Sign in to follow this  
rook

42 points and over 600 yards of offense

His game won't translate to the NFL. Any QB who throws 49 passes under the kind of pressure he saw without throwing even 1 measly interception doesn't have the balls to squeeze it into tight windows or just let it fly. Maybe a good coach can coach it out of him but that's a big risk if he's going #1 overall. Kinda makes one appreciate the Bucs situation at that position.

He reminds in some ways of Patrick Mahomes. He has great arm talent, sees the whole field, and has a ridiculous ability to improvise when a play falls apart. he also has great toughness and intangibles. Barring injury, I think he'll be a very good pro. His skill set translates really well.

As with any QB coming into the NFL, he career could hinge on what team and coaching staff drafts him. However, I don't see anything in Burrows game which would indicate he would not be successful and likely very successful in the NFL.

In an odd way his biggest problem may be his toughness. He seems too willing to take a hit and he's not a real big guy. He doesn't appear to be like Russell Wilson, in particular, or Mahomes who never seem to really get crushed.

3 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

Clemson dropped a pick 6 last night.    Burrow is good.   Anyone thinking he's walking on an NFL field and it's going to continue to be easy for him is dreaming.

I was not joking when I said it was one of the worst games he had all season. I thought Clemson and Georgia played him better than any of the teams he played against this year but he still tore them apart. I think the Amoeba defense where you lined up a lot of the guys in the box but vary the number of people you send in a pass rush gave him the most trouble.

7 hours ago, tfree32 said:

He reminds in some ways of Patrick Mahomes. He has great arm talent, sees the whole field, and has a ridiculous ability to improvise when a play falls apart. he also has great toughness and intangibles. Barring injury, I think he'll be a very good pro. His skill set translates really well.

As long as the Browns don't draft him.