Sign in to follow this  
rook

Better get a Brinx Truck for Barrett

The likely cap casualty will be JPP. He has been outstanding since coming back but his revised deal made him a free agent. No way they can sign Barrett and JPP. Cameron Brate is likely to go bye bye as well. Jaboo lost his big money. It would also make more economic sense to Franchise him for one year or let him go than to risk signing him long term. I think Carolina is having second thought about getting rid of Cam Newton after yesterday's loss to Washington. The Bucs definitely need a RT as well.

It would be nice if a vet like Tannehill was around but the Titans are about to make that guy rich as the Titans look like an offense since Tannehill has been the starter replacing Mariota. Tannehill will be a free agent but I would think Tannehill would rather have the Titans defense even though he would put up great numbers with the Bucs offense. It is also a very winnable division every year.

1 hour ago, rook said:

The likely cap casualty will be JPP. He has been outstanding since coming back but his revised deal made him a free agent. No way they can sign Barrett and JPP. Cameron Brate is likely to go bye bye as well. Jaboo lost his big money. It would also make more economic sense to Franchise him for one year or let him go than to risk signing him long term. I think Carolina is having second thought about getting rid of Cam Newton after yesterday's loss to Washington. The Bucs definitely need a RT as well.

It would be nice if a vet like Tannehill was around but the Titans are about to make that guy rich as the Titans look like an offense since Tannehill has been the starter replacing Mariota. Tannehill will be a free agent but I would think Tannehill would rather have the Titans defense even though he would put up great numbers with the Bucs offense. It is also a very winnable division every year.

I'd hate JPP not being here ….My perception of him is he's about the game not the money …..reality is he'll likely be gone as you say...

Barrett is going to get paid....and he should....

On 12/2/2019 at 10:09 AM, jobuc597 said:

I'd hate JPP not being here ….My perception of him is he's about the game not the money …..reality is he'll likely be gone as you say...

Barrett is going to get paid....and he should....

JPP is not only still playing at a high level, he has undoubtedly become the leader of the team. 

At 31, coming off a major injury, maybe he would take a 2-3 year deal that would allow him to stay in his home town at a discounted price.

Barrett will get the big, longterm deal, but the reality is they will need to pay another pass rusher to replace JPP. I'd rather see them keep both JPP and Barrett and let Nassib go and replace him with a young guy like Nelson.

I was skeptical of JPP coming back at all this year but the guy still has it. The only other sack fumble that was a scoop and score TD (Barrett has 2 that were TDs for Suh and White) came from JPP on Matt Ryan (Suh got the TD). And Devin White's pick against the Jags came from JPP hitting Foles arm as he was throwing the ball. JPP makes Barrett a better player. I kind of like Nassib as a player. Defense has been decent on the DL and the LB but the secondary until recently was the massive dumpster fire.

8 hours ago, rook said:

the secondary until recently was the massive dumpster fire.

The secondary was made up of rookies and 2nd year guys playing in a completely different system.

I like the future of Dean, SMB and Davis. Edwards has been slower to transition but has been better the last couple games. Whitehead has been solid. I still have high hopes for Justin Evans.

They need to add a vet CB to the mix in the offseason.

On 12/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, fanofdabucs said:

I like the future of Dean, SMB and Davis. Edwards has been slower to transition but has been better the last couple games. Whitehead has been solid. I still have high hopes for Justin Evans.

Same here, I’m beginning to like the development of our young secondary. And damn, I forgot Justin Evans was still on the team! He’s always hurt.

The Bucs have played a few shit teams....lets not forget that …..But The Bucs have made the shit teams look like shit teams....That in it's self is a major upgrade as is our Defense....secondary has looked pretty good with the exception of Ryan Smith coming in for an injured Dean, Smith is a big downgrade...hopefully Dean can come back this week.....Front 7 are freaking me out with some serious play....They look great....Barrett needs to get paid , there isn't anything that shows him dropping off in his play..