Sign in to follow this  
Tundra

Brady Sucked

My worst fear was confirmed. This dude at his best is Brad Johnson and he is in an offense that either needs to change radically, through game planning and scripting, and oh btw, Dong Smith can take his Covid opt out now. He didn’t even want to be out there,  Fuck him. 

it’s the Bucs capns. What else should we expect.

A good showing by Bowles defense wasted, with some stupid bonehead penalties and the worst kickoff return play ever just to make sure we know it’s still the bucs. 

2 minutes ago, Cantankeris said:

I love how all the local media thinks Smith is a a good piece of this line. Dude's the sucking chest wound that nobody sees, apparently.

If the 13 year old menstruating boy were around he would have some way to blame Brady for that too. Dong Smith was fucking awful.  I would simply start Joe Haeg next week, bench the fat fuck and tell him to take his opt out so as not to be a distraction. Pitiful.

But Brady did suck in addition to Dong. 

This was 100% destined to happen.  We took a 43 year old QB and plugged him into a new offensive system for the first time in his career.  Then you gave everyone the weirdest most disjointed offseason imaginable, scrapped the entire preseason, and sent the team off on the road to play one of the most consistently best teams in the NFC.

The Brady thing might work out, but we're all getting way ahead of ourselves.

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that we're the team of MRSA, timely penalties, terrible kickers, hurricanes stealing bye weeks, uber allegations, 2 month road trips... this isn't a team that just comes out of the gate week one and suddenly is beating great teams.

1 hour ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Everyone also seems to be forgetting that we're the team of MRSA, timely penalties, terrible kickers, hurricanes stealing bye weeks, uber allegations, 2 month road trips... this isn't a team that just comes out of the gate week one and suddenly is beating great teams.

Yes, this.   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think they'll get it turned around quick. Brady and Arians are too smart to not get this fixed. The entire offense needs to be better. Blocking,  WRs winning one on one matchups, and yes Brady needs to be better with his reads and ball placement. They will gel quickly and start putting up a lot of points soon imo as long as the blocking holds up. Smith is not very good. He's average at best. I hope Wirfs is the LT next year.

11 hours ago, Redrum said:

I think they'll get it turned around quick. Brady and Arians are too smart to not get this fixed. The entire offense needs to be better. Blocking,  WRs winning one on one matchups, and yes Brady needs to be better with his reads and ball placement. They will gel quickly and start putting up a lot of points soon imo as long as the blocking holds up. Smith is not very good. He's average at best. I hope Wirfs is the LT next year.

We have no clue if Brady is that smart of Bellicheat was the real deal. One of those two won their season opener though.

As for Arians... he retired and came back to this red tide franchise. He failed with Winston and so far has failed with Brady.

Brady just needs a little more play time with the receivers so he can audible changes at the line. I believe he did do that twice and we really moved the ball down the field. Let's remember Mike had that ham string pull and IF I remember he had that last year too. He might be doe as a top notch receiver and just good.

Favre on Sirius XM radio had an interesting analysis on the interception made on the pass to Evans. He said Evans could have easily read with the safety over top that he needed to sit down on the route while Brady saw the route as continuing with even the safety over the top. It was hard for him to determine which player was at fault even though it was clear they were not on the same page.

17 minutes ago, rook said:

Favre on Sirius XM radio had an interesting analysis on the interception made on the pass to Evans. He said Evans could have easily read with the safety over top that he needed to sit down on the route while Brady saw the route as continuing with even the safety over the top. It was hard for him to determine which player was at fault even though it was clear they were not on the same page.

My question is, why even have a scheme where the read is that ambiguous?  Too many opportunities for exactly what happened. 

Every new QB in Arians scheme throws a ton of picks and gets better year 2.  Maybe the scheme sucks. Maybe, choose plays from the playbook that rely more on Brady going through his progressions Rather than having a primary receiver who is going to go one of a couple ways. 

Can’t  change the scheme now but plenty of other plays in the playbook to install. 

Also - Leftwurst called a shitty game. 

It does seem that a route read when the WR and QBs had no preseason games to get used to each other reads is a tough system to master right out of the box. Favre was familiar with Arians system and the route reads. He understood how each player's assumption was rational. Normally on a slant, Evans is suppose to finish off the route by going to the middle but read systems make an exception when the safety is giving help over the top. It is more visible to Evans than the QB as he would be heading right where the safety could lay him out.

I know 11 years ago ago DeLand High got in a State High School final against a Miramar team with a passing game loaded  with option routes. We had no defense against it. DeLand had played mostly running teams and were totally unprepared for a passing team with those routes. The QB did not have a particularly strong arm but he threw everything on time and in anticipation where the WR was going to go. This Miiramar school also had a ton of "volunteer" unpaid coaches. The kid was 18/21 with 5 TD passes. I watched the game on TV. I am glad I did not go as everyone who went was depressed by the beating DeLand suffered in that game.

The QB name was Ryan Williams. He was signed by Memphis and did not set the world on fire. He transferred to University of Miami and was a backup for his first two years. He was an awesome high school QB but a dud in college. All his starts were in Memphis but he was losing his job and the offense they ran which is why he transferred back to UM. The last season he was finally named a starter for his senior year and blew out his knee. I don't know why I remember trivial crap like this but I do.

5 hours ago, Boatrunner said:

Everybody needs to calm down.  After 20 years with the same offense this is Brady's first game on a new team- for all intents and purposes it was a pre-season game.   Im willing to give the 6 time SB winning QB a little slack before I call him a bust 

I actually Think most folks think that way too. Still he was pretty Bad in this game, I think mostly it was the Saints defense...and even though we made some critical bad plays...we didn't get blown out by a team that is tops in the league...i think we turn around this week