Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Boatrunner

Bradshaw throws shade at Brady

Recommended Posts

Terry Bradshaw thinks ‘ego’ led Tom Brady away from Patriots.

As a multiple-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback who only played for one team in his career, Terry Bradshaw can’t understand why Tom Brady didn’t choose to do the same.

The former Steeler and Hall of Famer believes it must have been an “ego” issue for Brady, who left the Patriots after 20 years last week and signed with the Buccaneers.

“Why in the world does he want to keep on playing at 43 other than to prove to New England he’s more important than Bill Belichick?” Bradshaw told The Athletic. “That’s the way I would look at it. Why the hell do you want to go to Tampa? The only thing I can think of is ego gets involved and you decide, ‘I’ll show ’em who’s more important.’

“I would never have done that, and I was shocked he was leaving. Shocked. I’ve never known a great quarterback — a great quarterback — at the end of his career, go to another team and do anything. Now, Brady’s different — nine Super Bowls, six victories. He’s a different cat. But the offense they ran in New England was perfect for him.”

 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/terry-bradshaw-thinks-ego-led-tom-brady-away-from-patriots/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great question though. Why the hell would he want to go to Tampa? The career bone yard with only a bronze monument inside One Buc to the few who rose above the infernal conflagration for a moment of true glory which barely still reflects in wanting eyes?

Glad the old egotistical dumbass has his issues though. It's so much better than it could have been.

Super Bowl home game 2021!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Montana blames the Patriots but what does he know.

Here is the link. https://thespun.com/nfl/joe-montana-reacts-to-tom-brady-leaving-the-patriots

In an interview with USA Today, Montana declared that the Patriots made a mistake by letting Brady go. The Hall of Famer said he couldn’t understand how or why the team let him go in the first place.

“I don’t know what’s going on inside there, but somebody made a mistake,” Montana said. “I had a different story, where they had made a decision. He, obviously, they never would have gotten rid of. I still don’t understand how New England let him get away. I don’t understand that.”

Montana speculated that Brady may have left in an effort to get “more control” over the offense. He also suggested that finding a team with more weapons would be high on Brady’s wishlist too.

Ultimately though, Montana thinks that Brady is going to enjoy his years with the Buccaneers.

“I think it’s going to be fun for him,” Montana said. “Probably for the first time in a long time he’ll be having fun, if I understand what he’s been saying, or what I’ve been reading.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rook said:

Joe Montana blames the Patriots but what does he know.

Here is the link. https://thespun.com/nfl/joe-montana-reacts-to-tom-brady-leaving-the-patriots

In an interview with USA Today, Montana declared that the Patriots made a mistake by letting Brady go. The Hall of Famer said he couldn’t understand how or why the team let him go in the first place.

“I don’t know what’s going on inside there, but somebody made a mistake,” Montana said. “I had a different story, where they had made a decision. He, obviously, they never would have gotten rid of. I still don’t understand how New England let him get away. I don’t understand that.”

Montana speculated that Brady may have left in an effort to get “more control” over the offense. He also suggested that finding a team with more weapons would be high on Brady’s wishlist too.

Ultimately though, Montana thinks that Brady is going to enjoy his years with the Buccaneers.

“I think it’s going to be fun for him,” Montana said. “Probably for the first time in a long time he’ll be having fun, if I understand what he’s been saying, or what I’ve been reading.”

Warner's take makes sense. I mean, look at the personnel turnover Brady has to watch. The "do your job" thing, no stars, people move in and out like a cattle yard, Gronk retires, complete no name offense except for Edelman -- yeah I coud see that being a grind. Change of scenery feels good sometimes.  Now I just hope that he can throw more than a 25 yard wounded duck to Evans and Godwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree it's probably is an ego issue for him. How many years have people questioned if it was him or the system because he has been in the same one for his whole career with the Patriots. The whole ego thing goes both ways if Tom can even takes us to the playoffs he's proven how great he is but if Belichick takes a team to the Superbowl then he's able to say it had nothing to do with Tom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Truth is we don't know - He is in a waaayy tougher division now with a waaayy worse FO and coaching staff around him, in a waaayy different corporate culture.

However he has waaayy more weapons at his disposal, hopefully not negated by our waaayy inexperienced OC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tundra said:

The first time Leftwurst calls something that Brady thinks is stupid, Brady will call a time out, go over to the sidelines, and bury his banger in Leftwurst's mash. 

Hell yeah. How cool would that be. Brady should treat the whole damn sideline like an XFL squad. And be mic'd up like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Buc said:

Truth is we don't know - He is in a waaayy tougher division now with a waaayy worse FO and coaching staff around him, in a waaayy different corporate culture.

However he has waaayy more weapons at his disposal, hopefully not negated by our waaayy inexperienced OC

The Bucs offense ranked 3rd in the NFL last year. We have the same OC back. Any complaints about him are pretty fuckin' stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The Bucs offense ranked 3rd in the NFL last year. We have the same OC back. Any complaints about him are pretty fuckin' stupid.

GSS...you are absolutely correct...But it's ok to be funny sometimes....He Be....We Be.....You Be...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terry better stuf a bottle of Jack Daniels in his pants that he can pull out and break to slice Joe. I think old Joe is still really fit and will otherwise kick Terry's hick ass!

(I like Terry so just go with me on this)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady is highly competitive, is healthy, still wants to compete and came to a team with more weapons than he had. Bradshaw is funny, but not too bright.

Saying Josh McDaniels is somehow a better offensive mind than BA, Tom Moore, Cylde Christensen, Leftwich and Tom Brady, is laughable. 

I'm pretty sure there is just enough NFL experience there to throw together some decent game plans. 

Waaay excited to watch the Bucs play next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...