Sign in to follow this  
Axe

For Those That Can Stomach It

Made notes after quickly getting through this shitstorm.  Maybe I have misread some of these, but here's what I saw:

(I can't believe how many times the OL was actually doing their job and Winston just screwed the play up.  I highlighted pick sixes and INTs that appeared to occur without ANY pressure, but fully half of these interceptions were occurring when the OL was doing their job and providing adequate blocking.)

1) Deflected pass.
2) Absolutely horrible throw.  No pressure. Pick six.
3) Defensive pressure, should have eaten the sack, threw an pick six instead.
4) Poor throw, but there may have been some route issues too. 
5) Winston has all day, still throws a crap throw to a defender. No apparent pressure. Pick six.
6) First pass against the Panthers, Winston rushes a throw to avoid pressure.
7) Edge rusher gets a hand on the ball to create the INT.
8 ) Looked like he intentionally threw it to Kuechly.  Nobody near the defender in a Bucs jersey.
9) May have been tipped.  Shouldn't have been thrown.
10) Winston hangs it up in a crowded endzone.  Blech.
11) Winston in the endzone, OL is doing well and giving him time, he still tosses a pick.
12) Deep ball.  No pressure, DBs easily beat the WR to the ball.  Possibly miscommunication, but it looks ugly.
13) Defender may have got a hand on the ball.
14) Bullet gets tipped up and caught by D.  This one happens to anyone.
15) Howard can't get the ball in control, attempts a juggle and gives it up to the D.  
16) Crappy pass gets tipped by the D and intercepted.
17) Zero pressure.  Winston just wings it into the numbers of the defender. Pick six.
18) Jameis juggles the snap, throws his timing off by a second and results in the INT.
19) Zero pressure bad throw.
20) Jumping, shitty, fuckhead throw.  This one is so Jameis it is hard to watch.
21) Defender reached up to grab it, but again - Jameis had no pressure when this INT was tossed.
22) Blitzing defender pushes Winston to make a throw, but he doesn't see the defender dropping into coverage who scoops the pass. This would be in the dumb but nearly forgiveable territory if it wasn't a pick six.
23) Zero pressure.  Bad Throw.
24) Pressure resulted in INT.
25) Inexplicable pick six.
26) Zero pressure.  Threw right to the defender. Would have been a pick six but there was an illegal blindside block penalty.
27) Zero pressure.  Winston pass was slightly off and defender got the best of the play.
28) Quick pass, didn't see that the defender was ready for it.
29) Pressure up the middle forces bad throw.
30) Solid pocket.  Winston just doesn't notice that a defender has already started moving to cover the TE he was targeting.  Rough. Pick six.

1 hour ago, WalkinThePlankSince78 said:

LASIK surgery isn't going to cure his poor decision making, his poor accuracy on deep passes, or his "check the stats" mentality. I'll be happy with a QB to throw less TD's, less yards, and produce more wins. Wins...that's the stat that's important to most fans.

Lasik and new unis and we're looking at a 6 year $180M contract on the horizon. :rotflmao

:facepalm

16 hours ago, Justafan said:

Made notes after quickly getting through this shitstorm.  Maybe I have misread some of these, but here's what I saw:

(I can't believe how many times the OL was actually doing their job and Winston just screwed the play up.  I highlighted pick sixes and INTs that appeared to occur without ANY pressure, but fully half of these interceptions were occurring when the OL was doing their job and providing adequate blocking.)

1) Deflected pass.
2) Absolutely horrible throw.  No pressure. Pick six.
3) Defensive pressure, should have eaten the sack, threw an pick six instead.
4) Poor throw, but there may have been some route issues too. 
5) Winston has all day, still throws a crap throw to a defender. No apparent pressure. Pick six.
6) First pass against the Panthers, Winston rushes a throw to avoid pressure.
7) Edge rusher gets a hand on the ball to create the INT.
8 ) Looked like he intentionally threw it to Kuechly.  Nobody near the defender in a Bucs jersey.
9) May have been tipped.  Shouldn't have been thrown.
10) Winston hangs it up in a crowded endzone.  Blech.
11) Winston in the endzone, OL is doing well and giving him time, he still tosses a pick.
12) Deep ball.  No pressure, DBs easily beat the WR to the ball.  Possibly miscommunication, but it looks ugly.
13) Defender may have got a hand on the ball.
14) Bullet gets tipped up and caught by D.  This one happens to anyone.
15) Howard can't get the ball in control, attempts a juggle and gives it up to the D.  
16) Crappy pass gets tipped by the D and intercepted.
17) Zero pressure.  Winston just wings it into the numbers of the defender. Pick six.
18) Jameis juggles the snap, throws his timing off by a second and results in the INT.
19) Zero pressure bad throw.
20) Jumping, shitty, fuckhead throw.  This one is so Jameis it is hard to watch.
21) Defender reached up to grab it, but again - Jameis had no pressure when this INT was tossed.
22) Blitzing defender pushes Winston to make a throw, but he doesn't see the defender dropping into coverage who scoops the pass. This would be in the dumb but nearly forgiveable territory if it wasn't a pick six.
23) Zero pressure.  Bad Throw.
24) Pressure resulted in INT.
25) Inexplicable pick six.
26) Zero pressure.  Threw right to the defender. Would have been a pick six but there was an illegal blindside block penalty.
27) Zero pressure.  Winston pass was slightly off and defender got the best of the play.
28) Quick pass, didn't see that the defender was ready for it.
29) Pressure up the middle forces bad throw.
30) Solid pocket.  Winston just doesn't notice that a defender has already started moving to cover the TE he was targeting.  Rough. Pick six.

