Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Gronk a Buc

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/04/21/rob-gronkowski-requests-trade-from-patriots-to-buccaneers/

In Tampa Bay, Gronk will add to one of the most talented offensive rosters in the league. The Bucs boast two Pro Bowl wideouts in Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, plus pass-catching threats at tight end in O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate. Their offensive line also graded out as one of the NFL’s best pass-blocking units last season at Pro Football Focus.

9 hours ago, Axe said:

It's all about $$$

Brady and Gronk will sell season tickets.

I'm not crazy about this trade.

You're not happy about giving up a forth round pick for Gronk and a 7th? Wow. 

9 hours ago, bucs63 said:

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/04/21/rob-gronkowski-requests-trade-from-patriots-to-buccaneers/

In Tampa Bay, Gronk will add to one of the most talented offensive rosters in the league. The Bucs boast two Pro Bowl wideouts in Mike Evans and Chris Godwin, plus pass-catching threats at tight end in O.J. Howard and Cameron Brate. Their offensive line also graded out as one of the NFL’s best pass-blocking units last season at Pro Football Focus.

Wait that can't be!

Dong Smith fucking sucks, Muppet can't play..they all blow.

Or maybe the oline is pretty darn good at pass blocking, needs a young nasty RT who actually enjoys run blocking and some more depth should one if those shitty players like Smith get hurt.

13 hours ago, NNUD28 said:

When Gronk could actually play he was better over the past 4 years I would go with Brate .....I said Brate is better now 

In 2018 was Gronk's last year playing. In his last two games, AFC Championship and the Superbowl, Gronk had 12 catches..6 in each of his last 2 games. 

That was when he was beat up.

Brate in 2018 never had more than 3 catches in a game. 

Last year, Brate only had more than 3 catches twice all year.

Add to the fact that Brate doesn't get involved in run blocking and Gronk is one of the better blocking TEs, it's really not that close.

32 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Wait that can't be!

Dong Smith fucking sucks, Muppet can't play..they all blow.

Or maybe the oline is pretty darn good at pass blocking, needs a young nasty RT who actually enjoys run blocking and some more depth should one if those shitty players like Smith get hurt.

For those that say our line sucks, rewatch the games.  Focus on Smith.  He is quietly becoming a very, very good-dare I say excellent-pass blocker.  I have been known to have knee jerk reactions to Smith and his bone headed play in 2017 and 2018, but he has really minimized his mistakes and has become a solid pass blocker.  Their biggest issues are interior and RT.  Hopefully we address RT and add some depth to the OL in the draft.

I think it's a good thing. The draft is a crap shoot. You've now got a guaranteed future HOF tight end, albeit with maybe a year or two left for the cost of? You've got a coach with a few years left, a GOAT and now a favorite familiar target, plus two great mid to downfield receivers. They're likely to draft a stud tackle and a 3 down back who can catch the ball. RoJo will be a change up. Wouldn't be suprised to see them take another receiver with #3. They're in win now mode. I'm good with that, being a Buc fan since inception, with a few years left myself. Now, about that virus...

4 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Last year, Brate only had more than 3 catches twice all year.

Add to the fact that Brate doesn't get involved in run blocking and Gronk is one of the better blocking TEs, it's really not that close.

Bruce didn't use the tight ends last year it was fuck it lets chuck it style offense.It is what it is.Gronk is now the best tight end in the NFL because we traded for him I get it ...Lets go get Edleman as well, maybe we can pull Randy Moss out of retirement.. If Brady is so great why do we need to add pieces to the offense that Winston was supposed to win with?  New R.T. (Possibly) Hall of Fame Tight End Draft a running back(maybe) lets see what else we do.

50 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

Gronk is now the best tight end in the NFL because we traded for him I get it ...Lets go get Edleman as well, ...New R.T. (Possibly) Hall of Fame Tight End Draft a running back(maybe) lets see what else we do.

