Brady is leaving the Patriots.

1 minute ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Winston, is 26 freaking years old, and is coming off a massive season in a brand new system for the first time in his pro career, with one huge glaring problem.  The smartest thing to do would be to give him year two and have the QB guru (who spent all last year standing in front of microphone's telling us, that he told Jameis to just keep slinging it) get to work on fixing that problem.  There's plenty of risk, and Jameis might never fix the INT's - but the reward is infinitely higher for the long term if you can get Jameis over that hurdle, than if you can maybe squeeze a little more life out of an extremely old QB.

That's devoid of logic.  One guy is the winningest QB of all time.  If you can squeeze more life out of him, you're still squeezing life out of arguably the best at the position.

The other has spent his entire football career throwing picks.  He's never reached NFL success, much less maintained it.  Yet you're more willing to believe that he's still got more potential to be great over the guy that's actually been great for two decades?

That's not the wager of a guy with any skin in the game.  If Bruce and Jason gamble on Winston, they'll follow the rest of the folks that have done so right to a pink slip.

[[Template forums/front/topics/activity is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
1 minute ago, UncleBuc said:

I think there's some truth in Brady getting rid of it and giving up on plays early.   I think some of that last season was he didn't have anyone to throw to.     Ideally get Brady for a season or two and convince JW to take a pay cut and learn from the best.

Now, THAT I'd be okay with.  I just see signing Brady at the expense of Winston as giving up on the long term for one extremely unlikely Hail Mary shot.  that said, I bet Brady doesn't come to Tampa without a 2-3 year commitment, and I doubt Winston is willing to sit for that long.

1 minute ago, Justafan said:

That's devoid of logic.  One guy is the winningest QB of all time.  If you can squeeze more life out of him, you're still squeezing life out of arguably the best at the position.

The other has spent his entire football career throwing picks.  He's never reached NFL success, much less maintained it.  Yet you're more willing to believe that he's still got more potential to be great over the guy that's actually been great for two decades?

That's not the wager of a guy with any skin in the game.  If Bruce and Jason gamble on Winston, they'll follow the rest of the folks that have done so right to a pink slip.

Winston has made his share of boneheaded plays.  The Bucs have helped him in contributing to the losses and boneheadedness along the way.   If you can't see that you're delusional.

Just now, UncleBuc said:

Winston has made his share of boneheaded plays.  The Bucs have helped him in contributing to the losses and boneheadedness along the way.   If you can't see that you're delusional.

Sure.  He only threw more pick sixes than anyone in the entire history of the NFL, but it was everyone else's fault.

34 minutes ago, UncleBuc said:

I think there's some truth in Brady getting rid of it and giving up on plays early.   I think some of that last season was he didn't have anyone to throw to.     Ideally get Brady for a season or two and convince JW to take a pay cut and learn from the best.

He was under constant pressure and had zero outside threats. 

Yet 24 TDs and only 8 INTs and over 4000 yards. Give him 2 stud WRs and a couple TEs and he will exceed those numbers easily next year. 

If Brady is a Buc, I could see him putting up something like this: 27 TDs, 4,500 yards and 6-8 picks.