Sign in to follow this  
EnigmaMK85

Manchester United vs Bucaneers

Hey to my transatlantic cousins. I'm an English Manchester United FC fan and we are currently slumping. The biggest team in the country for years, but now utterly terrible. The atmosphere at the stadium and amongst fans online is rapidly becoming toxic. Really, the worst it's been for years. I know the Glazer family also have a big stake in you guys and I'm being kinda lazy to ask (I'm sure I could Google it but asking real fans is sometimes more fruitful), but how are they doing with managing you guys? We see them as absolute scum. Blood sucking vampires. We are currently the 6th most valuable sports team in the world. I'm pretty sure that before they took over we were much closer to the top of that list. The Glazer scum used a leveraged buyout to purchase the club. They borrowed loads of money to buy us, then loaded the debt onto the club. It was fine for a while because we had a legendary manager to paper over the cracks but after Sir Alex Ferguson left we are struggling. They aren't investing, they are leeching money and we are in real danger of slipping down the table. So sad to see. How does their management of us compare to the management of the Buc's by the Glazer family? I can see hate boiling up against them. It's not quite antisemitic but there is lots of hate for them and the "Jew cliche" is sometimes used by some fans to ignite anger. I don't like that because it really doesn't matter about their Jewishness. Their fucking bloodsucking incompetence is unforgivable though. Love United, Hate Glazer.

The Glazers are better than Hugh Culverhouse whose wife wanted to dig up his dead body and pump it full of lead. And his son Hugh Jr said dad is in hell.

By that standard, the Glazers are the best owners in franchise history but then Hugh Culverhouse is a difficult guy to beat as far as the worst crappy owner.

10 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

We have great respect here for the horned ones risen from infernal depths whom we call Glazertards as they clutch purses of gold with their cloven hooves and leave anguished fans in eternal despair.

Don't understand why they're not doing as well over you way.

Whatever the hell 63 is trying to say here:

503e74276585f.jpeg

Okay, so I'm gonna assume you guys are okay with these people?

I despise them so much with every fibre of my being. Maybe you guys were never good so it doesn't matter to you, but we were once giants. These midgets have made us midgets. A club in their horrific image, we have become.

Jeez, Culverhouse sounds awful! Maybe it's a cultural thing? Borrowing loads of money to buy something you cant afford, then loading that debt onto a previously successful institution is disgusting in my eyes. Even in the eyes of our biggest rivals (liverpool), who lament how far we have fallen. Maybe to you guys that kind of predatory behaviour is just good ol' 'Merican capitalism?

Fucking hate the glazers... Will do a little jig every time one of those aging, balding, vampire-looking motherfuckers dies. I don't wish death on anyone, but I will be slightly happier every time a piece of sub-human scum passes on. On the day Malcolm Glazer died, I had a right spring in my step. Dirty, thieving shitbag he was. Avram should be next....

1 minute ago, EnigmaMK85 said:

Jeez, Culverhouse sounds awful! Maybe it's a cultural thing? Borrowing loads of money to buy something you cant afford, then loading that debt onto a previously successful institution is disgusting in my eyes. Even in the eyes of our biggest rivals (liverpool), who lament how far we have fallen. Maybe to you guys that kind of predatory behaviour is just good ol' 'Merican capitalism?

First you degrade midgets and now you attack America. These Glazertards are sometimes rumored to be interested in moving the team to England. Seems you might deserve it.

This is our current favourite chant...

"Build a bonfire,
Build a bonfire,
Put the Glazer’s on the top,
Put Woodward in the middle,
And we'll burn the f*cking lot"

I know you guys don't really do much singing, but it's a great way to get them to know how you feel. 

22 minutes ago, EnigmaMK85 said:

They are the most hated sports club owners in the UK. Even our rivals hate them because of how they have shrunk the club. Unbridled capitalism and amoral borrowing.... The American dream!

I fucked the queen and the goofy bitch ate the load like a soupy curry. That's the American dream. 🤣 

If any Buc's fans want to actually have a chat and check in about the ownership and perhaps share some insight into how the two sports clubs are run, then I'll pop back in after a few days time. If it's just gonna be ambiguous waffle and shite banter, then nevermind. Also, despite the fact you think you're being really funny, I've been to American sports. Awful, awful witless chanting... "go Buc's go" , "go on you blues" , "oh when the Buc's go marching in" , "you don't know what you're doing". Utterly witless and without humour. Must do better.

The tard triplets ruined the team and they've been circling the drain for well over a decade.   It all went South when the dad had a stroke and became a jello slurping vegetable for his last days.    Once the kids took over it went to hell.    We aren't big fans, but as rook was trying to say, our original owner was the worst in all of sports.   So this is bad, but we've seen the worst, and this isn't that.

#ForzaJuve

I think you pretty much nailed the financials.  The Glazers leveraged their ownership of the Bucs to buy Manchester United, but put themselves in a serious financial hole to do it.   

As for the Bucs, I wouldn't say that they don't have a commitment to winning, but that the sons have managed the team quite poorly over the years after their father got sick and died.  Rich McKay was the general manager in place in 2001 when the Glazers traded away a lot of high value picks to hire Jon Gruden to be their head coach.   Gruden won a Super Bowl his first year as head coach in 2002.  But, McKay and Gruden couldn't get along together.  So, McKay was shown the door and the Glazers permitted Gruden to bring in a "yes man" to be his general manager when it came to drafting players and going after players in free agency.  Gruden the player personnel decision maker eventually got Gruden the head coach fired (despite Gruden at least making it to the playoffs his last 2 years).

Gruden got shown the door after the 2008 seasons and mediocrity ensued for the next decade, aside from one 10-6 and one 9-7 year (no playoffs either time).  Bad coaching hires followed.  No head coach has lasted more than 3 years.  And the general managers in place assembling the teams has sucked.  Of course, it didn't help when the Glazers, in 2014, hired Lovie Smith to be their head coach before they had a new general manager in place.

My general take is that the Glazers are trying to win, maybe even trying really hard, but it’s just not working yet.  This is particularly true over the last few years.  They  hired an experienced coach in Lovie Smith, they promoted Koetter to build stability around Jameis, and now they’ve brought in an experienced winner and QB guru with Arians to try it again.  They’ve built a new practice facility, they’ve let the team spend big on free agents and resigning key guys... 

But... we’re still not seeing a winning team out there.  Some of that is shit luck like this year’s schedule or a MRSA outbreak...some of it is distractions like Jameis’ Uber suspension... we’ve lost more games than is reasonable do to kicking... we had a promising young linebacker hurt himself in a car crash that effectively ended his career, and this year one of our best players missed half the season after hurting his neck in another car accident... the league gave the Bucs an absolutely brutal schedule this season that included a 2 month road trip... it’s always something and half the time it seems random.

I think the arrow is pointing up finally, but we certainly won’t know until it does.  Bottom line, unlike back when they spent a ton to buy Man U, I don’t feel like they’re running this team on the cheap anymore.  I think if this year doesn’t show a major step forward, they need to find a new GM.