Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Willis absolutely deserves it. He was amazing.

Lynch will probably eventually get in. He’s respected as a good guy and the success with the 49ers adds to his resume and has to help. But I think he has to wait for Polamalu.

I don’t think Ronde makes it. He’s not even a finalist and memories of him will fade with time. His overall stats as a player are impressive, but he was never truly dominant. He was also likely the 4th best player on that defense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tfree32 said:

Willis absolutely deserves it. He was amazing.

Lynch will probably eventually get in. He’s respected as a good guy and the success with the 49ers adds to his resume and has to help. But I think he has to wait for Polamalu.

I don’t think Ronde makes it. He’s not even a finalist and memories of him will fade with time. His overall stats as a player are impressive, but he was never truly dominant. He was also likely the 4th best player on that defense.

   47 picks and 28 sacks as a corner.   8 TDs.     Great tackler and did it for a long time.   There are corners in without those numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2020 at 8:34 AM, UncleBuc said:

   47 picks and 28 sacks as a corner.   8 TDs.     Great tackler and did it for a long time.   There are corners in without those numbers.

I agree his stats are impressive. I just think Ronde is seen as a Cover 2 system CB who wasn’t ever asked to shut down great receivers. I think the voters are looking for Deion Sanders/Champ Bailey types. Unless they watched him play, it’s harder to appreciate Ronde’s value. I did watch Ronde play, and I still think whether he’s HOF worthy is questionable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think half the case for Lynch is the coach on the field argument and that he seemed to make the players around him better while Ronde seemed to be padding his stats at the end.  And, Lynch transitioned well to another team proving that the system didn't make him look good.  The cover 2 argument might have some merit though.  Seemed like the Bucs lost a few CBs to free agency (Dexter Jackson for one) and they never produced elsewhere.   And maybe like Dungy, Lynch is a guy they want at the podium.  I'm okay with either getting in, but I don't really feel they'd be robbed if they don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bucaroo Bonzai said:

I think half the case for Lynch is the coach on the field argument and that he seemed to make the players around him better while Ronde seemed to be padding his stats at the end.  And, Lynch transitioned well to another team proving that the system didn't make him look good.  The cover 2 argument might have some merit though.  Seemed like the Bucs lost a few CBs to free agency (Dexter Jackson for one) and they never produced elsewhere.   And maybe like Dungy, Lynch is a guy they want at the podium.  I'm okay with either getting in, but I don't really feel they'd be robbed if they don't.

Dexter Jackson was a Safety. Dwight Smith was a CB but had moved to safety before he left in FA.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not going to happen as he is not popular with the NFL Hall of Fame voters but Simeon Rice deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. He was a dominant pass rusher who was very dominant with splash plays against the Niners (sack and forced fumble),  Eagles, strip sack and fumble recovery, and multiple sacks against the Raiders including one that foiled a TD pass and a two point conversion and rushed Gannon into a Dexter Jackson pick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...