Sign in to follow this  
The Rich McKay Conspiracy

This is why we can’t have nice things.

But wait, there's more!  And a Buc is the poster-boy!  Masterminds indeed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/11/ol-masterminds-summit-features-few-masks-no-distancing/

“OL Masterminds Summit” features few masks, no distancing

Posted by Mike Florio on July 11, 2020, 3:51 PM EDT

GettyImages-1069765578.jpg?w=560&h=316&c
Getty Images

As the NFL and the NFL Players Association haggle over every detail of football in a pandemic, one key question will be whether players can and will do everything they need to do — and not do everything they shouldn’t do — from August through December (or, in the case of 12 playoffs teams, into and possibly through January). There’s plenty of reason to think that this will be a bigger challenge than previously believed.

Case in point: The OL Masterminds Summit in Dallas. Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle has posted videos from the event. This one shows Saints tackle Terron Armstead (with no mask) speaking to a group of offensive lineman who are definitely not standing more than six feet apart. Several aren’t wearing masks, or their masks are pulled down. (That’s the one major design flaw of the mask. For it to properly work. It must actually, you know, cover the mouth and the nose.)

If that one isn’t sufficiently alarming, here’s a video from a hot-wing eating contest at the OL Mastermind Summit, won by Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen. There are well over a dozen large men in the shot, bodies pressed together as two of them furiously consume chicken wings. One man in the background is wearing a mask.

These are the men who inherently have enhanced risk of a serious outcome, given their BMI. And they’re engaging in this behavior in Dallas, one of the current hotbeds of COVID-19.

At a time when football season seems to be hanging in the balance, this group of offensive linemen has just jumped onto the side of the scale that lands on “try again next year.” Thus, as the NFL and NFLPA prepare to continue their negotiations on Monday regarding the various things that need to be done before the season can proceed, the participants should consider asking themselves an important question: Why bother?

Living somewhat prosperously in this pandemic boils down to one thing -- WEAR THE FUCKING MASK. 

After like a minute I forget I'm even wearing the damn thing.  A little compromise of some "personal freedoms" principle for the greater good is not an onerous request. 

WEAR THE FUCKING MASK. 

You now, based on science. 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive.

I'm not condoning that sick people are out and about, but the results speak for themselves and more examples of cases like this are piling up. 

8 hours ago, Tundra said:

Living somewhat prosperously in this pandemic boils down to one thing -- WEAR THE FUCKING MASK. 

After like a minute I forget I'm even wearing the damn thing.  A little compromise of some "personal freedoms" principle for the greater good is not an onerous request. 

WEAR THE FUCKING MASK. 

You now, based on science. 

https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/417906/still-confused-about-masks-heres-science-behind-how-face-masks-prevent

Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive.

I'm not condoning that sick people are out and about, but the results speak for themselves and more examples of cases like this are piling up. 

Wear the Fucking Mask!.....

Even if you don't believe in the mask thing, because you'd rather listen to an orange turd than a scientist... listening to the epidemiologists is hands down the only prayer we have of ever seeing Tom Brady suit up for a game as a Buc.

Even of the biggest deniers in Republican Governor Brian Kemp is begging Georgia residents to wear masks if they want a NCAA football season this year.

I already saw our Bucs LT Donovan Smith whose wife is going to have their first baby does not want to play this year.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2899626-bucs-donovan-smith-says-playing-nfl-games-amid-covid-19-isnt-worth-risk

Well, the second one team has to shut down for some players getting Covid, the seasons over. These morons are likely to get the season cancelled before it starts. And I would suggest some folk throw out the idea that no one gets paid if it is players getting sick because of stupid behavior that causes the season to be cancelled. Then the morons will start getting "Code Red" in the locker room by dudes wearing masks who want to play and make bank....

i would love to have sports this year but I do not see how it happens. If it does happen, how many asterisks will you have to put on a season where it is quite likely that a number of outstanding players will be sidelined in key games because of the virus. It will turn the entire NFL season into a weird COVID lottery.

Material science technology has come far enough along that players should be able to have a cardio-neutral protective solution. They already wear a helmet that weighs a ton and costs a fortune. 

An athlete’s answer to the masks. 

WEAR THE FUCKING MASK

This really isn’t THAT hard, but for overly zealous individual rights folks. For the greater good, sometimes the individual must sacrifice.  And this isn’t being asked to cough up 10% more of your paycheck for chrissakes.

GODDAMMITT

WEAR THE FUCKING MASK

What the HELL, I thought all of you were a bunch of ignorant assed rednecks and I go away for a few months and find this.   Well said everyone.  Well said.   I made the trek Sunday to a Drive In theater in Georgia, and wouldn't stop in a couple of gas stations because not a single person had a mask on.

I'm returning back to school as a teacher, and I don't mind the risk except for one thing: the reason why I'm going to be at risk is because of the reckless anti-mask attitudes of my community.  It's insane.

