On 8/1/2020 at 5:18 AM, fanofdabucs said:

"Political facts"????

Laughing my mother fucking ass off.

What an oxymoron 

It's not about denying or shuffling. It's about an escape from the "news" outlets and the endless bickering.

If you want to debate your political views or feel the need to place blame on someone for the world's problems, then there are plenty of places on the interweb to vent and show everyone how you feel..if that's your thing. 

But this place, what is left of it anyway, should still be a place to talk sports, tits, food, laugh about all the characters that have made this place fun over the past decades. 

Football is starting up again (i know i know doom and gloom about how it will be shut down), the Rays are playing real games (I know cases have and will pop up), MLS is playing, the Lightning will start playing games soon...I'd rather talk about it now while we can.

There are SO many places for political bullshit talk, SO many places to talk about The virus, SO many places voice your opinions on all these wonderful topics...I was just hoping we could leave this place as a place to get away from all that shit. 

A retort like 'laughing my ass off' is usually an indication of a weak argument and a weak mind.  I don't think you have a weak mind, but your argument is meaningless.  And I understand why you want a 'football only' sanctuary.  It's a good thing to have, when times are good, but that's a luxury we can't afford right now.  Sports were never anything more than a place we can go to be comfortably numb.  Is that really all you want?

Feel free to ignore my posts.  You can tell what's on my mind in the first few words, so just pass me by if you need to.  This isn't required reading.  And I'll continue to feel free to post as I see fit.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is not a highly contagious cold.  Have you seen the blood clots and the multi failure symptoms when people die. It is not cold or flu symptoms as you describe it.  Some of the younger survivors aft

My point is that it's only political in that one half of of this argument is being driven by politics.  It's lame, it'll piss conservatives off to suggest it, but if I'm listening to a scientist, and

Please take your political bullshit elsewhere K? Thanks

Posted Images

On 8/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, Axe said:

You guys take care of yourselves aight.

You too Axe...I'm done with this place as well. 

Tundra can finally have what he wants..a board where it's one big high school like clique and no one disagrees with him. Not sure what I did to Tundra to deserve the constant name calling and calling me out everytime I post something. I guessing it's because I called things like I saw them, like Jaboo for instance. 

Speaking with a lot of old (good posters) who have left, most have left some the same reasons.

It was a really good run fellas..I enjoyed it.

Take care

5 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

You too Axe...I'm done with this place as well. 

Tundra can finally have what he wants..a board where it's one big high school like clique and no one disagrees with him. Not sure what I did to Tundra to deserve the constant name calling and calling me out everytime I post something. I guessing it's because I called things like I saw them, like Jaboo for instance. 

Speaking with a lot of old (good posters) who have left, most have left some the same reasons.

It was a really good run fellas..I enjoyed it.

Take care

I've always enjoyed and respected your football takes.  Maybe one day when the current mess is in the rearview mirror...

While taking the understandably emotional response of the player's mother out of the equation, this is concerning because of the universally accepted conclusion that young people aren't going to be affected by the virus.

• The mother of an Indiana football player got the Big Ten’s attention Monday with a Facebook post. Debbie Rucker cautioned that her son Brady Feeney, a freshman offensive lineman, ended up in the emergency room with breathing issues after being infected with the coronavirus

“After 14 days of hell battling the horrible virus … now we are dealing with possible heart issues!” she wrote. “Bottom line, even if your son’s schools do everything right to protect them, they CAN’T PROTECT THEM!!”

The concern I would have as a football player is that, particularly amongst OL/DL, there are a fair number of obese human beings and obesity seems to be one trait of those who have issues once they catch the virus and are actually symptomatic.

My mother In-law lives with us ..i built her an apartment onto our house...anyway she has heart issues, Diabetes , high blood pressure, and COPD so i can't take chances....or I can't be wrong ...so wearing the Damn mask is slightly an inconvenience....This Covid 19 thing seems to be the real deal.....I really wish we would treat it like a health issue and not a political issue... 

Brad Seaton Reserve OT is the only Buccaneer to out. Although Donovan Smith was a possibility, he did not opt out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bucs-backup-tackle-brad-seaton-opts-out-of-2020-season/ar-BB17EKrx

49ers

WR Travis Benjamin
OT Shon Coleman

Bears

DT Eddie Goldman
S Jordan Lucas

Bengals

DL Josh Tupou

Bills

CB E.J. Gaines 
DL Star Lotulelei

Broncos

OT Ja'Wuan James 
DL Kyle Peko

Browns

DT Andrew Billings 
OT Drake Dorbeck
OG Drew Forbes
OG Colby Gossett
OG Malcolm Pridgeon

Buccaneers

OT Brad Seaton

Cardinals

OT Marcus Gilbert

Chargers

None

Chiefs

OG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif
OL Lucas Niang
RB Damien Williams

Colts

S Rolan Milligan
LB Skai Moore
S Marvell Tell

Cowboys

CB Maurice Canady  
WR Stephen Guidry
FB Jamize Olawale

Dolphins

DT Davon Godchaux
WR Allen Hurns
WR Albert Wilson II

Eagles

WR Marquise Goodwin

Falcons

None

Giants

CB Sam Beal
WR Da'Mari Scott 
OT Nate Solder

Jaguars

LB Lerentee McCray  
CB Rashaan Melvin
DL Al Woods

Jets

LB James Burgess
WR Josh Doctson
OL Leo Koloamatangi
LB C.J. Mosley

Lions

WR Geronimo Allison 
DL John Atkins
C Russell Bodine

Packers

WR Devin Funchess

Panthers

LB Jordan Mack
LB Christian Miller

Patriots

RB Brandon Bolden  
OT Marcus Cannon  
S Patrick Chung
LB Dont'a Hightower
TE Matt LaCosse  
WR Marqise Lee 
OL Najee Toran 
FB Danny Vitale 

