Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Gronk a Buc

Just now, NNUD28 said:

Yeah really look up the numbers 

It really doesn't matter what your stat sheet says.  Fact is, Brate is solid, but he's never been a flat out game changer.  I doubt Gronkowski is going to be the player he was four or five years ago, but he's still going to create far greater concern for defenses than Brate does, which opens opportunities.

Personally, I'd have rather they stuck with Howard and Brate.  Not because I think the pair is  much better, but because I thought it had better potential over time.  As it is, this season defenses are going to worry more.  Even more fans are going to pack the stadium than they would've with just Brady, because for some reason people have some sort of crazy love for the Brady/Gronk thing.  No idea why.   Ever seen entire sections with Brate jerseys?  Me neither.  Gronk was almost as popular as the GOAT for Massholes.

Point is, the effect of Gronk is going to make a bigger impact that Brate, regardless of on field statistics.  As long as he's actually healthy and on the field, anyway.  

1 minute ago, Regulator16 said:

This was a stupid trade.

We literally just traded a fourth round pick for a retired, malnourished Ethiopian, often injured 31 year old tight end. Where was the sense in this trade?

Brady is running the show now!! Wonder who he is going to draft on Thursday???

3 minutes ago, Regulator16 said:

This was a stupid trade.

We literally just traded a fourth round pick for a retired, malnourished Ethiopian, often injured 31 year old tight end. Where was the sense in this trade?

Just think of the kicker we could have drafted with that pick

4 minutes ago, Regulator16 said:

This was a stupid trade.

It's a business decision.  The Glazers want their team to seem even more premier.  They went and got their new QB his favorite target, even though he's only going to play half the season if they are lucky.

You guys seriously think it has anything to do with how well Gronk can actually play right now?

Gronk played and started more games than Howard did in 2017 and 2018. He was retired in 2019.

Kind of a weird idea but considering where we are now. It is also means we may be serious  about running the ball as Gronk is a good blocking TE. Better than Howard.