Sign in to follow this  
Gulf Shore Steve

Finally some positive news assuming there's a season

Booger and Tessitore will be replaced on MNF.

I actually didn't mind Booger all that much but just can't stand Tessitore for some reason.

I've seen one rumor that Pat McAfee may end up as the analyst which would likely bring a WWE/MMF element to the broadcast which means we'll see at least one "be careful what you wish for post" after the first game he's on.

The release did mention that the replacements would come from current ESPN personnel.

Monday Night hasn't had the luster it did in it's days on ABC. Some of those guys like Cosell, Gifford, Meredith, Madden, and Michaels made that the premier game of the week. I always watched it for the halftime highlights too. It was usually the only way for me to get a glimpse of the Bucs. That was if they didn't fuck them and just announce the final score. Yeah, that launched a round of loud muther fuckers and other shit that scared the kids. And some of the neighbors. Happened way too often.

Booger in the crane cage was awesome. Well, the cage idea was. Fucking brilliantly stupid, really. Can't expect too much from ESPN on their choices for the new guys.

CBS's Nantz and Romo are still fresh. :groucho

The NFL's  new contract in 2022 will allow Monday Night Football to go back on ABC if the network decides to go that route. It is the current plan but ABC would like a better broadcasting crew if it goes back to that route.

It was odd but I was stoked when my Owls of FAU had their Cheribundi Boca Raton Bowl game with SMU was on Saturday on the ABC network. It helped that they won 52-28.

6 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Booger and Tessitore will be replaced on MNF.

I actually didn't mind Booger all that much but just can't stand Tessitore for some reason.

I've seen one rumor that Pat McAfee may end up as the analyst which would likely bring a WWE/MMF element to the broadcast which means we'll see at least one "be careful what you wish for post" after the first game he's on.

The release did mention that the replacements would come from current ESPN personnel.

Tessitore had something highly grating annoying and loathsome about him. I always muted the game and listened to rock from youtube on hmy headphones through the iPud.  Good abbouncers will fuck up my rhythm  .