Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rook

Bucs ranked the 3 QBs in FA according to Peter King

Recommended Posts

Excerpted from the article:

Why Winston, still, at three? Because Arians loved him as a worker and competitor, and he had hope that he could be saved, and he knew the locker room loved him.

That last part is absolutely not true.  The locker room was about 50-50 on Winston, and the southside 50 despised the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Excerpted from the article:

Why Winston, still, at three? Because Arians loved him as a worker and competitor, and he had hope that he could be saved, and he knew the locker room loved him.

That last part is absolutely not true.  The locker room was about 50-50 on Winston, and the southside 50 despised the guy.

Personally I would have wanted Bridgewater first, as they won't have to do this again in two years with Teddy. Plus I've always loved Teddy.  

I would be interested in more details arounf the Winston loathing -- obviously the turnovers, but there must be more than that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston lost the job for the last two games at the Texans and the Falcons. I was surprised that he was high as 3rd. I am amazed that Bridgewater's age did not make him number 1. If Brady had not committed early to the Bucs, it would have been interesting to see if Bridgewater would have chosen the Bucs over Carolina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tundra said:

Personally I would have wanted Bridgewater first, as they won't have to do this again in two years with Teddy. Plus I've always loved Teddy.  

I would be interested in more details arounf the Winston loathing -- obviously the turnovers, but there must be more than that?

Most of the defense was in a permanently pissy state toward him because of the holes he put them in.  The offense was a mixed bag.  The skill guys were OK with him, the linemen not so much because his mistakes frequently made them look bad - specifically, taking sacks and hits whenever he tried to extend plays that shoulda been throwaways.  That made their own efficiency numbers look bad, which doesn't help at contract time.  Ryan Jensen in particular would badmouth him at any opportunity, though that might have had something to do with Winston regularly touching his nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, Tundra said:

Personally I would have wanted Bridgewater first, as they won't have to do this again in two years with Teddy. Plus I've always loved Teddy.  

I would be interested in more details arounf the Winston loathing -- obviously the turnovers, but there must be more than that?

I almost would have put money on Bridgewater.. Never thought Brady was even a remote possibility..  I figured all his posturing was just to create a lil leverage for his return to NE..

 

Gonna be soooo fucking weird rooting for  him. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Axe said:

I almost would have put money on Bridgewater.. Never thought Brady was even a remote possibility..  I figured all his posturing was just to create a lil leverage for his return to NE..

 

Gonna be soooo fucking weird rooting for  him. :blink:

I know. But, methinks, by the time the players hit the field again thatks to coronastupid, Brady will be 48 and retired. He'll probably never play a snap for the Buccaneers. The fuckening. It is inevitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...