Game Thread-Bucs @ The Bears 10/9/20

[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
11 minutes ago, Tundra said:

This is one we let get away.    We lost to Nick Fu king Foles.  

Fuck me. 

Have the Bucs ever beaten Nick Foles?

Also, it’s no excuse for a sloppy game, but this one went to shit the minute the refs called encroachment instead of a false start, it went from 3rd and 17 to 3rd and 7 and the Bears scored a TD... that call flipped all the momentum.  

The roughing the passer call on Barret was likewise utter bullshit that extended a drive and led to Bears points. 

I’ll be shocked if Vea plays again this year. 

7 minutes ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Have the Bucs ever beaten Nick Foles?

Also, it’s no excuse for a sloppy game, but this one went to shit the minute the refs called encroachment instead of a false start, it went from 3rd and 17 to 3rd and 7 and the Bears scored a TD... that call flipped all the momentum.  

The roughing the passer call on Barret was likewise utter bullshit that extended a drive and led to Bears points. 

I’ll be shocked if Vea plays again this year. 

We had beaten Foles 2 in a row, and this one we let him find a groove.  Too soft for too long.  Meanwhile Dong Smith brought his matador cape out in the second half.  Brady couldn’t have been confident at all after getting the shit beaten out of him.  

Refs really did cost us that game as much as anything. Bucs beat Bucs. Fuck.

2 minutes ago, Regulator16 said:

Well, Brady and Tampa will be the punching bag of the day tomorrow. I'm avoiding all sports media outlets tomorrow. 

But hopefully this knocks us down a few pegs back the the underdog status (which I'm sure was inevitable vs GB)...but I prefer that...less disappointing when we lose. 

Yeah great. At least we get a few extra days before GB drives that peg in like a wooden stake. 

Injuries are definitely taking a toll and some of those penalties were complete bull but they absolutely have to get them cleaned up. Donovan had what two false starts and a sack given up? Unacceptable. I love Jensen bit he has to play with more controlled anger. Wirfs finally looked like a rookie as well. 

Defensively they should have played better. They allowed too many wide open targets especially underneath. Why they were playing off on the last Bears drive allowing them an uncontested conversion I have no idea. Also, if in fact Vea is out for the year expect the run defense to take a massive hit.