jobuc597

Will we have a season Fans or no Fans

Just reading the plan for MLB to return...or at least the part that has been released.  If this is the extreme which is being recommended to or by MLB to get that game moving again with the worst possible on field situation being the triangle of catcher, umpire and batter, I can't imagine how a sport which involves people jumping on each other en masse on every play gets off the ground at all. This all based on no major changes within the medical world by the time the NFL is to begin. Best case scenario at this point is playing the 2020 season in spring 2021.

63 - we can argue over what the numbers are as lay people until the cows come home but it appears that whoever the leagues are using as medical advisors are of the more cautious type.

15 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

63 - we can argue over what the numbers are as lay people until the cows come home but it appears that whoever the leagues are using as medical advisors are of the more cautious type.

I have no doubt the lawyers get a big say in this... imagine the liability issues if there's a breakout among a team where they're sequestered together and someone dies...

8 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

You know me, I hate to argue about anything and would like me some livestock wandering in. I'm just interested in the uncertainty, not quibbling about the numbers. Especially not in a way to diminish the seriousness. This deadly attack by that cruel bitch mother nature is no doubt dangerous to many and has and will be historically disruptive.

My only comments about the league and the season have been, based on the money involved, they'll find a way to have one. I know that could be hopelessly irrational. So we'll see.

God Save the Team. 

Fans might get fucked this season one way or another.

A total of about 30 sex dolls were placed in the stands — some of them holding signs advertising X-rated websites.

safe_image.php?d=AQB8J9GWXFn9DPe-&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fallthatsinteresting.com%2Fwordpress%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F05%2Fsex-dolls-at-soccer-game.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQB8wzjINh3ufONL

Sex Dolls In South Korean Stadium Stands

https://allthatsinteresting.com/fc-seoul-sex-dolls?utm_campaign=fbpdtol&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0qr4EGvl7R7nzZJzLCpW9G-BBOzzCWNIuFIdq61ifOGCep_iR9qrIAyD8

Might not be fans in the stands week 1, but there will be an NFL season that starts on time. 

We're still in May and there are 3 months yet to figure out the safest and most logical way to make things work.

Healthy, young athletes have very little risk of serious illness or death, even if they do contract Covid.

Also, treatments will be more known and available in a couple months as well as rapid testing.

Toe meets leather on time opening day.

Book it twanks!

I think we get a season, doubt there will be fans until the end of the year at the earliest though.

On the number of deaths due to the pandemic I think the only way we'll know for sure is by comparing the number of deaths against the normal average for the time of year, here in the UK the official figure is 36k ish, the figure against the normal death range is already over 50k more than normal and figures are only available up to early May.