Sign in to follow this  
MrBlaque666

NFL Rumors: Buccaneers Interested in RB Devonta Freeman?

From various sources but here is the one I am USING this one.

I am a bit confused by this...  Why are the Bucs interested in an RB that hasn't played a full season since 2016?  Also, why are they interested in him after having what is already a pretty much filled out RB room?  Hindsight being 20/20, we could have drafted some depth for either line.  Also, why are we looking at a RB when we still have depth issues on both lines and daresay, the secondary?

Saying that, I like Freeman.  He runs very well and arm tackles don't bring him down.  His biggest asset is his productivity in receiving.  Being that I watch pretty much game in the NFC South at least two times a season, he impresses me.  He kind of reminds me of Doug Martin in a way, but Freeman has better running skills.  He is a downhill runner that with a biggish body size.  He doesn't quit and is good at sitting in protection the exploding into a seam in zone coverages.  Good hands and has overdrive, but not overly fast (4.58 40) and can be caught from behind. His biggest knock, to me at least, is he has missed time.  He played 14 games in 2017 and 2019 missing all but 2 games in 2018.  Not sure, but seems like he may have a bit of an injury issue.  

If it were me, I would say pass UNLESS we can get him at a good price.  He has been offered a contract by the Seahawks and the Eagles, but has not signed yet.  Unless it is a really Buc friendly deal, I say pass.  All in all, I guess I would say pass as we really don't need Freeman IMHO.  

What say y'all?

Just my $.02 and that's about all it's worth.  Carry On.  ;)

Two more traits not mentioned, one plus, one minus.  The plus is that he's a solid receiver out of the backfield - always a good thing and something the Bucs need.  The minus is that he's been deficient in pass protection from day one, and never got good (or even average) at it.  Something the Bucs definitely don't need.

And finally, he badly overvalues himself.  Maybe he and Winston have the same agent.