Sign in to follow this  
fanofdabucs

The defense was spectacular

They held a very good Texans offense to really one drive. They held Hopkins to season low 23 yards. They held Hyde to 1.7 yards per carry. They were constantly in Watson's face with pressure and if it wasn't for his great scrambling ability, they would've had even more than the 5 sacks they got. They overcame the fact that everytime they forced a punt or created a TO, Winston gave it right back. 

These defense is growing every week and it's fun to watch. 

Any who babbles on about how things haven't changed, must not be watching or only partly watching or not have much time to watch or not willing to pay to watch...or..nevermind 

8 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

They held a very good Texans offense to really one drive. They held Hopkins to season low 23 yards. They held Hyde to 1.7 yards per carry. They were constantly in Watson's face with pressure and if it wasn't for his great scrambling ability, they would've had even more than the 5 sacks they got. They overcame the fact that everytime they forced a punt or created a TO, Winston gave it right back. 

Any who babbles on about how things haven't changed, must not be watching or only partly watching or not have much time to watch or not willing to pay to watch...or..nevermind 

Just to be clear I watched the entire game ...I'm agreeing with you....If we had This defense at the start of the year we would Be in the playoffs.....The only Running back that ran on us was Kamara.....all the other great running Backs were pretty much shut down....and now were are pretty hard to pass on too......and Quarterbacks are running for their lives.....so yeah the defense has been pretty spectacular

This was a game I didn't think the Bucs would win particularly being down a couple of their better players. The fact that the defense, particularly the secondary, appears to have taken some significant strides forward is certainly encouraging. As with all young players or units, they can be inconsistent and I wouldn't be surprised if they get lit up for 400 yards the final week but they clearly are a step or two above anything we've seen for about 10 years.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

We played a good team yesterday. Winston threw for lots of yards and multiple interceptions. We lost. The Glazers still own the team. Licht is still the GM. Has anything of significance really changed?

4 hours ago, tfree32 said:

We played a good team yesterday. Winston threw for lots of yards and multiple interceptions. We lost. The Glazers still own the team. Licht is still the GM. Has anything of significance really changed?

You didn't watch, it was a good game! The defense played lights out!! Winston could go 500 for 500 with 250 touchdowns on the year and you would still hate him....Better get used to him cause they are keeping him....I don't get why you just don't move on to another team if you hate this one so much...I get bitching about losing but you bitch about everything I can't remember the last positive post you've made..... 

4 hours ago, tfree32 said:

Well, yeah, those things are significant. But this defense really did make a statement yesterday. And it's not that they can have the QB give the other team 10 and be humble enough to let the story be the QB also played spectacularly enough to make it an ever so close 3 point game.

They showed real progress in the secondary. They showed the last 2 drafts to help the D may have been more successful than we've seen in a long time.

And they showed they'll play their asses off for 60 minutes. Guess that's enough for 1 game.

32 minutes ago, NNUD28 said:

You didn't watch, it was a good game! The defense played lights out!! Winston could go 500 for 500 with 250 touchdowns on the year and you would still hate him....Better get used to him cause they are keeping him....I don't get why you just don't move on to another team if you hate this one so much...I get bitching about losing but you bitch about everything I can't remember the last positive post you've made..... 

Hard to root for a team led by a stupid and rapey interception machine. But I like Suh, David, White, and a number of other players. So I’ll stick it out.

The problem is that the Bucs will never compete for a championship with Winston. In my view, the team playing well (or better) just costs us draft position and delays replacing him. That also delays us competing for championships.

28 minutes ago, bucs63 said:

Well, yeah, those things are significant. But this defense really did make a statement yesterday. And it's not that they can have the QB give the other team 10 and be humble enough to let the story be the QB also played spectacularly enough to make it an ever so close 3 point game.

They showed real progress in the secondary. They showed the last 2 drafts to help the D may have been more successful than we've seen in a long time.

And they showed they'll play their asses off for 60 minutes. Guess that's enough for 1 game.

I agree with all of that. Good points.