Sign in to follow this  
tfree32

Torn ACL for Gerald McCoy?

16 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

He ripped his biceps in those first two seasons but was pretty durable after that. 

sure aside from his knee injury his hand and shoulder injury and an ankle injury....he's been nearly injury free ...well until now...

1 hour ago, jobuc597 said:

sure aside from his knee injury his hand and shoulder injury and an ankle injury....he's been nearly injury free ...well until now...

He's played in at least 13 games every year of his career except 2011 and at least 14 games 7 of his 10 seasons.  Guys get dinged up, guys get injured.  It's not like he's never on the field.  

1 hour ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

He's played in at least 13 games every year of his career except 2011 and at least 14 games 7 of his 10 seasons.  Guys get dinged up, guys get injured.  It's not like he's never on the field.  

More then anything .....i was messing with you......McCoy's always been one of those players that are hated or loved.....I always thought he was pretty good....But I always wanted him to ...just....shut up and play......

3 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

More then anything .....i was messing with you......McCoy's always been one of those players that are hated or loved.....I always thought he was pretty good....But I always wanted him to ...just....shut up and play......

Gotcha.  I wouldn’t say I was ever a McCoy Super fan, but I always felt like he got a bad rap in Tampa for the simple fact that he’s not Warren Sapp.  He was a good player, maybe not a great one, who regularly played on shit teams, for shit coaches, with a shit supporting cast - and without a lot of solid veteran examples to learn how to lead from.  Despite all of that, he still went to a ton of pro bowls and was widely considered to be a top DT in the league for a long time - whether fans in Tampa ever bought it or not.  So, I guess part of me is sympathetic when it comes to McCoy...

McCoy made one 4th qurter game changing play -- Against the Falcons in 15 or maybe 16, had hold of Matty Lice's leg on 4th down under 2 minutes and helped cause the incompletion. 

Name me another play where he changed the game. 

Suh had two fumble returns for touchdowns in the 4th quarter last year alone. 

GMC is nice and a good player but never great, never lived up to his own draft stock. And yeah he had the shadow of Sapp over him but too bad. Do something about it. HE couldn't and didn't. 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, jobuc597 said:

agreed, McCoy was slightly better than average but never would show up when the team needed him the most- I can't recall a game saving play, he did his best work when the Bucs were already dominating a shitty opponent up by 2+ scores. He never motivated his teammates by his play or led by example