I didn't want to wear a mask when all of this shit started. Hated the idea. The more I read on the issue, the more I changed my mind. I still hate wearing the mask but I do it. I limit the circumstances I have to wear the mask. IOW-I stay home and out of indoor places other than my home.

Gov Kemp of Georgia not only won't suggest everyone wear a mask but has made any mandate to wear a mask illegal in the state. Does that make sense to anyone? I understand that some heads of state may not want to mandate mask wearing because it would put pressure on stores and even police to police an issue which really doesn't need to be for any thinking person but outlawing a mandate? Well....this is the same nitwit who found out about 2 months after everyone else that the virus can spread through asymptomatic people. So maybe it's par for the course. All this does is empower the nitwits.

It's such a small thing, and it's the fastest route to NFL football, concerts, bars and restaurants, and oh yeah - slowing the death toll way down.

The people who put the economy over the human toll should be the first ones saying let's wear masks, because that's the only way this goes away.  We all have to get in the same boat for a few months and stick with it.

8 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

What the HELL, I thought all of you were a bunch of ignorant assed rednecks and I go away for a few months and find this.   Well said everyone.  Well said.   I made the trek Sunday to a Drive In theater in Georgia, and wouldn't stop in a couple of gas stations because not a single person had a mask on.

I'm returning back to school as a teacher, and I don't mind the risk except for one thing: the reason why I'm going to be at risk is because of the reckless anti-mask attitudes of my community.  It's insane.

Welcome back. Would you give me a hand job in the back of my truck and hold my Busch Light while we watch Fuzzy Mae take a bath in the pond?

8 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I didn't want to wear a mask when all of this shit started. Hated the idea. The more I read on the issue, the more I changed my mind. I still hate wearing the mask but I do it. I limit the circumstances I have to wear the mask. IOW-I stay home and out of indoor places other than my home.

Gov Kemp of Georgia not only won't suggest everyone wear a mask but has made any mandate to wear a mask illegal in the state. Does that make sense to anyone? I understand that some heads of state may not want to mandate mask wearing because it would put pressure on stores and even police to police an issue which really doesn't need to be for any thinking person but outlawing a mandate? Well....this is the same nitwit who found out about 2 months after everyone else that the virus can spread through asymptomatic people. So maybe it's par for the course. All this does is empower the nitwits.

Me to a tee.  Except, after a minute or two I acclimate and more than once I get home and I’m still wearing the fucking thing. 

7 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

I saw a White: Red tinted Low IQ over weight Lummox try to look at a solar Eclipse once and now he won't wear a mask.....That guy likely has an infantile Penis.....and took it in the ass from his uncle Floyd

Uncle Floyd, he had a monster dick.  He was actually Fuzzy Mae’s dad. And uncle. 

7 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

It's such a small thing, and it's the fastest route to NFL football, concerts, bars and restaurants, and oh yeah - slowing the death toll way down.

The people who put the economy over the human toll should be the first ones saying let's wear masks, because that's the only way this goes away.  We all have to get in the same boat for a few months and stick with it.

That’s it and that’s all. It really is that simple. But the deniers are strong. I have a friend who simply rejects the severity, the contagion, or the remedy for this. Still. I was like that in March. Then I knew people who went down with it, one guy my age and stronger and meaner than me, nearly died.  Maybe we need this thing to last another two years so that some of this ridiculous divisiveness subsides. I fucking hope not, but out of every turd comes an oyster. Or something like that. 

6 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

The thing about Kemp is that the mandate probably only impacts Atlanta and more urban areas.  I think he's okay with those people dying.

The douchebag is suing the mayor of Atlanta.  My money is on Atlanta. 

1 hour ago, Tundra said:

Welcome back. Would you give me a hand job in the back of my truck and hold my Busch Light while we watch Fuzzy Mae take a bath in the pond?

Jesus this is the first time I've been mistaken for Snook.  Apparently, he's the reason everyone is out of nickels.

7 hours ago, rook said:

My brother lives in rural Hall county in Georgia that had a huge virus outbreak due to poultry meat processing centers. Poultry capital of the World.

Meat processing is problematic, probably the perfect conditions to spread it, but then once they leave probably nobody wears masks.  It's pretty bad where I'm at, but rural GA was downright scary.  Nobody remotely cared.

9 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

Meat processing is problematic, probably the perfect conditions to spread it, but then once they leave probably nobody wears masks.  It's pretty bad where I'm at, but rural GA was downright scary.  Nobody remotely cared.

I drove through rural southern Missouri and Arkansas. Same. In fact one gas station place had an unprotected all you can eat buffet, tables all close together, the lowest end of the gene pool all hicking it up. Next time I’m bringing Depends so I don’t have to stop to piss.

11 minutes ago, Tundra said:

I drove through rural southern Missouri and Arkansas. Same. In fact one gas station place had an unprotected all you can eat buffet, tables all close together, the lowest end of the gene pool all hicking it up. Next time I’m bringing Depends so I don’t have to stop to piss.

An old Gatorade bottle is much cheaper.  It means you have to fumble your dick out while you drive, but who among us hasn't done that?