Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Credit to Licht, BA and Bowles

White and SMB named to All Rookie team. 

Dean also came on strong in the last few weeks of the season. 

With Davis, SMB, Dean, Whitehead, White, Vita, they have some nice pieces to build a strong defense. I expect Nelson and Edwards to play a bigger role next year as well. 

If there isn't an olineman they like at 14, I expect them to add another good young defensive player. 

Not that Pro Football Focus means much but they rated Jamal Dean as the best rookie corner in the NFL. No one was even a close second. They did that even though his first start against Seattle in Week 9 they acknowledge was a disaster. His grades were off the charts given how late he came in the season to start.

On 1/16/2020 at 8:08 AM, fanofdabucs said:

White and SMB named to All Rookie team

Places them in good Buc company. Sort of. It's kinda iffy.

The last Buc to be named was in 2016. Good ole Vern Hargreaves. 

Going back ten years with Vern, you have Winston, Marpet, Donovan Smith, Kwon Alexander (all in '15), Mike Evans ('14), Lurch ('13), Muscle Hamster, Lavonte David ('12), Blount, Mike Williams ('10), Clifton Peanut Smith ('08), Gaines Adams, and Aaron Sears ('07). We were excited by all of them. (In one way or another. :groucho)

6 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Places them in good Buc company. Sort of. It's kinda iffy.

The last Buc to be named was in 2016. Good ole Vern Hargreaves. 

Going back ten years with Vern, you have Winston, Marpet, Donovan Smith, Kwon Alexander (all in '15), Mike Evans ('14), Lurch ('13), Muscle Hamster, Lavonte David ('12), Blount, Mike Williams ('10), Clifton Peanut Smith ('08), Gaines Adams, and Aaron Sears ('07). We were excited by all of them. (In one way or another. :groucho)

Gee thanks Debbie Downer.

So that list includes the next Peyton Manning, a turnover machine who is our best hope, a dead guy, a guy who went whacky, a guy who went gansta, a guy we cut this year..

Greeaaat!

I remember when the Bucs went 0-26, I remember when they couldn't win a game when the weather was below 41 degrees ,I remember when we never ran back a kickoff for a touch down....until we did...Just maybe 2020 is the year  we begin a Dynasty of the Greatest of all time.....we certainly have a great foundation of top players...

2 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

I remember when the Bucs went 0-26, I remember when they couldn't win a game when the weather was below 41 degrees ,I remember when we never ran back a kickoff for a touch down....until we did...Just maybe 2020 is the year  we begin a Dynasty of the Greatest of all time.....we certainly have a great foundation of top players...

Can I get some of what yer smokin please? :winkwink

Just kidding, I don't smoke :ohcrap

9 hours ago, jobuc597 said:

My best Buzz is from doing a gig and having 10 to 250 fans clapping and whistling....I know you know.....

I'd like to say there's nothing like it but, I've been lucky enough to play both sports and music in front of large crowds. They are very similar in so much as the feedback is instant in both. Good or bad ;)  Less bad on the musical end because you are usually so over rehearsed that you can perform even the most difficult passages pretty much in your sleep. But when the equipment Gremlins strike.. :facepalm