Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Myles Garrett

2 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

It is.

He should be suspended for the reminder of the year IMO. And frankly, if he's not, then this league is completely full of shit about player safety.

They only worry about player safety if it might cost them money down the road. An attack with a helmet? Pffft! Whack him on his peepee and done.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I can't ever recall a guy swinging a helmet on the field of play, or off for that matter. How is that not simple assault?

I remember Lyle Alzado ripping off Jets lineman Chris Ward's helmet and hitting Ward on the shoulder pads in the early '80s.

I think he has to be suspended for the rest of the year...at a minimum. If it were my call, he would also be out for all of next year as well.

He should also be prosecuted for assault and battery, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, or whatever criminal charges are appropriate. That was insane, potentially lethal, after the whistle, and completely outside the bounds of the game.

This could but won't result in criminal charges vs. Garrett.

All over the place with how long any suspension should be.  Okunjobe needs to sit for a while as well. Garrett shouldn't play through next season in my view.

Why do situations such as these seem to happen in sports with teams which have been "oversold" to the public and the circus comes to town. In the Browns case it really has to make anyone wonder wtf is going on in the locker room which allows for some of the shit we've seen and heard from the players in that locker room.

Garrett out indefinitely.. Pouncy, 3 games. Okunjobe  gets a game.

What they aren't showing is Rudolph being the punk ass bitch.  He tried to pull Garret's helmet off. But failed. Garrett didn't fail.. Rudolph re engages. Had he not done either, this doesn't happen..  But regardless, ya can't thump someone on the head with a helmet. You just can't.. But Rudolph shouldn't get off scot free.

7 hours ago, Axe said:

Garrett out indefinitely.. Pouncy, 3 games. Okunjobe  gets a game.

What they aren't showing is Rudolph being the punk ass bitch  he is tried to pull Garret's helmet off. But failed. Garrett didn't fail.. Rudolph re engages. Had he not done either, this doesn't happen..  But regardless, ya can't thump someone on the head with a helmet. You just can't.. But Rudolph shouldn't get off scot free.

Scuffle like that happen.  Maybe Rudolph should be fined, but thats about it.

If Garrett didn't go ape shit crazy, this never would've been much of an issue.

13 hours ago, fanofdabucs said:

Scuffle like that happen.  Maybe Rudolph should be fined, but thats about it.

If Garrett didn't go ape shit crazy, this never would've been much of an issue.

After Garret jerked off the helmet and was being held by Pouncey ...Rudolf kept going after Garret...then got slammed with the helmet....Point being …..Rudolf started it and continued but Garret took it the another level.....They both need disciplined..... 

Mike Tyson got a 3 million dollar fine and a fifteen month suspension for biting the ear off Holyfield.....Holyfield head butted Tyson several times but no fines to Holy

field …..so I guess if your going to get into a fight may as well start it...people that retaliate lose....