Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

Couldn't have ended better for the Bucs

Minus the kicker having a shitty game, it was a near perfect day for the Bucs.

They defense was absolutely awesome. They constantly beat the shit out of Ryan and despite being asked to be on the field most of the game and put in horrible field position all game, they played great. Save the one blown assignment on the trick play to the tackle eligible, they held the Falcons to FGs.

The oline continued to play well. Winston worked from a clean pocket on a lot if his throws and they were opening holes for the RBs.

But losing that game helped their draft position and the way it ended should help in their negotiations with Jaboo. Had he taken the Bucs down the field to victory, that would have meant a pick in the 20s, but more importantly, the lasting memory of Jaboo's last play of the year was a poor decision and poor throw that led to a pick 6 and a loss.

Well done boys 

50 minutes ago, Chas said:

I only had one issue with your post...

"the way it ended should help in their negotiations with Jaboo."

No, the only way they should keep Jameis is if he takes backup money.

That aint happening. 

He will either be tagged and paid 30 mil for a year or sign a long muli year deal with incentivies and a way for the Bucs to get out of the deal. 

Or he will just be allowed to walk. 

Either way that last throw wasn't the way way Winston or his agent wanted to head into FA.

25 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

That aint happening. 

He will either be tagged and paid 30 mil for a year or sign a long muli year deal with incentivies and a way for the Bucs to get out of the deal. 

Or he will just be allowed to walk. 

Either way that last throw wasn't the way way Winston or his agent wanted to head into FA.

No, that last throw has to sting. But the dumbass is heading into FA with a 5K yard season and a shit load of TD's. He's Peyton Manning. :rotflmao   No. Brett Favre! :ROTFLMAO:

If the Bucs bring him back I think they will let him test the waters. I keep thinking in my head who is really going to want to sign him for the money he wants. I believe the Bucs actually might have the leverage when it comes to negotiations. 

4 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Minus the kicker having a shitty game, it was a near perfect day for the Bucs.

They defense was absolutely awesome. They constantly beat the shit out of Ryan and despite being asked to be on the field most of the game and put in horrible field position all game, they played great. Save the one blown assignment on the trick play to the tackle eligible, they held the Falcons to FGs.

The oline continued to play well. Winston worked from a clean pocket on a lot if his throws and they were opening holes for the RBs.

But losing that game helped their draft position and the way it ended should help in their negotiations with Jaboo. Had he taken the Bucs down the field to victory, that would have meant a pick in the 20s, but more importantly, the lasting memory of Jaboo's last play of the year was a poor decision and poor throw that led to a pick 6 and a loss.

Well done boys 

The lowest the Bucs could have picked was 19 and possibly 16th with a win.

I don't think the win vs. loss really helps or hurts Winston's negotiation. If they want him back at all it doesn't change the number.

1 hour ago, BFFL said:

If the Bucs bring him back I think they will let him test the waters. I keep thinking in my head who is really going to want to sign him for the money he wants. I believe the Bucs actually might have the leverage when it comes to negotiations. 

I don't agree. I think someone would give him a pretty big FA deal.

3 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

The lowest the Bucs could have picked was 19 and possibly 16th with a win.

I don't think the win vs. loss really helps or hurts Winston's negotiation. If they want him back at all it doesn't change the number.

Ok so the loss helps them pick a few spots higher than had they won.

I certainly think throwing yet another pick 6, this time on the first play of overtime, doesn't help Winston's cause. Sure it's just one throw and one more pick 6, but it's the last play of the season. It came at a horrible time. You don't EVER make that mistake deep in your own territory on the first play of OT. It further shows that you just can't yet (maybe ever) trust the guy to not fuck up.

I know, I know, he moves the ball, throws for a bunch of yards. But can you trust that guy to not matter, especially in critical situations? Bucs might work their asses off all year and make the playoffs finally, then Winston has one of his 3-5 pick game with a pick 6.

6 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I don't agree. I think someone would give him a pretty big FA deal.

Maybe but I keep thinking who? I keep going through each team I don't see very many. 

Chargers if they move from Rivers but they have Taylor

Bengals are drafting 

Patriots if Brady retires

Panthers if they move from Cam 

I just don't see a lot of teams willing to take a chance on a guy like him except Gruden if he wanted to move from Carr. 

I just think other QB would go before him Dalton (at least taken teams to playoffs), Rivers, Manning 

34 minutes ago, BFFL said:

Maybe but I keep thinking who? I keep going through each team I don't see very many. 

Chargers if they move from Rivers but they have Taylor

Bengals are drafting 

Patriots if Brady retires

Panthers if they move from Cam 

I just don't see a lot of teams willing to take a chance on a guy like him except Gruden if he wanted to move from Carr. 

I just think other QB would go before him Dalton (at least taken teams to playoffs), Rivers, Manning 

Agree, I really only see Gruden bringing in Captain Crablegs in as a starter- However, Gruden hates turnovers.  Bill Belichick wouldn't tolerate that kind of INT ratio.  The Bucs should sit back and see how many offers Winston gets before offering him a contract. 

5 years $150 million and 60 guaranteed. The last throw,  the Giants game and having 30 int.. cost him 15 million in guaranteed money. If he wins it won’t matter.. They will franchise Shaq, resign Suh, cut Brate and I hope Resign JPP but doubtful. I was 100% wrong about Perriman and completely right about OJ being a bust. They have cut the cancers out, Hargreaves and Desean and have a great nucleus of players bringing it every game. Donovan Smith has taken it his game to another level and the Bucs have the best chance to succeed next year since I can remember. Suh is the key and I am overjoyed that he replaced Gerald. Pay the man the money he has earned and the Defense will hold up there end next year. Keep letting Jameis use his legs and keep going for big plays. If OJ can’t catch get rid of him and find another TE that can go 20 yards down the middle and catch the ball over his head.  Hopefully the Saints win the Super Bowl and Brees retires.

I agree let Winston test free agency. I agree not too many spots for him to land as a starter. Most likely starting job would be Chicago. He is NO where near the money he thinks he is worth. Whats his record as a starter? He has lead the NFL in turnovers for how many years? More importantly how many playoff appearances?  If all the answers are negative in nature...well he needs to walk or assume a back up role.  Or take league minuim

38 minutes ago, JOEinPHX said:

Arians said it was the worst possible way to end a season. fanof says it couldn't have ended better.

Who am I supposed to believe?

I don't believe much coach speak. Arians' works for the Glazertards which would indicate extremely dubious judgement. So...

On 12/30/2019 at 7:28 AM, Chas said:

I only had one issue with your post...

"the way it ended should help in their negotiations with Jaboo."

No, the only way they should keep Jameis is if he takes backup money.

Not many backups ever threw for 5,000 yards with 30 TD's.  Jameis isn't even the leader for most INT's in a season by a Buccaneer QB... he's got some work to do to catch Testaverde's 35 in 1988.