Sign in to follow this  
UncleBuc

Leaked Schedule

The non-conference opponents at home (Packers, Vikings, Chiefs, Chargers, Rams) look a lot tougher than the away opponents (Lions, Bears, Broncos, Raiders, Giants).  That's gotta be a good thing - RayJay will probably rock a little louder than usual this season, assuming there are fans in the stands.

2 hours ago, bucs63 said:

I'm leaning toward the latter but with possibly limited or no fan participation.

The show must go on. Some way or another.

The NFL can be flexible if needed. Meaning if for instance weeks 1-4 didnt happen, those games just become weeks 13-17.

The fact is we know SO much more today than we did just 7 weeks ago about the Virus. We will know much more in 3-4 months as far as advanced testing, treatments, etc.

The season may or may not be played in front of packed stadiums, but there will be a full NFL season IMO.

9 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

The NFL can be flexible if needed. Meaning if for instance weeks 1-4 didnt happen, those games just become weeks 13-17.

The fact is we know SO much more today than we did just 7 weeks ago about the Virus.

This is true. We do know more and case and deaths continue at a fairly steady rate. Without medical intervention in terms of a significant treatment or vaccine, they may attempt to start but will be shut down at some point. It's inconceivable that there won't be players who come down with the virus and it will affect entire teams. Football is probably the worst sport to be attempting to play the way the virus has acted to this point. That may change but simply wishing it will won't make it happen.

Moving the first 4 weeks to the last 4 weeks won't really matter.

The NFL has to plan as if the season will happen. So that is why we are given the draft, the schedule, etc.

42 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

This is true. We do know more and case and deaths continue at a fairly steady rate. Without medical intervention in terms of a significant treatment or vaccine, they may attempt to start but will be shut down at some point. It's inconceivable that there won't be players who come down with the virus and it will affect entire teams. Football is probably the worst sport to be attempting to play the way the virus has acted to this point. That may change but simply wishing it will won't make it happen.

Moving the first 4 weeks to the last 4 weeks won't really matter.

The NFL has to plan as if the season will happen. So that is why we are given the draft, the schedule, etc.

Testing players weekly, if not daily, will be in effect I'm sure.

A 20 or 30 year old healthy athlete has a super low risk of any major health issues even if they should contract Covid. Not much different than playing football in flu season. The biggest difference w Covid amd football (or any sport) is the possibility of exposure to elderly staff members.

I work in medical sales and I'm in and out of multiple doctors offices daily (not at the moment obviously), but I will be back to work in the next few weeks. As will many other people who will be at risk of catching the virus as well. In fact, in talking with a ton of medical professionals who know much more than me, they believe 150-200 million will have had the virus before it's all said and done. They also believe Pfizer or another big Pharma will have a vaccine sometime this fall. 

I believe the season will go on as planned. Life will have to go on as well. 

54 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Testing players weekly, if not daily, will be in effect I'm sure.

A 20 or 30 year old healthy athlete has a super low risk of any major health issues even if they should contract Covid. Not much different than playing football in flu season. The biggest difference w Covid amd football (or any sport) is the possibility of exposure to elderly staff members.

I work in medical sales and I'm in and out of multiple doctors offices daily (not at the moment obviously), but I will be back to work in the next few weeks. As will many other people who will be at risk of catching the virus as well. In fact, in talking with a ton of medical professionals who know much more than me, they believe 150-200 million will have had the virus before it's all said and done. They also believe Pfizer or another big Pharma will have a vaccine sometime this fall. 

I believe the season will go on as planned. Life will have to go on as well. 

Herd immunity is the only way we can go.

W1: at New Orleans: Sept. 13, 4:25 p.m.
W2: vs. Carolina: Sept. 20, 1 p.m.
W3: at Denver: Sept, 27, 4:25 p.m.
W4: vs. Chargers: Oct. 4, 1 p.m.
W5: at Bears (TNF): Oct. 8, 8:20 p.m.
W6: vs. Packers: Oct. 18, 4:25 p.m.
W7: at Raiders (SNF): Oct. 25, 8:20 p.m.
W8: at Giants (MNF): Nov. 2, 8:15 p.m.
W9: vs. Saints (SNF): Nov. 8, 8:20 p.m.
W10: at Panthers: Nov. 15, 1 p.m.
W11: vs. Rams (MNF): Nov. 23, 8:15 p.m.
W12: vs. Chiefs: Nov. 29, 4:25 p.m.
W13: Bye Week
14: vs. Vikings: Dec. 13, 1 p.m.
W15: at Falcons: Dec. 20, 1 p.m.
W16: at Lions: Dec. 26/27, TBD
W17: vs. Falcons: Jan. 3, 1 p.m.

Looks like JP Peterson was “just a bit outside...” (voice of Harry Doyle)

Was hoping we did open on MNF and also playing the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. But no.