I think the Bucs move on from Winston but I am still trying to figure out who might actually take him. I will say this for all his mistakes which have put us in a lot of these situations he has also go screwed over by this team plenty of times as well. How many field goals where missed or defenses that gave up plenty of leads? 

I am curious about Alex Smith because I bet the Redskins are going to move on from him and if he is healthy if that is an option the Bucs could look at. 

When it comes Howard I bet you could trade him to Patriots for a second round pick. 

11 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

You might. I wouldn't count on Light getting his real value. So many years builds a lot of cynicism. 

I get it, I was four years old when the Bucs were established been a fan ever since. My wife gives me crap all the time about yelling at the TV when they play. Then I have tell her good thing you never seen my dad watch a game he was a true Bucs fan. It's a Bucs life deal with the good and the a lot of bad.

1 hour ago, BFFL said:

I think the Bucs move on from Winston but I am still trying to figure out who might actually take him. I will say this for all his mistakes which have put us in a lot of these situations he has also go screwed over by this team plenty of times as well. How many field goals where missed or defenses that gave up plenty of leads? 

I am curious about Alex Smith because I bet the Redskins are going to move on from him and if he is healthy if that is an option the Bucs could look at. 

When it comes Howard I bet you could trade him to Patriots for a second round pick. 

Alex Smith doesn't remotely fit what Arians does which is throw the ball down the field. Think the coach would adjust? Think again. The Bucs have two excellent pass catching TEs. When Arians was hired it was mentioned that his offenses, save a year or two with Pittsburgh and Heath Miller, doesn't utilize the TEs in the receiving game. Many Bucs fans including me thought he'd adjust. So then he went out and proved us all wrong by not utilizing the Bucs TEs certainly to the level they could have been or should have been.

So no, Arians isn't going to adjust. It was absolutely assinine to not utilize the TEs more once their two Pro Bowl WRs went down.

The pick 6 to end the game was horrible to be there and watch. But what has irked me even a bit more, if possible, was his post game comments about "Look at my numbers, I'm ballin'".

Seriously?? Are you all about YOUR numbers? The only number that matters in the NFL is WINS, and hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. That comment leads me to think he is more about himself than the team, any team, if the Bucs let him walk. GMs will take notice of that.

I usually feel apathetic after the end of a Bucs season, but I am more angry than usual this year. If even Bruce Arians can't fix him, what hope does this franchise have?

Wasn't a big fan of the press conference comments myself.

Someone mentioned in one of the threads that the decision regarding Winston will be or should be quick and I disagree. Arians is not going to put himself in a position in which he doesn't know at all who the QB will be or be in a position in which he's trying to ease a rookie through a first season with the typical "seasoned vet" taking the reigns for a few games. I just don't think that happens at all. So the Bucs are in a bit of a bind.

Franchise date is by March 10th. Free Agency begins March 18th. That in itself will tell you the Bucs have to franchise him if he doesn't agree to terms prior to March 10th. They can rescind it if they find an option they like better afterwards but I doubt they don't have a starting QB on their roster on March 18th when FA begins and barring some wacky trade ideas, I doubt it is anyone but Winston under the tag.

26 minutes ago, BucForce said:

The pick 6 to end the game was horrible to be there and watch. But what has irked me even a bit more, if possible, was his post game comments about "Look at my numbers, I'm ballin'".

Seriously?? Are you all about YOUR numbers? The only number that matters in the NFL is WINS, and hoisting the Lombardi Trophy. That comment leads me to think he is more about himself than the team, any team, if the Bucs let him walk. GMs will take notice of that.

I usually feel apathetic after the end of a Bucs season, but I am more angry than usual this year. If even Bruce Arians can't fix him, what hope does this franchise have?

Playing devil’s advocate what is he going to say its last game of the season contract is up. He could have thrown Gay under the bus and said we should never been in that situation. Let’s face it 9 points got left on the field if two of those field goals are made we are not even talking about the last throw. He has 101 turnovers to fault him through is career probably another 30 that could have been turnovers but of the 48 loses during his five years he also has how many missed fields and blown 14 point leads or last minute drive leads that have been blown by the defense. His contract is up what should he  talk about stats or int at the end of a game.

30 minutes ago, BucForce said:

Unbelievably stupid, self serving and not becoming of a leader.

I wonder what kind of numbers Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Mahomes...all would put up if they had two pro bowl WRs to throw to and just chuck it up with reckless abandon 40-50 times a game. I bet they too would have 5k in yardage, and a hell of a lot more turnovers.

This defense is coming on. They can add a few more pieces and really have a solid unit next year. They have 2 Pro Bowl WRs. We just need a QB to run the offense an not turn  the ball over 3-4 times a game. I'm not saying a game manager type at all, but someone who can move the team without being so reckless.

Here is a list of QB FA for this year:

Eli Manning (probably retires)

Philip Rivers (Chargers resigns or Colts) 

Teddy Bridgewater (Has it good as QB in waiting)             

Jameis Winston (probably will be back)

Marcus Mariota (injury prone and could not move the ball)

Chase Daniel (career backup)

Case Keenum (lost his starting job career backup)

Ryan Tannehill   (Titans will resign)

Brett Hundley (unknown been behind Rogers, Wilson and now Murray)

Blake Bortles (might as well sign Winston)           

Sean Mannion (back up Rams and Vikings)

Dak Prescott (Dallas will resign)                                                                                

Taysom Hill (Saints all-purpose player)  

Nick Mullens (got thrown into the fire last year not bad for a team who only had Kittle)

Kyle Allen (he did not play bad for Carolina)