Sign in to follow this  
rook

The Bucs 53--- for now

2 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

The receiver corps looks awfully thin after Evans and Godwin.  Maybe the TE strength makes up for it, but I'd like to see more at the #3 WR.

Bro. That may be true, but the top two are the best receiver tandem in the league...not even close. Wasn't close last season, is no different this season.

Then, let's say one goes down and you have to go to a 2WR, 2TE set every down? That means you still have Godwin/Evans + some dude + Gronk and your choice of Howard/Brate depending on the play? Name a coach who'd choose his current starting lineup over that selection.

This is a fantasy roster.

Imagine if you are Tom Brady and comparing his WR corp from last year that had Edelmann and no Gronk. Sanu who the Pats gave up  a second rounder for was cut. Lamar Miller was out and now cut. There is nobody over there. They will need Cam to run around back there for 5 and 10 seconds just to get someone open. Patriots offense will rely on Cam which will be good as long as someone does not kill him when he is running the ball or running for his life.

The only time Brady had a WR corp like this is when he had WR corp led by a healthy Randy Moss in 2007. Now he has the guy who tied Moss' record for consecutive 1,000 yards seasons from his rookie year and has a good chance of breaking it and having the record all by himself.

Alright, I guess that's some Jodon's fantasy roster, but....

SEVEN frickin receivers, really? I mean the 5th WR on most rosters is the most useless dude on the team, but SEVEN??? Which one of these guys is a  Gunner the caliber of Russell Shepard or a returner who can be mentioned in the same paragraph as Michael "Santa Maria" Spurlock (Linkage) or Karl "The Truth" (Linkage)? Just give me a guy who shows up with a helmet and jock strap every week like Eric Page or Bernard Reedy. We don't need the next incarnation of Donteea Dye or Dexter "Squeal" Jackson (NOT this guy, dipshit Gruden's guy).

Anyway, there's some good and evil there. Jack Cichy making it is awesome. Ryan Smith, however, not a lot of good things to say. The safeties are beast even though Evans is still a no show. I hear Nick Folk is available. Let's bring him in and get rid of Succit. We legit have a kicker on the practice squad. I get that we have 16 spots now, but that's an Aguayo.

WR room is already down to 6 as Hurst was IR'd which is what they said they would do. Mickens is on the team as the returner. Tyler Johnson was drafted to play but probably doesn't need to right now. If someone gets hurt, he might be a guy they look to.

As much mention of STs is written, that is Ryan Smith's purpose and he's very good at it.