Raiders

LB Ukeme Eligwe

Rams

None

Ravens

OT Andre Smith
WR De'Anthony Thomas

Saints

TE Jason Vander Laan  
TE Cole Wick

Seahawks

OG Chance Warmack

Steelers

None

Texans

DL Eddie Vanderdoes

Titans

OT Anthony McKinney

Vikings

DL Michael Pierce

Washington Football Team

DL Caleb Brantley 
LB Josh Harvey-Clemons

7 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

My mother In-law lives with us ..i built her an apartment onto our house...anyway she has heart issues, Diabetes , high blood pressure, and COPD so i can't take chances....or I can't be wrong ...so wearing the Damn mask is slightly an inconvenience....This Covid 19 thing seems to be the real deal.....I really wish we would treat it like a health issue and not a political issue... 

Agreed.

The latest model that everyone is looking at says that at our current rate of participation, we're looking at about 300,000 deaths in the US by December, but if we all wore the mask we could cut that by 70,000.

Imagine if you could help save more Americans than died in the Vietnam War by just wearing a mask, and then being like...nah.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Agreed.

The latest model that everyone is looking at says that at our current rate of participation, we're looking at about 300,000 deaths in the US by December, but if we all wore the mask we could cut that by 70,000.

Imagine if you could help save more Americans than died in the Vietnam War by just wearing a mask, and then being like...nah.

Fucking this. Fucking simple. Doesn;t harm anyone

Idiots like this may be the reason why there is no College football until the spring.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29629669/power-5-talking-no-fall-football

Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them.

Sources told ESPN that a vast majority of Big Ten presidents have indicated that they would vote to postpone football season, hopefully to the spring. A Big Ten official confirmed to ESPN that no official vote took place during Saturday's meeting, but the presidents are set to meet again Sunday night.

"It doesn't look good," one Power 5 athletic director said.

Notre Dame has close ties to the Power 5, deciding to join the ACC in football this year instead of remaining independent due to the challenges of the pandemic. Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick verbalized one of the central issues with altering the season.

"My view is if we change course, we better be able to articulate the reason for doing so to our student-athletes," he told ESPN.

The Mid-American Conference on Saturday became the first FBS league to postpone the fall sports season, including football.

Presidents and chancellors of the Pac-12 universities are scheduled to meet on Tuesday.

"No one has talked about a plan if the season is canceled," West Virginia athletic director Shane Lyons, who is the chair of the Football Oversight Committee, told ESPN. "If it's canceled, we need to be able to give clear direction at that time, as opposed to saying, 'We don't know.'"

Several sources have told ESPN over the past 48 hours that the postponement or cancellation of the football season seems inevitable. Many of those sources believed it ultimately will take a Power 5 conference to move things in that direction and that either the Big Ten or Pac-12 would probably be the first league to do it.

"Nobody wanted to be the first to do it," a Power 5 coach told ESPN, "and now nobody will want to be the last."

A Power 5 administrator added: "It feels like no one wants to, but it's reaching the point where someone is going to have to."

The ACC, Big 12 and SEC have wanted to wait to see what happened after thousands of students returned to their campuses this month, but they might be forced to act if the Big Ten and/or Pac-12 take action this week, the sources said.

Unless there's a vaccine introduced and available to everyone by early 2021, there's going to be no spring sports as well in all likelihood. The virus isn't going to burn itself out, in fact the next month has the potential to be a complete mess with school going back into session. A vaccine even introduced early in 2021 is likely to take 6 months to get to everyone.

9 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Unless there's a vaccine introduced and available to everyone by early 2021, there's going to be no spring sports as well in all likelihood. The virus isn't going to burn itself out, in fact the next month has the potential to be a complete mess with school going back into session. A vaccine even introduced early in 2021 is likely to take 6 months to get to everyone.

And then many of these morons will refuse to be vaccinated. 

This morning I heard one of the factors is that some of the athletes who will recover from the virus may have permanent heart damage. Many of the Universities are worried that their waivers will not protect them from an athlete who has a possible pro career from suing them as well as the  bulk of athletes who will not have a pro career and wind up permanently damaged.

8 hours ago, Tundra said:

And then many of these morons will refuse to be vaccinated. 

There will be a bunch of Morons that will infect their Mother their Father family who ever then ride to their Funeral ...some stupid you can't fix......A simple cloth mask or store bought mask can make you somewhat safer says the people who know....if you gamble at Vegas and you lose ......you loose some money....if you gamble the mask game ......you can loose your life....

The university Presidents make the decision and unfortunately that is a political process. I predict a red state and blue state divide by conference. SEC seems really committed to playing. I would be shocked if the Big 12  does not play. I tend to think the ACC will play as well.

Nebraska is threatening to leave the Big Ten for 2020 if they can't play this year in the Big Ten. The two schools that voted against closing the Big Ten were Iowa and Nebraska according to Dan Patrick. Let me add that Harbaugh is taking on his own University President in opposing closing of Michigan's football program until the spring.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29634231/scott-frost-says-nebraska-prepared-look-all-options-including-playing-big-ten

On 8/10/2020 at 11:33 AM, rook said:

Now it looks we might have a football season based on political divides. No Big ten or PAC 12 conferences until spring. Likely a SEC league and  ACC and  Big 12 on the fence.

We have to stop calling this a political divide.  Some people are listening to the scientists, some people are not.  That is a science / logic / trust-in-expertise divide.  If that falls along left / right lines, it is what it is, but it's not like democrats and liberals are sitting around promoting mask wearing as part of a political platform, they're doing it because it's what the epidemiologists and doctors say is necessary to get this mess under control.