Sign in to follow this  
JOEinPHX

Great News!!! Sports are Back!!!

Our morning paper has a 'Sports on TV' listing, and there's great news.  We have a plethora of exciting sports events available on television.  ESPN2 has Korean baseball between the LG Twins and NC Dinos, with an encore showing if you miss the first broadcast.  Then there's the UFC 249 Prelims.  Nothing says 'back to normal' like a couple' roid cases trying to gouge each others eye out.  And finally, the piece de resistance, the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships from Rock Hill, South Carolina.  Can't wait for this one, though I personally thought the championships would be held in a more cornholing-friendly state like West Virginia.  And sadly, this event is pre-recorded, so it won't have all the drama and intensity of live cornholing.

25 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

And finally, the piece de resistance, the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships from Rock Hill, South Carolina.  Can't wait for this one, though I personally thought the championships would be held in a more cornholing-friendly state like West Virginia.  And sadly, this event is pre-recorded, so it won't have all the drama and intensity of live cornholing.

The Johnsonville championship is an over hyped professional bit of drama. Much better is when the ACL holds it's National College championship. They're there for the love of the sport and the energy level is noticeably higher. I hope UVA gets taken down this year.

10 hours ago, JOEinPHX said:

And finally, the piece de resistance, the Johnsonville Cornhole Championships from Rock Hill, South Carolina.  Can't wait for this one, though I personally thought the championships would be held in a more cornholing-friendly state like West Virginia.  And sadly, this event is pre-recorded, so it won't have all the drama and intensity of live cornholing.

:ROTFLMAO:

This is reminiscent of when ESPN first came out. They were showing Aussie rules football, lots of soccer, and hot dog eating, and all kinds of dubious contests that could loosely be categorized as "sport" because there was eventually going to be a winner. 

Cornholing is on the major upswing.  Cornholing is becoming the new America's game. 

Here's the first hall of fame nominees.

Mike Graham 🍾 on Twitter: "Squeal like a pig. One of the most ...

3 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!

Ned's career was defined by that scene. Kind of a paradox for him. He made a decent living, but his roles after the buggery were mostly dumbass semi-retarded doofuses who would drool more coherenty than they would talk.   No one could ever get past hims being brown-eyed on one of the famous movies of all time.  

Here;s to you Ned. I never made any money on the times I've been buttfucked. 

True...but at least Kevin Bacon got over his inaugural movie scene in Animal House - “Thank you, sir, can I have another?!”

Maybe if Bacon had the paddle shoved up his ass bufu-style, he never would’ve made it...so hey, good for Footloose Boy.

2 hours ago, MadMac said:

True...but at least Kevin Bacon got over his inaugural movie scene in Animal House - “Thank you, sir, can I have another?!”

Maybe if Bacon had the paddle shoved up his ass bufu-style, he never would’ve made it...so hey, good for Footloose Boy.

What was that game,  how close everything is to Kevin Bacon//////////Ned Beatty -- Squeel like a Pig -- Bacon comes on (I mean from) a pig -- Kevin Bacon. 

9 hours ago, Tundra said:

This is reminiscent of when ESPN first came out. They were showing Aussie rules football, lots of soccer, and hot dog eating, and all kinds of dubious contests that could loosely be categorized as "sport" because there was eventually going to be a winner. 

The E in ESPN name allowed a catch all of the questionable non-sport related gobbledygook. That was great foresight. As opposed to the M in MTV.

Speaking of sports being back....I just saw on the ESPN scroller that someone won the Maddon Bowl 2020! Fuck yeah!! Computer games taking over real games as “sports”...

Looking forward to ESPN carrying the results of group Mario Kart races.

8 hours ago, MadMac said:

Speaking of sports being back....I just saw on the ESPN scroller that someone won the Maddon Bowl 2020! Fuck yeah!! Computer games taking over real games as “sports”...

Looking forward to ESPN carrying the results of group Mario Kart races.

They seriously have a virtual Gran Prix with the race car drivers all with steering wheels at their computers.  Seriously, I was like WTF? With announcers and everything. You know, those gay British dudes who sound like they're  about to blow off a batch because someone drove into the pits. 

Want real sport? Fuck Goodell. Bring back hard core old school football. Get rid of the NFLPA. NO BS safety rules. No high tech crap involved. Players won't have shit to say about Covid or any fuckin thing. The crowds, well, they'll be small but have high spirited energy, enthusiasm, antibodies and far more class and dignity than the average Eagle fan. 

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Want real sport? Fuck Goodell. Bring back hard core old school football. Get rid of the NFLPA. NO BS safety rules. No high tech crap involved. Players won't have shit to say about Covid or any fuckin thing. The crowds, well, they'll be small but have high spirited energy, enthusiasm, antibodies and far more class and dignity than the average Eagle fan. 

Are you not entertained?!

21 minutes ago, MadMac said:

Are you not entertained?!

I entertained myself twice yesterday. Paddle balls and choke the chicken. It's Sunday which would normally be pasta and some nice tight and tender braciole after mass. But that ain't happening. Try simmering your braciole with this virtual bullshit.

46 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

I entertained myself twice yesterday. Paddle balls and choke the chicken. 

You too? I did some pud paddling and gherkin jerkin'...wish I was watching pro players playing with their balls instead.