Sign in to follow this  
rook

Greg Joseph is one of our 4 protected practice squad members

They must have a serious llama-woodie for this Joseph guy...and yes, I can see Rosen being one of the other protected members, too.

None of the others seem to be obvious choices.

4 hours ago, rook said:

I do not know who the other 3 will be  but I assume Rosen will be one of the three other guys. This list can change from week to week

Protected means you can not be added to another team and taken by being put on the active roster.

Not completely accurate.  The protection only runs from Tuesday through the game the player is protected. The player is actually exposed from the end of the previous week's game until Tues.

Greg Joseph was a strange choice as  a second kicker. I remember him at FAU as a good kicker but frankly he was an inconsistent kicker on extra points and short FGs.. Some of it was blamed on the poor special teams that FAU had in blocking for FG kicks. I almost wish we kept Gay only as a long FG kicker. I don't know if we could have kept active two FG kickers with a guy for 55 to 60 yards plus but this could have been the year to try that. Joseph's range is like Succop but with the same issues at least in college with consistency like Gay on short FGs and extra points. I am not at practices but I have feeling that the issues Gay had on last year on short kicks were showing up again in practices. There was a hint from one of the articles that Gay had issues with kicking toward the south end zone.