Sign in to follow this  
Buc

Jameis close to signing with the Saints

12 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

And Hill would have to get hurt too.  Meanwhile, there are all these talking heads claiming that the Bucs were foolish not keep this 1.1 million dollar 3rd string QB when their price tag would have been about 25 million a year.

Winston would probably play if Brees were injured. Hill is their gadget guy. The Saints showed their true goals with him last year when Bridgewater played after all sorts of declarations of how impressive Hill was in practice, pre-season and family backyard bbq's

8 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

...and if he were to suit up against us, we should just flatten that fucker...

Naw...our best way to use Jameis to our favor is to keep him in the game...there's a great chance we will intercept some pick sixes.

6 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Winston would probably play if Brees were injured. Hill is their gadget guy. The Saints showed their true goals with him last year when Bridgewater played after all sorts of declarations of how impressive Hill was in practice, pre-season and family backyard bbq's

That a lot of money for a gadget guy.

9 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

That's because they had that luxury. The luxury that now equates to Bridgewater > Winton.. The best thing that could happen for the Bucs is Winston having to play.

7 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

What I'm reading is 16 million guaranteed and about 10 million a year.

Yep.

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/26/saints-taysom-hill-contract-analysis-drew-brees-retire/

The NFL landscape was just beginning to settle in the wake of the 2020 NFL Draft when the New Orleans Saints signed backup quarterback Taysom Hill to a two-year, $21 million contract extension. That move doesn’t just grant Hill financial stability — it puts him in the driver’s seat to start at quarterback once Drew Brees has moved on.

That might happen as soon as 2021. While Brees also signed a two-year deal, it’s structured so that the Saints will be accountable for a little over $22 million against the salary cap should he retire after the 2020 season. If he plays, that number climbs up to north of $30 million. Brees has already signed on with NBC Sports in a broadcasting role, so it appears increasingly likely that 2020 will be his last ride.

Which means Hill would be the favorite to start at quarterback, with a salary at around $16 million. That’s comparable to what Andy Dalton and Jacoby Brissett have earned in recent years. It’s tough to complain about that kind of payout for a quarterback who, at worst, might be a one-year band-aid until the Saints can find their next passer. At best, it might end up looking like a bargain if Hill thrives as the full-time starter.

Still, don’t be surprised if the Saints take a proactive approach in adding more quarterbacks next offseason. Hill and rookie seventh-round pick Tommy Stevens are the only passers under contract (assuming Brees retires) past the 2020 season, with Jameis Winston expected to sign just a one-year deal. Things are shaking up in New Orleans and fans should be preparing for it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jameis-winston-contract-details-with-saints-incentive-laden-deal-revealed-for-former-bucs-qb-per-report/

The deal is for one year as Winston will make a base value of $1.1 million, per ESPN's Field Yates. Winston got a $148,000 signing bonus, a base salary of $952,000 and $3.4 million will be available in incentives. The deal wasn't expected to be large since the Saints only have $5,041,522 in available cap space, per Over The Cap. Signing Winston doesn't guarantee him the backup job in New Orleans, but it will give the Saints' options going forward amid reports 2020 will be Drew Brees' final season.

The Saints will have more flexibility regarding their quarterback situation with Winston on the roster. Even if Winston loses the No. 2 quarterback job to Hill, he still can be the understudy to Brees and the Saints can still use Hill in a variety of ways on offense. Winston would have a role similar to Teddy Bridgewater had in New Orleans over the past two seasons. 

10 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I hadn't seen that new deal for Hill. From a Bucs standpoint, I hope he does start if Brees goes down or in 2021 because I'd rather face him than Winston

It’s a Bucs life. Winston would throw for 500 yards and 5 touchdowns and eat a W right in front of Culvernose. Sapp knows. Brooks knows. 

Jamesis. Dude's got a lotta air under his balls.

I know what I’m worth,” Winston recently told Tyler Dunne of BleacherReport.com. “And I know day in and day out, without publicly coming in and saying it, that historically I’m one of the best quarterbacks to play the game.” “Do I feel like I’m better than a lot of starting quarterbacks in this league?” Winston said. “I do..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/09/jameis-winston-i-know-that-historically-im-one-of-the-best-quarterbacks-to-play-the-game/?fbclid=IwAR2St6a3qz24z0vGLCeyl0xRzEAOD77GpDFZFbvQgt4bLuR1xjUsLe57SWU

16 hours ago, bucs63 said:

“And I know day in and day out, without publicly coming in and saying it, that historically I’m one of the best quarterbacks to play the game.”

Good Christ, did he actually say that?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:44 PM, bucs63 said:

Jamesis. Dude's got a lotta air under his balls.

I know what I’m worth,” Winston recently told Tyler Dunne of BleacherReport.com. “And I know day in and day out, without publicly coming in and saying it, that historically I’m one of the best quarterbacks to play the game.” “Do I feel like I’m better than a lot of starting quarterbacks in this league?” Winston said. “I do..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/06/09/jameis-winston-i-know-that-historically-im-one-of-the-best-quarterbacks-to-play-the-game/?fbclid=IwAR2St6a3qz24z0vGLCeyl0xRzEAOD77GpDFZFbvQgt4bLuR1xjUsLe57SWU

Hey man did you steal that from my facebook page 

Good gawd, JaMiss.   You do realize that 30 picks, 7 pick sixes,  all the fumbles and sacks and your record as a starter are also included in the analysis, right?  No?

“One of the best to play the game” doesn’t have all 32 teams pass on the chance to bring him in as the starter and you’re now arguably a 3rd string QB?

One of the best to play the game?!

:ROTFLMAO:

Good fucking riddance then. I actually had been a supporter of yours, but now

Fuck you.