3 minutes ago, Cantankeris said:

Yeah agree GSS. He just gets it done. Real solid technique and I don't recall him getting surprised all that often. Very disciplined, keeps his arm extension, and I haven't even seen him give up leverage very often. 

Always balanced, never reaching. This is pass pro. I don't notice as much in the run game although they did seem to run in his direction fairly often today. Cappa's been playing well as well.

Wirfs was an excellent draft choice. I thought he would be gone by the time the Bucs came up on the board, and was ecstatic when he wasn't. 

I've been saying it for several years now - Donovan Smith absolutely sucks. If he isn't holding, he is false-starting. If he isn't doing that, he's getting beat by defenders. The guy is terrible on the outside. If they can keep Jensen from fighting every other play (LOL I do like that about him) and drawing penalties, Smith is far and wide the worst O-Lineman right now........as many have stated.......time and time again.

19 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

Wirfs was an excellent draft choice. I thought he would be gone by the time the Bucs came up on the board, and was ecstatic when he wasn't. 

I've been saying it for several years now - Donovan Smith absolutely sucks. If he isn't holding, he is false-starting. If he isn't doing that, he's getting beat by defenders. The guy is terrible on the outside. If they can keep Jensen from fighting every other play (LOL I do like that about him) and drawing penalties, Smith is far and wide the worst O-Lineman right now........as many have stated.......time and time again.c

Completely agree. I know JBF breaks their neck blowing Dung and Licht seems affixed to him for christ knows what reason, but he's always been garbage. That's only breaking news to a few morons on the planet. 

I get that replacing a LT is tough, but he's not only a bad player, he's also mentally soft and requires more pampering than my teenage daughter. 

One of the football talking heads lauded the play of the bucs offensive line, starting with Wirfs who he said was playing like an all-pro as a rookie,  Then he went on to name Cap, Jemsen and "Marp." 

Who didn't he mention? Dong Smith!  Somewhere there is a menstruating 13 year old boy, who doesn't even know who the Bucs coaches are,  getting all indignant because JaMiss is still making Dong look bad. 

Well regardless -- Dong Smith is 5th out of the 5 starters in terms of performance and in terms of dollar value is the lousiest deal out of the 5. 

Wirfs played some LT in college, and the way he just cam e in without spring OTAs, minicamps, no preseason games, I'm sure he could make the transition to LT no problem. So when they release Dong after this season, drafting another OT from college and signing a veteran FA seems like the most probable scenario. Dong is too expensive for the "meh" he puts out there and I'm expecting another lapse against Khalil Mack. Hopefully the big oaf doesn't get TB killed. 

I will vomit if I have to see Blowme Goobert behind center. 

10 hours ago, Tundra said:

Well regardless -- Dong Smith is 5th out of the 5 starters in terms of performance and in terms of dollar value is the lousiest deal out of the 5. 

Wirfs played some LT in college, and the way he just cam e in without spring OTAs, minicamps, no preseason games, I'm sure he could make the transition to LT no problem. So when they release Dong after this season, drafting another OT from college and signing a veteran FA seems like the most probable scenario. Dong is too expensive for the "meh" he puts out there and I'm expecting another lapse against Khalil Mack. Hopefully the big oaf doesn't get TB killed. 

I will vomit if I have to see Blowme Goobert behind center. 

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Wirfs is legit. Everything that Smith was supposed to be. I remember during the lead up to the draft, ESPN kept showing the clip where Wirfs did a standing jump out of a swimming pool. Didn't think much of it. Then you see the guy in a uniform and he looks as lean and fit as Gronkowski. He's the total opposite of dough boy Smith, whose go to move is to yank down on his undershirt and he's been beaten like a rented mule by an opposing d-lineman.