Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rook

No mask, No NFL ticket

Recommended Posts

I'm shocked they're still thinking about having fans in seats even if they seat them every 3rd or 4th seat.  

In a lot of major cities, that's not going to be allowed.  Chicago for example still isn't allowing gatherings over 50 people and I don't think that changes until there's a vaccine or Covid magically disappears like the President promised in February. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rook said:

Florida is a 25% of Capacity I believe. New York is zero. The Rays are zero for now. They have cardboard cutouts and pumped in crowd noise. It is fluid though. Florida is not exactly kicking ass on the virus lately.

Yeah, but they're taking some of the heat off us poor, dumb bastards out here in Arizona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rook said:

Florida is a 25% of Capacity I believe. New York is zero. The Rays are zero for now. They have cardboard cutouts and pumped in crowd noise. It is fluid though. Florida is not exactly kicking ass on the virus lately.

I live a block from Wrigley Field and I walk by it every day.  The Cubs have been practicing with pumped in crowd noise too.

Turns out the Falcons weren’t cheaters, they were just ahead of their time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MLB made it three whole games before this shit started, can’t make up a game in the NFL...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/26/marlins-delay-return-miami-after-apparent-coronavirus-outbreak-among-players

Marlins cancel game after apparent coronavirus outbreak among players, coaches

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way Florida should have any fans in the stadium. It still may take more than the Marlins break out to stop sports. The fat lady has not sung yet but she is definitely warming up her vocal chords. If they do play, virus outbreaks will  affect outcomes and the entire season suspect. The Rays have already had their best hitter sit for three games. Yankees are suppose to play the Phillies today. Doubt if that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

MLB made it three whole games before this shit started, can’t make up a game in the NFL...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/07/26/marlins-delay-return-miami-after-apparent-coronavirus-outbreak-among-players

Marlins cancel game after apparent coronavirus outbreak among players, coaches

 

A couple of things with this is that MLB is more comfortable with postponing games due to whether. So to lose a couple of games to be rescheduled in the future is not unusual. The question is how long these players are out and what affect it has over the rest of the roster(s) of all the teams involved.

No matter how we looked at this, there was always going to be a situation such as this come up. Aside from the NBA which just has far less personnel to concern themselves with, it was always going to be difficult for the major sports to start up unless we were going to simply cancel the seasons until either a medicinal intervention was available or the virus somehow did "disappear".

MLB's situation will be a good learning experience for the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

A couple of things with this is that MLB is more comfortable with postponing games due to whether. So to lose a couple of games to be rescheduled in the future is not unusual. The question is how long these players are out and what affect it has over the rest of the roster(s) of all the teams involved.

No matter how we looked at this, there was always going to be a situation such as this come up. Aside from the NBA which just has far less personnel to concern themselves with, it was always going to be difficult for the major sports to start up unless we were going to simply cancel the seasons until either a medicinal intervention was available or the virus somehow did "disappear".

MLB's situation will be a good learning experience for the NFL.

In this short season, MLB only has 9 days off to reschedule games in, and they're not the same for every team.  They'll probably have to cancel their entire upcoming series against Baltimore, and then the Phillies have to consider canceling their upcoming series too because you can have Covid and spread it around for 4 or 5 days before it shows up on a test.

This is where we're at after 3 games and one incident:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...