2020 Just Got RIGHT !!

8 minutes ago, rook said:

I was thinking Steven Stamkos brief appearance where he scored a goal reminded me of Kirk Gibson's homer in the World Series or Willis Reid in the NBA finals in Game 7.

Willis Reed....man that’s a great memory. He would have been better off cutting off his leg and jamming a log into the storch. But I believe he scored the Knicks first four points?  And shut down Wilt Chamberlain. How did he do it?

Gibson compares to Stamkos because he had only the one at bat in that Series.

A lot of people recall Willis hitting the two jumpers at the start and must think he came out of the game but he actually played 27 minutes splitting time with Nate Bowman. Walt Frazier, who was my favorite player had a game for the ages. 36 points and 19 assists. Knicks got out to a big lead and never looked back.

OK, so I'm not really a hockey fan.  And truth be told, I have a minor connection to the Bluejackets, so I was pulling for them last year - that may piss of those of you who haven't obliterated your memories with drink, drugs and llama sex.  But I gotta say, I'm happy for you guys.  I do love the city of Tampa.  Y'all deserve good things.

6 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Gibson compares to Stamkos because he had only the one at bat in that Series.

A lot of people recall Willis hitting the two jumpers at the start and must think he came out of the game but he actually played 27 minutes splitting time with Nate Bowman. Walt Frazier, who was my favorite player had a game for the ages. 36 points and 19 assists. Knicks got out to a big lead and never looked back.

When i was young I lived in Yonkers New York.....Walt Frazier used to come up to Fay park where I played basket ball.....and he would play a full court game with us....supposedly its where he played when he was a kid....I remember him to be a cool dude.... 

6 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

When i was young I lived in Yonkers New York.....Walt Frazier used to come up to Fay park where I played basket ball.....and he would play a full court game with us....supposedly its where he played when he was a kid....I remember him to be a cool dude.... 

Clyde was born in and played through HS in Georgia.

He's a very good but very different color analyst for the Knicks who, unfortunately for him, have really been less than competitive most of that time.

7 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

you played ball with Clyde? Fuck !  I’ll suck your dick! 

3 hours ago, Boatrunner said:

I say go for the Hat Trick of Professional Sports- No city in the modern era has won an NHL, MLB and NFL Championship in the same year,  also no NFL team has ever played or won a Super Bowl in their home stadium.

If this occurs I expect the world will end shortly thereafter. 

Squeeze in the Heat as a TB team!