Winston's first throw and potentially last throw of his Bucs career

I was there for both, and those might be the last 2 Bucs games that I attended. I was in a state of semi-shock both times, but by now, I should know that he is what he is. He can spew whatever cliches he wants about knowing what he did wrong, working on getting better, that he and his teammates have confidence in him, yada yada BS. The only way the Bucs improve their record with him is to improve the defense, so that his constant turnovers can maybe be overcome by holding an opponent off when they are actually put in decent field position. No defense can stop 7 pick sixes in a season, but if they can hold an opponent to a FG when Winston puts them in a position trying to stop a red zone drive right off the bat, we would stand a fighting chance. I just don't think Arians will wait long to decide on Winston. He saw this year what we've seen for five years, and even he is frustrated that he can't seem to fix what is wrong.

20 minutes ago, BucForce said:

I was there for both, and those might be the last 2 Bucs games that I attended. I was in a state of semi-shock both times, but by now, I should know that he is what he is. He can spew whatever cliches he wants about knowing what he did wrong, working on getting better, that he and his teammates have confidence in him, yada yada BS. The only way the Bucs improve their record with him is to improve the defense, so that his constant turnovers can maybe be overcome by holding an opponent off when they are actually put in decent field position. No defense can stop 7 pick sixes in a season, but if they can hold an opponent to a FG when Winston puts them in a position trying to stop a red zone drive right off the bat, we would stand a fighting chance. I just don't think Arians will wait long to decide on Winston. He saw this year what we've seen for five years, and even he is frustrated that he can't seem to fix what is wrong.

How many other teams have receiver who take the ball and not let the int happen. Throws to no where mean the receive didn't follow the play

3 hours ago, Seafarer said:

That play should have been thrown out games ago. Same play get int every time. Can't blame that one all on Jamis, play caller just as bad. Should have gone for the bomb

3 hours ago, Seafarer said:

How many other teams have receiver who take the ball and not let the int happen. Throws to no where mean the receive didn't follow the play

If you're attempting to claim that Brate should have done something to break up the play then you have no idea what you're talking about. If you're attempting to state something else, you'll have to start over.

5 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

If you're attempting to claim that Brate should have done something to break up the play then you have no idea what you're talking about. If you're attempting to state something else, you'll have to start over.

It could be what Favre's suggestion on how to avoid picks. There were certain plays that Favre had a tendency to throw picks even though he could make the throw. When Holmgren wanted to reduce Favre's picks, he called those plays less. He never eliminated those plays from the playbook but he called them less.  As the article notes, Jameis issue are the short underneath passes esp the Pick 6s and not the deeper routes. The Watson pick was Watson running the wrong route. The Brate pick was all Jameis.

Vinny had a bad habit of throwing picks on out routes. Used to hate to see them called because picks of Vinny on out routes were almost always Pick 6s for the defense.

Spoiler alert Jameis had 24 picks at the time of the Favre interview.

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/12/11/brett-favre-knows-interceptions-whats-his-take-on-jameis-winston/

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

Winston's elongated delivery works against him on the short routes and he compounded it by staring down Brate the entire time. It looked like Jones was actually holding off jumping the route while he waited for Jameis to complete the throw.

Any tip had zero affect on the play.

Maybe yes maybe no.   Ball is certainly getting there quicker with no tip, and likely to Brates outside shoulder.   Maybe it still gets jumped, maybe it doesn't.    There is simply no way of proving what you say here.   

If you want to argue it's late and should have been out earlier, maybe a solid point.   Bad read probably.   DE getting a paw up and deflecting the ball was part of the play.

Matty Ice had his share batted at as well.     He was fortunate on a few occasions the Bucs D didn't turn him over more.

8 hours ago, UncleBuc said:

Maybe yes maybe no.   Ball is certainly getting there quicker with no tip, and likely to Brates outside shoulder.   Maybe it still gets jumped, maybe it doesn't.    There is simply no way of proving what you say here.   

If you want to argue it's late and should have been out earlier, maybe a solid point.   Bad read probably.   DE getting a paw up and deflecting the ball was part of the play.

Matty Ice had his share batted at as well.     He was fortunate on a few occasions the Bucs D didn't turn him over more.

Stop! Just STOP!

The mutherfuker threw THIRTY interceptions.

THIRTY!!

You guys that want to claim he was a victim of circumstance on every damn one of them are delusional :facepalm

The DE barely touched that ball and probably made it a little harder for the DB jumping the route to make the catch in front of Brate. 

Staring down the receiver is Jaboob's fault. The slow delivery is Jaboob's fault. The pick is Jaboob's fault. You can try the if game on every fucking bad play and we go 16-0.

Stick with reality and it's 30 and another losing season.

Some INTs were not Winston's fault... then again several should have been interceptions were dropped by defenders... several jump balls were won by his receivers making great plays.

I am in the Winston has been made by his receivers more than Winston made his receivers. Perhaps I am wrong, but that is my current opinion.

As the first playoff game is about to begin, here's something to ponder. Josh Allen was drafted with the Bucs first round pick in '18. This year Allen only threw for 3K yards but had only 9 picks. Still managed 20 TDs and 9 more TDs on the ground. Crappy Bills team makes the playoffs this year.

What if we had taken him instead of making the trade and moved Winston for a couple picks?

A - We still woulda sucked

B- Josh Allen would suck

C- Winston would make the HOF

D- All of the above