Sign in to follow this  
MadMac

Hargreaves is "Harnomore" with Bucs

I am almost scared to ask, but is there any place to figure out what the bust rate in the last 10 years of high level picks by the NFL as a whole versus the Bucs?

Maybe I don't want to know......

Of course, this COULD be why Licht is still around, he drafts players who will fail so they do not become an economic burden for the driblets.

In that draft, it was generally considered that the Bucs needed to draft a CB for which it wasn't a great draft for.  Ramsey was gone and there were only a couple of others looked upon as first rounders. Eli Apple was one and the Bucs traded out of the 9th to 11 supposedly because they knew the Giants wanted Eli Apple and could still get Hargreaves with the 11th pick. There has always been chatter that the Bucs wanted him because of the double local angle. Gator and Wharton alum.  My son was/is friends with him and he seemed like a good kid but he didn't play well while with the Bucs for sure.

That 2016 draft wasn't a stellar one overall for the NFL. 

17 minutes ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

In that draft, it was generally considered that the Bucs needed to draft a CB for which it wasn't a great draft for.  Ramsey was gone and there were only a couple of others looked upon as first rounders. Eli Apple was one and the Bucs traded out of the 9th to 11 supposedly because they knew the Giants wanted Eli Apple and could still get Hargreaves with the 11th pick. There has always been chatter that the Bucs wanted him because of the double local angle. Gator and Wharton alum.  My son was/is friends with him and he seemed like a good kid but he didn't play well while with the Bucs for sure.

Thing is, the shit show that is Bucs' drafting was not unique to that particular draft. And to have essentially nothing to show for the top picks gets no excuse from a weak draft year argument. Every other team in the NFL had to deal with it as well.

46 minutes ago, jspaldin said:

I am almost scared to ask, but is there any place to figure out what the bust rate in the last 10 years of high level picks by the NFL as a whole versus the Bucs?

Maybe I don't want to know......

Of course, this COULD be why Licht is still around, he drafts players who will fail so they do not become an economic burden for the driblets.

It would be interesting to see the draft success of other franchises. There has to be some website that corrals this by some formula they make up. I suspect the Bucs wouldn't fair as poorly as some think but it wouldn't be anywhere near good.

1 hour ago, fanofdabucs said:

How can a casual fan like me, see things that a highly paid GM and NFL scouts not see??

As a Gator fan and not a homer, I said he wasnt that good and struggled when he played better WRs in college. Kept hearing about "ball skills" and how could I know more than the guys who get paid.

Sad. 

Smells like the Tards were in the room.

3 hours ago, Gulf Shore Steve said:

I do know the third rounder that KC got for trading down to give the Bucs Aguayo was so bad that he was cut before his first season. It happens but it is rare for a third round pick not to survive his first preseason. He in not the NFL any more bouncing through teams in tryouts.. The one they got in the 4th round is still in the NFL but he was with the Browns. Three picks in the top 60 (11 Hargreaves 38 Spence and 60 Aguayo) and their positive contributions are negligible in 4 years.

2 hours ago, The Rich McKay Conspiracy said:

Oh well, I went to UF, so I'm disappointed he didn't work out, but he was due $9m or $10m next year and was never going to see that, cutting him now at least sends a message to everyone else...

Another consideration was that while the Bucs picked up his option for next year, it was only guaranteed if he got injured...and since it became clear that Loafing Bust was not going to be on the roster next year, they cut him now before he could get hurt in the upcoming games.

Knowing how fuckened this franchise is, the injury was definitely going to happen.

19 hours ago, jspaldin said:

Thing is, the shit show that is Bucs' drafting was not unique to that particular draft. And to have essentially nothing to show for the top picks gets no excuse from a weak draft year argument. Every other team in the NFL had to deal with it as well.

Exactly and when a team sucks all over the roster, you should NEVER go into a draft or one round, for that matter, pigeonholing yourself into one position. 

The Bucs also needed a DE, and should have taken Floyd at 9. 

They also needed a OT, S, DE....

12 hours ago, Axe said:

I don't care where the players come from.. I'm just fucking tired of rooting for a perennial shit team 🤬

Never really understood that kind of thinking. 

Some of my favorite Bucs (Brooks and Dunn) were Seminoles. Some of my least favorite (Anthony, Green, Walker) were Gators.

Get good football players..who gives a fuck where they went to college.

11 minutes ago, fanofdabucs said:

Never really understood that kind of thinking. 

Some of my favorite Bucs (Brooks and Dunn) were Seminoles. Some of my least favorite (Anthony, Green, Walker) were Gators.

Get good football players..who gives a fuck where they went to college.

I'm just glad to see guys were able to get a good education before they sign with the Bucs. At least they won't have to load trucks at Home Depot or deliver meals to seniors to make a living a couple years later when they get cut.