Maybe trade for Belicheat

Let's see if he could win with Arians team

4 hours ago, NNUD28 said:

Bruce didn't use the tight ends last year it was fuck it lets chuck it style offense.It is what it is.Gronk is now the best tight end in the NFL because we traded for him I get it ...Lets go get Edleman as well, maybe we can pull Randy Moss out of retirement.. If Brady is so great why do we need to add pieces to the offense that Winston was supposed to win with?  New R.T. (Possibly) Hall of Fame Tight End Draft a running back(maybe) lets see what else we do.

The Bucs had the 10th most TE targets in the NFL last year.  Whether that's throwing to them enough or not I'm not sure but I think the "Arians doesn't throw to his TEs" argument including from me, is probably overblown in the Bucs case. Brady has the ball. He'll throw it to the guy who's open.

47 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The Bucs had the 10th most TE targets in the NFL last year.  Whether that's throwing to them enough or not I'm not sure but I think the "Arians doesn't throw to his TEs" argument including from me, is probably overblown in the Bucs case. Brady has the ball. He'll throw it to the guy who's open.

We're so used to that often being a guy on the other team I don't think we're gonna know how to handle that. Probably still be bitchin bout something

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

This!

Fuck it lets chuck it was more Jaboo than anything else. 

This year's offense will look a lot different than what we saw last year.

Part of that is implementing what Brady likes to run and part of it is that Brady will throw to the opened target.

1 hour ago, PantherFan said:

Bucs are in great shape if we have football this fall.

Hey PF - time to re-defect back home to the Bucs!  Aside from Terry B and McCaffery there isn’t shift to cheer for in those smokey foothills !  SirvPurr is gay, we all know that - not that there’s anything wrong with that, and not that the midget pirate fadggot is a great step,up.....but seeing you post here more improves the quality of the joint. 

Gronk turned another year older today. 

I remember a time, a seemingly long stretch, when the Bucs were talked up as one of the youngest teams by average age. Brady and Gronk really fucked that narrative.

Which is fine cuz we pretty much sucked the whole time.

Go Bronks! Branks? Grady's?

11 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Gronk turned another year older today. 

I remember a time, a seemingly long stretch, when the Bucs were talked up as one of the youngest teams by average age. Brady and Gronk really fucked that narrative.

Which is fine cuz we pretty much sucked the whole time.

Go Bronks! Branks? Grady's?

AndJPP and Suh.

Believe what you want but Brady was not the main reason the Gronk wanted to play for the Bucs. Could just be feel good bullshit for an estrogen heavy audience but ...when was the last time anyone one outside a couple central Fla counties ever had a Buc TE get exposure for something other than whacking off in a Walmart parking lot or something special like that. Brady and Gronk? A win-win for the hapless Tard's franchise so far. Season or no season.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rob-gronkowski-reveals-the-main-reason-he-joined-buccaneers-and-its-not-tom-brady-150142732.html

3 hours ago, bucs63 said:

Believe what you want but Brady was not the main reason the Gronk wanted to play for the Bucs. Could just be feel good bullshit for an estrogen heavy audience but ...when was the last time anyone one outside a couple central Fla counties ever had a Buc TE get exposure for something other than whacking off in a Walmart parking lot or something special like that. Brady and Gronk? A win-win for the hapless Tard's franchise so far. Season or no season.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rob-gronkowski-reveals-the-main-reason-he-joined-buccaneers-and-its-not-tom-brady-150142732.html

Brady was still the main reason. But, yeah. Gronkowski sounds like a hoot. 

This team will be fun to watch until they’re 2-6 because Brady went out in game 3 with a shredded shoulder and knee and Blaine Fucking Goobert shows how to perfect the art of the pick 6.  Learning at the feet of Jameis. 

3 hours ago, Tundra said:

This team will be fun to watch until they’re 2-6 because Brady went out in game 3...

So they'll really just be fun to watch until game 4 when the total fuckin collapse starts and the bitching begins as low moans, develops weekly, becomes a familiar Buc bitchfest with finger pointing, calls for firings and fuckings, resulting in determined fans ominously marching up to One Buc in their scruffy overalls and straw Buc hats carrying pitch forks and torches in the sticky, underwear stuck to your balls, Tampa hot heat dead of night?

Good deal. At least we get to see Brady and Gronk this time.