will have an issue getting to 9-7 at this point. The loss of Vita Vea is going to cause issues for the defense.

51 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

They will beat the Packers...The NNUDSTER will be in town I am good luck!!!

On 10/9/2020 at 9:13 PM, Dunn_Deal28 said:

felt like we had Les Steckel

Actually, Les Steckel did a pretty damn good job for us the one year he was Offensive Coordinator.  He was let go coz his military style didn't jive with Dungy's speak softly approach.  The Les Steckel Offense set four offensive records, including new standards for points scored (388), scoring margin (+119), touchdowns (43) and average yards per rush (4.2).  The following season we had Clyde Christensen and stats dropped.  We went from ranking 6th in offense to 16th.  Based on that, not really sure what you are on about regarding Les Steckel.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:36 PM, Dunn_Deal28 said:

If you didn't see the sidelines on game day, you wouldn't know if it was Arians or Koetter coaching this team.

Really?  You going to stick with that?  We wouldn't have been in the game if Koetter was coaching. 

They played a bad game with a banged up team.  The defense was too loose at the end of the game and allowed the Bears back into the game and to let them take the lead...oh yeah, bullshit ref calls didn't help either. 

1 hour ago, MrBlaque666 said:

Actually, Les Steckel did a pretty damn good job for us the one year he was Offensive Coordinator.  He was let go coz his military style didn't jive with Dungy's speak softly approach.  The Les Steckel Offense set four offensive records, including new standards for points scored (388), scoring margin (+119), touchdowns (43) and average yards per rush (4.2).  The following season we had Clyde Christensen and stats dropped.  We went from ranking 6th in offense to 16th.  Based on that, not really sure what you are on about regarding Les Steckel.

Really?  You going to stick with that?  We wouldn't have been in the game if Koetter was coaching. 

They played a bad game with a banged up team.  The defense was too loose at the end of the game and allowed the Bears back into the game and to let them take the lead...oh yeah, bullshit ref calls didn't help either. 

I think a fair amount of the reason for staying in that game on Thursday was that the Bucs didn't turn the ball over and I attribute that more to Brady than anything Arians did. The thing with Arians is this. There's a bluster. There's a lot of talk. With that, you get expectations. And when you also add in Tom Brady, the expectations go through the roof. It's only October, admittedly. Maybe the best is yet to come. But, as of now? Arians has been lackluster. 

Fair enough then.  Just saying that your slight of Les Steckel was wrong.  He just didn't mesh well with Dungy coz he wasn't Mr. Christian and soft spoken.  Biggest issue I have with Arians is that he is has basically given play calling to his coordinators.  He should have noticed that we were getting burned (in the tune of 104 yards) in soft coverage and we went away from the run late in the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter.  We ended up being very one dimensional.  That said, we were in this game to the end.  However, bone head penalties such as Smith false starts/holding, Jensen with the PF (which Chicago did a few plays later) and the rest of the jackassery that occurred just needs to stop.  We are the most penalized team in the league. 

Expectations are not Arians fault.  Holding him accountable based on subjective expectations does not mesh well with reality.  We have a young team and we are improving.  I would rather have Arians there than most others coaches out there, except for maybe Chucky.  Arians has improved this team and there are no two way about it.  Brady and him being the GOAT doesn't mean anything coz this is a team sport.  That said, the individuals of the team tend to lose sight of what they need to do to win games.

This game was absolutely winnable.  In fact we should have won this game walking away.  However, we were fighting bone headed plays on the line as well as the refs.  Gamepass has a great feature that lets you watch each play in different views.  Ref fucked us royally.  The PF for late hit on Shaq was nothing of the sort.  Off sides should have been a false start.  There were 3 or 4 false starts that did not get called.  There were so many holds by Chicago that didn't get called that I was wanting to punch my monitor.  There was also face mask rubbing ala Jenson by Chicago and no flag got thrown.  There were at least 2 late hits on Brady (worse than the one that Shaq got called for) that didn't get called.  On and on I could go.  As I said at the beginning of the season, we would lose a couple games coz of poor officiating. 

Finally, one thing to remember- Coaches coach, players play.  Arians does something that coaches for the Bucs rarely did and that is call out poor play.  Same at the QB position.  I haven't seen a Bucs QB yell at other players since Garcia, who did very little of it.  Have to go back to Johnson who always yelled at his line and receivers for boneheaded plays.  All in all, we've lost two games.  I can't see blaming a head coach who has come in and improved the team from what it was before.  I want an old school coach.  I want the bluster.  I want the blood vein popping out of the forehead.  I want the cliches.  I want the team to not be complacent with shitty play.  So let's see how they bounce back and come back to me at the end of the season if you still feel that way about Arians.  Cheers and welcome back to the board.