Sign in to follow this  
BucForce

Dotson finds a home

I will say that the backups behind him were worse. He was a starter since we did not have any one better,. The lining up incorrectly and getting penalized it for cancelling a TD was too much for me to take. He did it for years. At least since 2013. Likely more if I looked at the older games more.

Call me a softie, but I always wish well to any player moving on or out of the league.*  It's a hard transition.  Take a guy like Vincent Jackson.  He has all kinds of business interests in his post football life - he's a very busy guy - but his wife once remarked that he was lost after he retired from the NFL.  It's not just a game to these guys.  For most, it's life.

*(with some exceptions, most notably Michael Vick and Richie Incognito)

Dotson was an undrafted free agent in 2009. He has been in the NFL ever since. A lot of first round picks at OL including Kenyatta Walker and Charles McRae have not had a career as long as Dotson. The first rounders were terrible, more expensive as part of the cap and ultimately busts given where they were drafted. Other RT losers include Jason Odom, Jerry "Munch" Wunsch Jeremy Trueblood. The last two were second round draft choices.

Even with my complaints, Dotson has had a remarkable career at RT.

1 hour ago, rook said:

Dotson was an undrafted free agent in 2009. He has been in the NFL ever since. A lot of first round picks at OL including Kenyatta Walker and Charles McRae have not had a career as long as Dotson. The first rounders were terrible, more expensive as part of the cap and ultimately busts given where they were drafted. Other RT losers include Jason Odom, Jerry "Munch" Wunsch Jeremy Trueblood. The last two were second round draft choices.

Even with my complaints, Dotson has had a remarkable career at RT.

rook for the most part I agree to most of what put to print....my issue with the Lummox is he's for a few years now been a penalty magnet.....he ...in my opinion hurt this team......if my memory is correct he cost ROJOII 70 yards with two penalties last year...

10 hours ago, Tundra said:

I slept with a Lummox once. She rolled over on me while sleeping.   Six weeks of traction later,  I could piss standing up again. 

Wow...I too sleep with a Lummox , she didn't roll over on me ......but i piss in her car when i see her...standing up of course...