If the bozos who always complain about the oline would go back and do what you just did (you know actually watch and pat attention) with every pass play last year, you would see just how solid the pass pro was. 

Most sacks came from blitzes and holding the ball too long.

Sure there are times when an olineman just losing his one on one matchup. The other guys are pretty good and sometimes they get pressure.

5 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

If the bozos who always complain about the oline would go back and do what you just did (you know actually watch and pat attention) with every pass play last year, you would see just how solid the pass pro was. 

Most sacks came from blitzes and holding the ball too long.

Sure there are times when an olineman just losing his one on one matchup. The other guys are pretty good and sometimes they get pressure.

We've had OL issues for so long that I think most fans just accept it as a given.  And if there's anything this forum will teach you, the fact that some 'fans' aren't actually watching the games doesn't mean they won't comment.  

Could we use another top tackle?  Absolutely.  I don't think there are any franchises out there that couldn't.   

Regardless, I challenge anyone that has any credibility whatsoever to watch that clip and come away thinking that Jameis just needs better help on the OL to succeed.  It's not his protection that is the issue.  The running game could certainly use improvement, but that's not the issue either.  And I'd love it if the vision correction fixed him, but given his long history of making bad decisions I won't hold my breath.

The issue is Winston's judgement, plain and simple.  He makes the worst possible choice on a significant number of plays per game, and it usually costs us.  Better talent on the OL and at RB just aren't going to change that.

26 minutes ago, Justafan said:

Regardless, I challenge anyone that has any credibility whatsoever to watch that clip and come away thinking that Jameis just needs better help on the OL to succeed.  It's not his protection that is the issue.  The running game could certainly use improvement, but that's not the issue either.  And I'd love it if the vision correction fixed him, but given his long history of making bad decisions I won't hold my breath.

The issue is Winston's judgement, plain and simple.  He makes the worst possible choice on a significant number of plays per game, and it usually costs us.  Better talent on the OL and at RB just aren't going to change that.

Since it seems that I am the apologist I will reply ...I don't think its only the O-line and the Running game!! I do agree he makes some stupid decisions and he needs to cut back on that. I don't think the line is as good as others in this place think it is...Is it the worst in the NFL? No but in my opinion its avg at best..Again in my opinion if you were to put old man Brady back there he would not last 5 games.. If they dump Winston fine, its not like its going to change my life. I will still root for them team...I don't see a rookie coming in here and taking this team to the playoffs..I don't see Bridgewater or Rivers doing it either but who knows..I'm just sick of watching them lose season after season  

35 minutes ago, Justafan said:

We've had OL issues for so long that I think most fans just accept it as a given.  And if there's anything this forum will teach you, the fact that some 'fans' aren't actually watching the games doesn't mean they won't comment.  

Could we use another top tackle?  Absolutely.  I don't think there are any franchises out there that couldn't.   

I agree with all this.

Listening to BA this morning on NFL Network, he sounded like he was going to look at all options available to see if there is a QB that gives them a better chance to win. If not, he will try like hell to fix the turnover issues with Jaboo.

1 minute ago, NNUD28 said:

Since it seems that I am the apologist I will reply ...I don't think its only the O-line and the Running game!! I do agree he makes some stupid decisions and he needs to cut back on that. I don't think the line is as good as others in this place think it is...Is it the worst in the NFL? No but in my opinion its avg at best..Again in my opinion if you were to put old man Brady back there he would not last 5 games.. If they dump Winston fine, its not like its going to change my life. I will still root for them team...I don't see a rookie coming in here and taking this team to the playoffs..I don't see Bridgewater or Rivers doing it either but who knows..I'm just sick of watching them lose season after season  

Then you didn't watch many or any Pat games this year. Their oline pass protection wasn't better than the Bucs and they had a really hard time running the ball.

7 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Then you didn't watch many or any Pat games this year. Their oline pass protection wasn't better than the Bucs and they had a really hard time running the ball.

I watched a few I am not a Pats fan...I do know he wasn't taken down 40 something times and its not because he is elusive he does have a quicker release than Winston though. I am just not convinced if he came here that the 42 year old would be our savior.. 

8 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

I don't think the Bucs could sign Brady at all.  Financially it would be a bad decision, and I'm almost positive Brady isn't looking at small market teams.

Dallas has a pretty good OL and an owner willing to mortgage the future to get back to the Superbowl.  Cowherd called it, but I agree: if Brady's not a Patriot, I think he's a Cowboy.

Out of those names I think the best option would be Bridgewater, but only if they draft a player that could use extra time in practice before he goes live.  Bridgewater probably won't last the season as a starter in Arians' system.  

10 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

The Bucs aren't signing Brady so no idea why the fuck that's being discussed, but okey.

When dealing with the three stooges please don't count anything out!!! They fired the best coach this team has ever had...

The Pats oline wasn't better than the Bucs last year.

If you say so you must watch more pats game than I do 

Winston holds the ball too long.

That is why I said Brady had a quicker release