Jump to content

Recommended Posts

[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
2 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Let's look at who picks ahead of us (for now) and who won't take a RB IMHO.

33. Bengals- no chance 

34. Colts- no chance

35. Lions- possibly but unlikely 

36. Giants- no chance

37. Pats- no chance

38. Panthers- no chance

39. Fins- likely

40. Texans- no chance

41. Browns- no chance

42. Jags- doubtful 

43. Bears- doubtful

44. Colts- no chance

45. BUCS

SWIFT

DOBBINS

TAYLOR

ACKERS

At least one of those RBs will be there.

I hope so!! We have't had a good RB in years..For this Brady thing to work we need a running game..He's too old to be throwing the ball 50 times a game...That is not a knock just saying 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fanofdabucs said:

There might be some serious value at Safety as well. 

Some really good first round talent at safety fell to the 2nd round.

 

 

Get a running back and draft all the defense you want ....We need a running back!!! Kinda cool to see three Buckeyes go 1,2,3, in last night drafts :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Let's look at who picks ahead of us (for now) and who won't take a RB IMHO.

33. Bengals- no chance 

34. Colts- no chance

35. Lions- possibly but unlikely 

36. Giants- no chance

37. Pats- no chance

38. Panthers- no chance

39. Fins- likely

40. Texans- no chance

41. Browns- no chance

42. Jags- doubtful 

43. Bears- doubtful

44. Colts- no chance

45. BUCS

SWIFT

DOBBINS

TAYLOR

ACKERS

At least one of those RBs will be there.

Which of them is best at catching passes out of the backfield.  That’s probably the one that the Bucs would prefer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

45. BUCS

SWIFT

DOBBINS

TAYLOR

ACKERS

At least one of those RBs will be there.

Likely at least one even with a flurry of trades. Hopefully there's not an underrated kicker don't have our eyes on. And Light does.

Who could be there who has more value than one of those RB's?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see them going any other route than RB.

Arians is an offensive coach and they realized at some point during the season last year that if they had a QB that wouldn't throw the ball to the other team for pick 6s, a more solid O-Line, and a running game, they could have made a serious playoff run. And by serious, I mean a push for the NFC Championship. 

Fast forward to now.....they've addressed the QB position. They've addressed the O-Line. They've added a HoF caliber tight end that (if he can stay healthy) will make significant difference in the pass game. They need a RB to put all that together. With the focus being on fixing the holes on offense, I see no way they look at anything other than one of those RBs. Not to mention the fact that for the last 6 or so games, that defense was looking pretty damn good. The young guys in the defensive backfield were playing at a very high level. It was the numbskull at QB that kept them from winning more games.

Fanof brings up Zack Moss. I like that kid a lot. I only saw some highlight clips from the Utes games, but that kid is powerful to be a smaller guy, handles the ball well, and has excellent vision. He was the type of runner at Utah (from everything I have seen and read) that once he has the ball in his hands, is a monster to try and bring down. He looked kind of like a bowling ball in some of those highlights on YouTube. He will tuck his head, cover the ball up, and drive the defender at the point of contact. I really like that kid.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Auman has a Twitter post on why the Bucs gave up a pick to make sure they got Wirfs.

A year ago, Bucs had their eyes on Cody Ford in second round at 39, and Bills traded ahead of them and grabbed him at 38. So very understandable, given same position with Wirfs last night, that Licht pays a small price to make sure it doesn't happen again. Eliminates the risk.

From the Bills OTA

Ford was drafted as an OG by the Bills but he ended up playing OT as their starting RT was hurt. He is still starting at RT but if the Bills get their injured RT back, they could move him inside at OG which was the plan when they drafted him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suh, JPP, Nacho all on 1 year deal and not much depth on the Dline.

While RB makes a ton of sense, I think the smart play is more DL playmakers.

Just look at the 49ers. That's how you build a roster.

I won't be upset w RB if it's the right one, but don't reach.

There are some other really good pass catching backs that can be had later in the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bucs63 said:

She has a sweet delicate grip too.

 

She tried facetiming me this morning but I was on the crapper. 

Fapping GIFs | Reaction GIFs

57 minutes ago, rook said:

Long snapper should always be ahead of the Punter. A good punter depends on his long snapper.

I'll bet Kay has a nice long snapper. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Suh, JPP, Nacho all on 1 year deal and not much depth on the Dline.

While RB makes a ton of sense, I think the smart play is more DL playmakers.

Just look at the 49ers. That's how you build a roster.

I won't be upset w RB if it's the right one, but don't reach.

There are some other really good pass catching backs that can be had later in the draft. 

What you say makes sense from a "building the reserves" point of view.
However, they have NO running backs unless they are sold on Ronald Jones and Dare Ogunbowale being the "one".
You at least have the players you named for one more season, then you have FA and next year's draft to address whatever is needed on the defensive side of the ball.

I say complete the offensive puzzle first and see if you can't outscore the other team, then address what's needed for defense later.
Might be a bad decision, but that would be my two copper's worth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SamuraiBuc said:

What you say makes sense from a "building the reserves" point of view.
However, they have NO running backs unless they are sold on Ronald Jones and Dare Ogunbowale being the "one".
You at least have the players you named for one more season, then you have FA and next year's draft to address whatever is needed on the defensive side of the ball.

I say complete the offensive puzzle first and see if you can't outscore the other team, then address what's needed for defense later.
Might be a bad decision, but that would be my two copper's worth.

Not a bad way to look at things, but should JPP, Shaq or Vita go down, the defense has problems.

I'm perfectly fine with them drafting a back at 45, I just don't want them to draft ANY back because they HAVE to have one.

Brady has done pretty well with a large cast of characters at RB over the years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

Not a bad way to look at things, but should JPP, Shaq or Vita go down, the defense has problems.

I'm perfectly fine with them drafting a back at 45, I just don't want them to draft ANY back because they HAVE to have one.

Brady has done pretty well with a large cast of characters at RB over the years.

Very true.

I wouldn't settle for just any back. There are things about all the top names you hear at RB that I don't like, except Moss. I compare him to somewhat of a guy like an Alvin Kamara from the video footage I have seen. I said the team should've drafted Kamara back then, not because he was a UT guy, but because he was a legit offensive weapon. I would come close to saying the same thing about Moss.

That being said, and to your point, Brady has had a motley crew at RB and really no big named "stars" and has made it work.....plus, Arians seemed to like Jones more than any other back, especially late in the season. Maybe they ride with him and draft one of the defensive guys next......either scenario is possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...