Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Myles Garrett

Apparently Garrett is now claiming Rudolph used a racial slur, which they imply was the N-word. I wonder if that's true, or whether Garrett just made that up to try to excuse his behavior. if he's lying, that's pretty despicable. 

In any event, the NFL seems to have upheld Garrett's indefinite suspension.

2 hours ago, tfree32 said:

Apparently Garrett is now claiming Rudolph used a racial slur, which they imply was the N-word. I wonder if that's true, or whether Garrett just made that up to try to excuse his behavior. if he's lying, that's pretty despicable. 

In any event, the NFL seems to have upheld Garrett's indefinite suspension.

He was singing a song minding his own business and wham...

1 hour ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

For a couple of reasons, I have my doubts regarding Garrett's claim.

And those reasons would be?

I've lil doubt it happened.. But regardless, it doesn't excuse his response. Drop the helmet and beat his ass if that actually happened.

Hard to believe Rudolph said that on the field and no one else heard it and the microphones didn't pick it up.

Hard to believe if he said it, Garrett didn't mention it for about a week.

Hard to believe Rudolph would say that on the field surrounded by a number of large black athletes, including his own teammates, who might beat his ass if they heard it.

Hard to believe Rudolph's teammates would support him so strongly if he had shown even a glimmer of being a racist douchebag capble of saying that kind of thing.

Signs point to Garrett struggling to defend his indefensible behavior. He should have passed on the Jussie Smollett routine and simply pointed out that Rudolph is a douche with a very punchable face. If he'd gone that route, he might have had his suspension reduced.